Book Clinic Appointment with Mrs. Chhaya Jain
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Treatment of Cancer Counselling
Submit a review for Mrs. Chhaya JainYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I saw Chhaya Jain clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred her. With great ease Chhaya Jain explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. she gave me treatment to increase concentration. All the staff members were very helpful. The entire Chhaya Jain is very nicely designed. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
She did my sister's psychotherapy. The Chhaya Jain's clinc is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. The psychotherapy has helped her greatly and now I am perfectly fine. One of my colleague referred Chhaya Jain. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
I was suffering from stress and It was affecting my day to day life. My father took me to Dr Chhaya. She is a well experienced psychologist. She helped me to get rid this problem. She took number of counselling sessions and after all the sessions, I am perfectly fine.
Mrs. Chhaya Jain provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you so much.
You might think, as a parent, that if you behave strictly then your child will become well-behaved. But research and studies have shown that the opposite happens. Strict parenting leads to children who behave worse than others and they suffer from low self-esteem.
Some other reasons why being strict is harmful:
- Never learning self-regulation: Responsibility and self-discipline have to be learned by the children themselves. When you put harsh limits on them, they never learn self-regulation. If they think the limits don’t sound too harsh, they will learn to accept them. But the limits placed on them should never be controlling. If this happens, children see themselves as being controlled and no one enjoys being controlled.
- Instilling fear: If you are being authoritarian (parenting in which there are high demands and low sympathy) instead of empathetic, then your children will become scared of you. You are instilling the power of fear in them. This triggers a vicious chain of events. When you yell, they will yell as well.
- Anger and depression: Authoritarian parenting often leads to children believing a part of them is unacceptable. They feel that their parents would not understand. It makes them susceptible to anger management issues and depression.
- Blindly obeying those in power: Children raised up in strict households start thinking power is always right. They learn to obey blindly. This makes them vulnerable to peer pressure. They also never learn to take responsibility for their actions.
- Rebelling: Children tend to be angrier and become rebellious when they have strict parents. The need to break free and not conform to the non-empathetic limits that forces them to act out. They might even nurture thoughts about leaving home and running away.
- Lying: Strict parenting creates excellent liars. Children learn to lie when they are in trouble. They think lies will placate their parents and they can get away with anything.
- Damage to parent-child relationship: If you are strict and you don’t change your authoritarian ways, then it damages your relationship with your children. Natural empathy is lacking in strict parents. You don’t understand your child, and your child doesn’t feel like sharing their lives with you. It creates a divide between the parent and child. Children never quite get over this as they grow older.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Procrastination affects all of us at some point of time in our lives. For most of us, that time comes as soon as the New Year begins. We make a resolution at the end of almost every year to introduce a healthy change or leave a bad habit. However, our commitment to stick to our resolution starts falling flat as we come out of the festive mood and get caught in the hustle and bustle of life. Most of us decide to bring the change to our lifestyles from the coming Monday of the new year. However, for most of us, that Monday never comes. We keep postponing our plan of action to the next Monday and the next month. By the time we realize that we really need to stick to our plan, the year already comes to an end.
Procrastination can make us miss on some of the most amazing things that we can do in life and the things that we really enjoy doing. However, we can make a resolution to overcome our procrastination this year as 2017 ends with one good reason - this time, the beginning of the new year 2018 falls on the new week, the new day i.e. Monday. This very reason is a good enough for all of us to stick to our resolutions from the first day itself and not to delay it until the end of 2018 or until any other Monday.
As you prepare your plans for the New Year’s Eve, start thinking about your resolution for the year 2018 and your plans to follow from the very first day. The following are some of the healthy resolutions that each one of us needs to make right away:
Resolution #1: I won’t eat out for more than one day in a month
Eating home-made meals is absolutely essential to maintain a good health. Processed food and meals ordered from restaurants often lack nutrition and they contain higher amounts of sugar, salt, and refined flour. Half of our concerns related to health will fade away when we start eating right and at the right time.
Resolution #2: I will engage in one physical activity at least once a day
People, especially working professionals, are often too busy to hit the gym and go for a walk. The only physical activity they carry out is to commute to their offices and that too using a transportation system. They spend hours sitting in front of the computer and getting burdened with immense stress. This takes a severe toll on the physical health.
Such people can make a resolution to engage themselves in at least one physical activity every day. Be it walking to a nearby shop to purchase grocery, washing their car, doing the dishes standing, cooking meals at home or mopping the floor.
Resolution #3: I will eat at least one fruit every day
Fruits are absolutely wonderful when it comes to intake of micronutrients and other important vitamins and minerals. Colored fruits such as berries, grapes, and oranges are a rich source of antioxidants that prevent the accumulation of free radicals that cause oxidative damage.
Resolution #4: I will sleep on time or for at least 7 hours every night
Make a commitment to sleep for at least 7, if not 8, hours a day. Sound sleep is absolutely essential to maintain proper mental health and keep the functioning of the hormonal system in the body optimum. It also helps keep a number of health conditions at bay. Sleeping at the same time every day is also essential.
Resolution #5: I will not use any gadget at least an hour before hitting the bed
The light emitted from gadgets such as smartphones and tablets can disrupt sleep and keep you awake at night for a longer duration. Therefore, it is best not to use them at least an hour before you plan to sleep.
So make your list of resolutions and dream up for the New Year. Procrastinating is easy but keeping ourselves away from it is even easier if we have a strong will and are motivated to do something to make our lives better. Not today, not tomorrow, but we can incorporate these little changes in our routine every single day to experience the big change!
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The best way to overcome panic attacks is to educate yourself and train your mind to respond to the panic in acceptable and calming ways. In order to get over panic attacks, you will require responses that are different from what you normally do. If you keep trying the same means, you cannot expect different results. If you are willing to be relieved from anxiety, you shall have to try different methods.
You may try the following steps to help yourself cope with panic attacks:
- Acknowledge and accept: This is the first step to progress. You should face the reality instead of ignoring it or pretending that everything is alright. You must acknowledge that you are afraid even when there is no danger. In order to overcome panic attacks, you should learn to work with it instead of working against it.
- Wait and watch: By ‘wait’ it means that you should try to be in that position for some time. It’s true that you may feel insane with your fears and panics, but you should slowly count to 10 when you feel you are going crazy. Your fears would try to snatch away your ability to think or rationalize, and by waiting and watching what happens next, you could get a little span of time for regaining those innate abilities.
- Do something: Once you have already passed through the two initial steps of managing panic disorder, your next task is meant to comfort yourself. You could do this with some breathing exercises, by talking to yourself and by getting involved with what’s happening around you at the present. It will slowly make you feel comfortable by relaxing those parts of the body that get much tensed.
- Repeat if required: Now you have already started to feel better, but another wave of panic may attack you all of a sudden. You may feel that your coping strategies didn’t work. At such a point, you could simply follow all the steps from the top to feel better all over again and there’s nothing wrong in going through several cycles.
- End it: In this final step, you should remind yourself that your panic disorder would end and that all panic disorders end. Your only job is to make yourself feel better and cope with the challenges that you feel during the attack. Gradually, you will feel that those undesired feelings are going away, making you feel relieved.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm all the time concerned about getting sick after encountering a few health issues recently (CSR, JMT). The issues were not uncommon, but not easily treatable with medicines. Now I feel vulnerable and anxious all the time about developing another one episode that will hamper my normal life. How can I live without these fears and anxiety?
I can't control my thoughts. I can't even sleep properly because of them. I think stuff which I don't want to think and then suddenly I come back to the moment forgetting what was I thinking. It's really bad. It isn't allowing me to concentrate either. Please tell me what to do. It's like daydreaming which gets off my memory suddenly.
It is absolutely natural for your little ones to be anxious when you are separating from them. Though it can be difficult, but separation anxiety is one of the stages of development. It is supposed to fade away gradually by practicing some coping strategies. In case it intensifies and starts to interrupt with normal, daily activities, your child may have a separation anxiety disorder.
- Teach your child about separation anxiety: Regardless of the type of problem your child is struggling with, it is important for him or her to understand several things about anxiety. You should explain that anxiety is an adaptive system that signals the body that we are in danger. But it becomes a grave problem when the body tells that there is a danger even when there is no real danger. You should try to help your child identify his or her feelings and thoughts that he or she comes across when separating from you.
- Encourage your child not to seek help: Those kids who deal with separation anxiety seek excessive assurance from their parents. They keep on asking different questions in order to be cent percent sure that nothing would happen to them or their parents after they separate. You should tell your child that it is anxiety speaking for them and you can even make a plan with your child to beat anxiety.
- Create your child’s toolbox: One of the best ways to assist your child in dealing with separation anxiety is to create a toolbox for him or her that can be utilized if he feels scared. You should teach him or her to relax through calm breathing and relaxing his or her muscles.
- Teach your child to think realistically: Often it is found that kids with separation anxiety have thoughts that are quite unrealistic, but they don’t realize this when they feel anxious. For instance, if you and your husband are coming home late, your child may feel that both of his parents have had an accident. You may help him cope with it through a plan that would aid your child to detect the unhelpful thoughts and develop new thoughts that are realistic and helpful.
- Build your child’s bravery: In order to overcome separation anxiety, your kid has to practice some skills every time he faces such a situation. It is quite like an exercise that has to be turned into a habit so that your child feels better and gradually improves until he reaches his goals. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Are you living with a person suffering from depression, and are facing a tough time in adjusting with him or her? Depression is quite a frustrating condition to deal with. A depressed person may be looking for ways to get help, but cannot find the right approach. If you have a person suffering from depression in your home, you can be of great help by recognizing the symptoms and signs of depression in that person. Here are some effective ways of dealing with a depressed patient, which you should follow:
- Recognize the symptoms, how they appear, and what triggers them.
- Try to convince the person to seek professional treatment. In case of a depressed teen or child, help him to get proper treatment.
- Encourage the depressed person that he or she deserves better, and how treatment will help them feel much better.
- Recommend resources and ways for helping the patient.
- If the patient stops functioning properly, attend to him, and accompany him for treatment till his condition improves.
- If the patient is too unwell or very young to provide proper information to a therapist, act as a link or a mediator between the two.
- Arrange for hospitalization if the depressed person becomes suicidal, or experiences delusions and hallucinations.
- If the person stays functional, but refuses to seek treatment, take the assistance of others such as friends, relatives, doctors, and clergy. Find a way to convince the patient for undergoing the right treatment.
- Do not give up very soon and encourage the patient, as he or she may need your support and comfort, even after treatment is undertaken.
- Take some further action, in case all your efforts of encouraging and uplifting a depressed person fails over a period of time.
- If you are dealing with a depressed spouse, explore separation when the spouse denies treatment and continues living miserably.
- In case you are the parent of a depressed person, consult a mental health specialist and clarify the amount of assistance the patient requires.
Although it is not very easy to deal, cope, and live with a person suffering from depression, it is very important for you to reach out and help the person as much as possible, and make him or her feel better. Patience is key for you to positively manage the situation and the person. There are various modes of treating a depressed person, which you must avail. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
Technology affects every aspect of our lives including how we date. Today, the first interaction a couple has isn’t over a cup of coffee, but through the internet. While some people swear by online dating others are still vary of it. Like a coin, online dating has two sides; pros and cons. Here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of online dating.
- Easier way of meeting people: If you’re new to the city, online dating can be a great way of introducing yourself to new people. Even if you don’t find a relationship, you might end up with a number of new friends. Online dating can help you meet new people even if you’ve lived in the same city all your life. It broadens your search and introduces you to people outside your friend circle. You might even meet someone who can help you network better professionally.
- Convenient: Careers can be very demanding and leave a person almost no time to socialise. Online dating helps people who have no time to socialise in person, meet people virtually. Today, most online dating websites and apps have filters through which you screen people. hence unlike when a friend sets you up on a blind date, you already know something about the other person and have something in common with them. Online dating also makes optimal use of time; taking a ten-minute break between work - you can easily scan through dating profiles and find someone you’d like to meet.
- Dishonest profiles: Unfortunately, the internet makes it easy to lie and pretend to be someone you are not. While small white lies like pretending to like outdoor activities when you don’t really care for them are okay, some people may put up profiles that are nothing like their actual personalities. This can make online dating slightly unsafe and hence whenever you meet someone from our online dating world, it is best to do so in a place where there will be other people as well.
- Different understanding of relationships: Not everyone who makes a dating profile is interested in a long term relationship. For some people, this may just be a way of meeting people to have a fling with or to simply make new friends. Online dating makes it difficult to understand a person’s true personality and hence you may not realise that you and the other person have a different opinion about relationships until quite late. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Living with anxiety on a daily basis can be really stressful. And while you are dealing with anxiety, it is very important not to sway away with the symptoms and commit yourself to a treatment. For instant release of anxiety, you really don't need to go for a vacation or to the spa or a weekend retreat. It is easy to beat anxiety within 5-15 minutes, just being where you are.
So don't think and instantly reduce your anxiety to give yourself a wonderful day. Here are 5 ways to reduce your anxiety immediately.
- Meditation: Meditation for a few minutes daily helps relieve anxiety. As per a research, doing meditation daily changes the neural pathways of the brain, thereby making it more flexible towards stress. Meditation is the simplest way to beat anxiety. All you have to do is just sit straight with feet on the floor and closed eyes. Next just focus your energy on reciting a mantra.
- Deep Breathing: A 5-minute breathing regime is a sure shot way to relieve anxiety. Sit straight with closed eyes and place your hands on your abdomen. First start with slow inhalation of air through the nose. Feel the breath through your abdomen and head and then reverse the process by exhaling it out through the mouth. Psychologists state that deep breathing helps to bring down stress and anxiety by lowering the blood pressure.
- Laugh Aloud: A good laugh is a great way to shed off the stress and anxiety. When you laugh, chemical endorphins are released which elevate your mood. A good laugh also lowers the cortisol levels which are the stress hormone.
- Talk to someone: Distracting yourself by talking to friends and family helps. The mind starts wandering when in anxiety and alone and the effective technique to talk to some trusted person helps. The support you get from family and friends just boosts you back and wards you off the symptoms. In case of a panic attack, you can request the company of a friend and relative to watch over you.
- Trick your anxious thoughts: Anxiety does not happen suddenly but is due to the mind's tendency to have negative thoughts spiraling day in and day out and the worse is that you have no control over the thoughts. Learn to tame these thoughts and the triggers which cause these to keep anxiety at bay.
There are strategies which you can try to help you keep anxious thoughts away.
1. Question yourself when you experience anxiety. A long checklist helps you make your thoughts more realistic.
2. Give affirmations to yourself that everything is okay, you will get over the situation. Usually, affirmations are made to comfort one.
3. Know the physical symptoms as many times physical sensations like in case of a panic attack tend to trigger anxiety and stress. When you get used to the symptoms, the mind does not send signals for anxiety to the brain. Create exercise to habituate yourself to a panic attack. There is no cure for anxiety but the fastest way to get your anxiety under control is to simply manage it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist and ask a free question.