Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Ms. Aradhana RanglaniYour feedback matters!
I have been always in Tension as what will happen in future. If any body give trouble on my asset. how to get rid of it?
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi I am getting married in 2 months & I hv no idea abt physical relations so I am concerned abt it and afraid to face the things.
I am 23 years old male, I am a medical student Sir my mind is foggy, I am not able to think clearly ,I am very forgetful, I sleep more during daytime, I cannot grasp things quickly, it takes a lot of time, my problem started 4 years ago after I drunk whiskey for the first time in my life, from then onwards my mind was foggy and slowed down, my academics started to suffer ,I started skipping work, studies ,i have taken lot of antidepressants from time to time but it doesn't help, I cannot concentrate on books, I am very confused, I am less attentive to things going around, I find difficulty in driving car, it takes lot of mental effort, I have social phobia, I fear going out of home, I like to do everything at home. From last 4 years I have felt the same ,my mental ability doesn't improve anytime during these 4 years, I am worried if I have developed permanent mental disability or dementia like thing, one more thing when I go to a place I cannot think of routes which I have to take to reach that place For example I have to go to my friends house which is far away, I forget or I am just confused about how to go there ,my mind cannot make up the whole route which I have to take to reach that place, but finally I get there, but it takes lot of mental effort, Another thing which I want to tell you is whenever I watch a movie, I cannot comprehend it fully, I take more time in understanding the concept of movie .my thinking ability has slowed down. Please help! Thanks Yours sincerely
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please suggest.
The greatest wealth is health. Physical health and mental health are just the two sides of the same coin. One wouldn't be functional without the other. For a person to achieve a complete sense of well-being, he or she needs to have a functional mental and physical health. Although there are hundreds of methods such as yoga, meditation, exercise and annual checkups to maintain good health, people are not aware of them due to many factors such as lack of awareness. Yet the following are some of the habits one can adhere to in their daily lives for a healthy living.
- Eat to stay fit: 'Every time you eat or drink, you are either feeding disease or fighting it.' Eating healthy is crucial as it facilitates and improves the metabolic functions of the body. One should always aim for a balanced diet consisting of adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals. Fresh fruits and vegetables should be included and fried, fat-rich and fast foods should be avoided to the extent possible. The right foods help in fighting foreign substances while the unhealthy ones breed them.
- Rest to be at your best: Requisite rest and sufficient sleep is essential for proper functioning of the body. If perhaps, early to bed and early to rise is not your thing, then you might try going to bed at a regular time each day. A good night's sleep rejuvenates both the body and the mind after a day's work. It can be compared to the refreshing cold water that one craves after a long run. So for those who love sleep, you people are possibly on the right track.
- Follow an active lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is perhaps the cause of a diaspora of diseases in the long run. A daily dose of physical activity is quintessential for maintaining a sound physical and mental health. Physical workouts and exercises lead to an increased circulation of blood throughout the body and help both the body and mind to stay fit. If you do not get enough time for workouts, try running or walking for at least 30 minutes a day. It will help. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Can I take baclofen with lonazep. As my doctor has prescribed me these medicines now along with thiamine 100 mg. And I am feeling better now. The craving for alcohol has reduced a lot.
Please suggest me some food and exercise in order to increase my memory power and alertness of my mind.
I always get negative thought and get nightmare and fell pain in left occipital lobe. On this hole I drank bhang incidentally but that gave me a severe trauma I think sometime I become blank and what are we why are we etcc and sometime it disturbs in daily activity sir please help me. Is this is related with tumors.
I had a boyfriend and we are loving each other but unfortunately we couldn' t married each other due to some family problems and all, but it has been 1 year of my marriage and I am unable to forget my first love and same for that person he is also not able to forget me. We tried but couldn't. What should I do?
Homeopathy was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird, but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide.
Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease, which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness. There are efficient homeopathic medicines that can work to reduce the illness, especially if treated in the early stages.
Homeopathy is a reliable path to follow because it does not have any side effects, unlike antidepressants that tend to numb people. Here is a comprehensive list of homeopathic medicines that are effective in treating depression.
- Natrum muriaticum: This homeopathic treatment is useful for mild depression or for people suffering extreme bereavement due to loss or a sudden shock.
- Sepia: This medicine is beneficial to women suffering from postpartum depression (sadness or emotional confliction after giving birth) and menopause. Feeling of solitude and hopelessness with no energy to continue with life are some common symptoms that can be reduced with Sepia.
- Arsenicum album: This medicine is prescribed to control the symptoms like diarrhea, gastric problems, indigestion which patients often suffer from as a result of intense anxiety. Patients, appropriate for this medicine tend to be fastidious and restless. It is made of white arsenic and should be taken in prescribed potency because an overdose can cause gastroenteritis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy.