Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dt. Shika GuptaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor please give me some diet chat, I am very fat so please suggest. And what medicine used for calcium.
Hello Doctor, I have an habit of eating one banana daily night after my dinner and before going to sleep. Will it increase the chance of gaining body weight and also is it healthy to eat banana before sleep?
All of my parts of bodies are healthy but I feel my arm and wrist should have more thicker as far as my body growth is concerned. I have stronger arms but I want my arm as a thick (fatty). Please suggest. Thanks.
My wife is diabetic and his average sugar hba1c is 5.9 can you suggest me roughing diet for her to maintain sugar level (age. 37 yr)
Hi, I am female 29 years old, married, mera weight gain ho gya hai or mujhe bloating gas bhut hota hai or ab constipation kabhi kabhi hota hain. Please advice what to do?
Hi, I am having Ring Worms near my genital area. They come and go after every week. They stay for like 4-5 days, after 8-10 days they re-appear. First I thought it was normal ring worm, so I used a standard medicine Four-Derm for it, it gives me relief and within 2-3 days effects are shown. After some time, ringworms appear again. This is happening to me for last 10-14 months. Sometimes the outbreak is so severe that it appear in may inner thigh and near my anal area as well. P.S. I did not have any kind of sexual intercourse with any body, ever. Please suggest.
Hi, I am 29 years old and have weight of 90 kg and height is 5 feet 10 inches. I want to lose weight. Can you suggest any ayurvedic medicine for this. I also want ot know if vrikshamala will help me to lose weight and regulate my cholesterol levels. Thanks.
I' m a 30 years old woman. I want to lose weight. But I don' t know what I can do it for? my weight is 79 kg.
Hello sir, I getting fat day by day what should I do to stop my increasing fat Please help me out by giving some of tips which I can try at home.
I feel exhausted after office hours and I am unable to sleep a good sleep at night 3 to 4 times usually I wake up please suggest a remedy.
Hello. I am having problem of pcod. So what diet plan should I have in my regular life. I am suffering from weight gain problems.
I m very slim n thin. Want to gain some mass. Can you tell me best food or some supplement pls. Thnx.
Sir I am praveeen I have a problem what I do I feel very lazy when I read any book or study time and also I not remember any things for long time and my mind is always feel weakness.
Hello doctor. I am 22 years old and a rugby player. I do intense weight training in the gym and later in the evening I have my game practice sessions in which I do very intense cardio. I sweat a lot both of the times could you please let me knw how mch litres of water should I consume per day?
Protein supplements cannot hurt, right? We know you have questions about the efficacy and safety of protein supplementation and we are going to answer all your concerns right here. People all around the world spend billions of dollars on sports nutrition and protein supplements that can enhance their athletic performance and improve their looks. These supplements usually consist of whey, casein, soy, egg albumin, brown rice, cow milk, wheat, beef, pea, hemp, etc. and are available as ready-to-drink shakes, bars, gels and powders in a variety of flavours.
How are protein supplements good?
- Proteins are good for health as they help build muscle. They improve immune function too.
- Furthermore, protein may also help reduce blood pressure.
- Research has proved beyond a doubt that higher protein intake may help manage normal blood pressure and prevent complications due to hypertension.
- Consuming enough soy protein is also beneficial to cardiovascular health as it lowers triglyceride levels and LDL cholesterol levels. It also increases HDL levels.
Whey protein reduces obesity and enhances immunity as well as anti-oxidant activity. It also lowers blood glucose levels. Remember, training while taking whey supplements can enhance lean body mass, strength, and muscle size as whey is a complete protein containing all nine of the amino acids. Thus, these supplements are a good source of all the amino acids required by your body.
How are they bad?
- Protein supplements are not regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- As the supplement market is unregulated, there is a major risk of use of inferior products and contamination with heavy metals and pesticides.
- Another reason protein supplementation is bad is because you don’t require so much protein, even if you are working out. The recommended daily intake of protein for healthy adults is just 0.75 g of protein/kg body weight. This means you need about 45 - 56 g of protein a day. Adult athletes need 1.5 g/kg body weight.
- But if you are on protein supplements, you may end up ingesting more protein than required. This can cause a buildup of ‘ketones’ bodies. And this in turn can cause ketosis. In simple words, ketosis can cause your body's pH to lower to dangerously acidic levels, leading to a state called ketoacidosis.
- This can lead to an inordinate load on your kidneys as they work overtime to get rid of ketones and this may lead to severe dehydration, particularly if you exercise heavily. And this can make you weak and dizzy, not strong.
- It can also give you a bad breath and other health problems like osteoporosis.
Last, but not the least, protein supplements contain extra calories. Extra protein required by you can be received without a problem by eating a protein rich diet. You don’t need protein supplements for this. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.