Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Shika GuptaYour feedback matters!
i am 26 years old i have belly from years but now it statred looking ugly . how can i reduce it as well give me the diet plan for loosing weight
As obesity is becoming a big menace in daily affair to the individual's life and in their regular affairs and in the health system. Exercise and health go hand in hand, obesity is characterised as a state of low grade chronic inflammation. Excessive caloric intake compromises the immune system's ability to fight infection. High fat diets tend to depress the immune function.
Obese people are more prone to developing infections and antibiotics and vaccines do not act as well on them. To cope with this best solution through to maintain a healthy lifestyle, cycling for half an hour, a zumba class four to five times a week and a 20 minute walk are a few options that can go a long way keep immunity strong and in check.
My weight is 71kg and I want to reduce my weight want to cut my belly fat. Give me some steps and Medicare about how I get slim n fit.
I'm having weak health so wanna growth my health simultaneously increase my weight. So kindly suggest me which process will be good for health medicine or any protein powder? If protein powder then let me know that brand name. Or if there is any natural process by eating then also explain me. Thank you.
I am 30 year male and I am feeling very low due to weakness because of 2 days loose motions one weak back and I have backache, with dizziness and pain in eyes from last few days. Could you prescribed some medicine or diet plan, exercise to overcome from such condition.
Hello. Doctor.I want to know that what diet should be taken in this monsoon. and what do and don'ts in diet.
I am 40 years old male, fell of from my bike and hurt my right collar bone (hair line fracture) on Feb10th 2016, my doctor advised 6 weeks rest, braces for both my shoulders, its been 50 days now, sometimes I still feel the pain and found slight swelling also, cannot lift or raise my hand. 1. How long should I have to wear these braces on shoulder. 2. How long will the pain still be. 3. How long will it take my hand to come to normal position. 4. Any other precautions to be taken. I would really appreciate if you could kindly advice me on the above details, kindly let me know if any other details are required.
I am 34 years old man and my height is 5'10" and my weight is 96kg. Please can you let me know different ways to reduce weight. I can dedicate two days in week for exercise.
I am 16 years old and I am obese. Please help me and give me advise on how to reduce weight by not reducing on my diet.
I have thyroid and i am a mother of 10 months old baby. I want to reduce weight so can I have some diet plan which I can use while breastfeeding him?
Dear sir, I have belly fat last 2 years. If any diet plan or medication for advise me. Regards Dhanapal.
Just need to know with my age & weight, what will be perfect diet for me in breakfast, lunch & dinner?
Sex in pregnancy is generally safe if the couple keeps a few things in mind.
1. Sex in the first trimester or first 3 months is usually avoided, as it is an important time of pregnancy.
2. From 4th month onwards, sex is generally safe.
3. The frequency, position etc. depends upon the patient's comfort levels. There are no fixed rules.
4. In the last month, sex is thought to increase chances of spontaneously going into labor.
5. Physical intimacy must definitely be avoided in certain situations, bleeding or pain during pregnancy, an increased risk of premature labor pains, rupture of membranes and leaking, previous bad obstetric history etc. In the case of doubt, consult with your doctor.
Runner's knee is a painful condition that is usually encountered by athletes who indulge in varied exercises like running, jumping, walking, biking and more, on a regular or professional basis. The kneecap is a region that gets affected with aches and pain when a person is suffering from Runner's knee. This condition can occur due to a fall or constant bending of the knee, which can lead to misalignment of the knee joints and knee cap. Also, weak muscles and lack of balance during physical activities can add to the risk of contracting this condition.
Here's how you can deal with it.
- Give it Rest: Literally! Suffering from Runner's knee could also mean that your body is trying to ask you to slow down. Wear and tear from excessive levels of physical activity can lead to Runner's knee, and in such cases, the best way to come back to peak physical form is to take some rest so that the knee is free of activity and consequent pain until it is ready to take on exercise again.
- The Only Way is 'Up': When you are suffering from pain in the region behind and around the knee cap due to Runner's knee, the best way to alleviate the pain is to place your knee in an elevated position. Get yourself some comfortable cushions and pile a few of them up before placing your knee on top. This position will give support even as blood circulation increases and inflammation, if any, decreases.
- Anti-inflammation Medication: See your doctor for chronic Runner's knee and find out if you are suffering from inflammation which may require the help of medication. This medication can bring down and gradually eliminate the inflammation or swelling, to give you relief from the pain. Remember to check for side effects before you take these medicines, though.
- Strengthening Exercises: A sure shot way of dealing with chronic pain is to do some muscle strengthening exercises as prescribed by your orthopaedic specialist or a physiotherapist. Doing these exercises will give your muscles the strength to support your knees in a better way while you indulge in athletic activities. Remember to substantiate these exercises with a calcium and protein rich diet as well.
- Cold Compress: In case you have had a fall or suffered an injury which has led to Runner's knee, you can make use of a cold compress or an ice pack to relieve the pain for some time. Ice is a well-known treatment for acute and sudden pain.
Runner's knee is a condition that needs care, rest, and medication if it is persistent. If these methods do not help, you should see a doctor for scans and tests.
Related Tip: Physiotherapeutic Approaches for Sports Injuries?