Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
I am too thin such that if any storm comes I will blow away. My ambition id s to get into defence services and I don't have a chest too. What should I do to build my body, chest, muscles.
I want build a well body. What thing will i be do for that. What is routine to do. For body building.
Hello I am 22 m. I am suffering from hair fall problem for 4-5 years after the 12th. Now I use nizral 2% and dove shampoo and it worked little. But problem still make me worried. My query is which shampoo is best for men hairfall problem or remedy of this. Please answer in detail.
Can we eat oats with milk and walnuts before bed time. Is it good for health eating like that during night. I also eat Keera along with oats. Could you please let me know if I can proceed like that or suggest me some food to eat before bed time.
How to reduce weight my height is 5 ft and my weight is 67 kg. I am a girl what should I do to reduce my weight.
My age is 30 years. I am a male. I have weakness problem. Every time I fell low. What should I do to ride from it. I am suffering this from 1 years.
Mothers, universally, have been faithful torchbearers of the benefits of milk. Cow, buffalo, camel or soy, milk happens to be an indispensable part of your diet. Instead of taking age old conventions for granted a little bit of thought into your food can improve your health. Usually, most households consume cow milk.
While cow milk is definitely favorable for one's health, adult and child all the same, buffalo milk has its plus points too. Your subjective case might profit from buffalo milk. Read up on the advantages of drinking buffalo milk to choose better.
Buffalo milk will help you in these many ways:
- It will bring down your cholesterol levels: Bad cholesterol levels or LDL is detrimental to one's health. Buffalo milk helps to bring down bad cholesterols. It is low in cholesterol and should therefore, be a great supplement. A glass of this milk every day can keep your heart in order.
- If you want your child to put on weight, feed him or her Buffalo milk: Being skinny or rickety could be a worrying problem. In comparison to cow milk, buffalo milk has a huge amount of fat content. It can help you increase muscle mass adding strength to your physique. If you are an adult facing issues related to lower muscle mass, you should start drinking buffalo milk. Children gain energy through regular consumption of this kind of milk.
- Befriend vitamins by drinking this milk: Buffalo milk has a rich creamy texture. It can deal with your want for vitamins. Thiamine, vitamin A and vitamin C are present in this milk. It also has a good amount of folate, vitamin B6 and niacin. This milk is rich in vitamin B12, which can prevent you from heart attacks and strokes. Buffalo milk also contains riboflavin.
- It is also rich in protein: Two glasses of buffalo milk each day accounts for 19g of protein. It is known to contain all nine kinds of amino acids. If it is part of your daily diet, your immunity and resistance are being taken care of.
- It will make up for your mineral deficiency: Calcium, potassium, magnesium and phosphorus are some of the minerals this milk contains. It helps to strengthen your bones and teeth thus, protecting you against osteoporosis.
Your diet plays a major role in the health of your heart, so eating healthy should be somewhere on the top of the list for keeping your heart healthy as well. There are numerous heart disorders that occur due to unhealthy food patterns and consumption. Lifestyle factors are the major causes of heart disease, and diet occupies an almost compelling spot when lifestyle factors are taken into consideration. Here is a list of foods that keeps your heart healthy:
Salmon: Omega-3 fatty acids are very important for your heart to function optimally. Fishes such as salmon and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which lower the risk of heart diseases such as arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat) and atherosclerosis (accumulation of plaque in the arterial walls).
Oats: Like oats and milk for breakfast!? Congratulations! You are in luck; oatmeal has soluble fibers which help in lowering bad cholesterol levels. Just make sure that there is no added sugar in your oatmeal, as it will defeat the entire purpose.
Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants that reduce the risks of heart attack and also decrease your blood pressure. So go ahead! Toss some blueberries in your oatmeal to get your daily dose of antioxidants which are such pre-requisites for supreme health.
Dark Chocolate: This will probably bring a smile to your lips. Dark chocolates contain polyphenols, a type of flavonoid, which is very good for your heart. Dark chocolate is known to reduce the risks of strokes and heart attacks. Watch the portion size as no matter what its benefits are, dark chocolates are still rich in calories.
Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits such as lemons and Indian gooseberry are rich in compounds that lower cholesterol levels in the body. Tip – Start your day with a lemon juice and warm water. This betters your metabolism and also keeps your heart in fine shape.
Soy: Lo Behold Vegetarians! (and non-vegetarians as well). Soy is a protein rich food that is so good for your heart. It also contains heart-healthy fats and fibers that help bring down and normalize cholesterol levels.
Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in an antioxidant called ‘lycopene’, which is very effective in getting rid of bad cholesterol. It thus helps in keeping your arteries healthy and reduces the risks of heart attacks.
Nuts: Nuts such as almonds and walnuts are rich in Vitamin E which helps in lowering bad cholesterol in the body. Avoid nuts that come with added salt. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.