Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. MihirshaYour feedback matters!
I want to loose weight. please provide diet chart nd I hv low bp problem so consider in dat please provide diet chart.
After working 10 hours, I feel very much tired so please recommend me anything. That can keep me change.
A good posture makes you stand tall. The right body posture is crucial for a healthy and strong, disease-free body. A correct body posture can help to alleviate all kinds of problems that might arise due to the practice of wrong posture such as chronic neck pain, back pain, and headache among others. Here’s how to avoid some of the common posture blunders:
You may know that sitting for long hours is bad for your health, but sitting hunched over the computer screen is especially harmful for your spine. When you’re in this posture, the chest muscles of your body tighten causing the top of the spinal column to form a C-shape. This can lead to pain in the back, shoulder and neck. To prevent your spine from curving in this manner, you can do the bhujangasana pose to strengthen your back.
2. Forward head
Likewise, sitting in a stooped manner in front of the computer can cause the problem of forward head and associated neck pain. Performing head nods on a daily basis can provide respite from the ache. For this, move your head towards the neck until your chin touches your neck. Hold on to this position for 5 seconds before going back to your original position. Repeat as needed.
3. Rounded shoulders
Intense training of the chest muscles or typing while not sitting straight can cause your shoulders to swivel forward, leading to rounded shoulders. This can prevent your arms from working at their full capacity while running or hamper your breathing ability while performing strenuous activities. One of the ways that you can fix this postural blunder is by doing some stretching exercises to relax your chest muscles.This workout can be easily done anywhere, as all you need is a doorway. Position your arms against one side of the doorway with your elbows bent at 90 degrees. Then, stretch your chest and shoulder muscles by placing your foot through the doorway. Hold the posture for about 30 seconds Whether your postural problem is mild or severe, it can affect your overall health and performance.
Wrong posture can cause you to experience skeletal system disorders such as kyphosis (outward curving of the spine) or lordosis (inward curving of the spine). If not corrected in time, the wrong body posture can also impact your self-confidence.
The natural fat content in ragi is lower than all other cereals. Also, this fat is in its unsaturated form. Thus, substituting it for wheat and rice is a good choice for people trying to lose weight. It also contains an amino acid called tryptophan which reduces appetite.
Brown rice is low in energy density.
This means that brown rice can make one feel full while consuming fewer calories. Its water and fiber components make it low in energy density. It will help lose weight as it makes one eat less since it fills one up fast.
Brown rice is rich in fiber.
Fiber aids in good digestion. This translates to regular bowel movement which helps to consistently dispose of what has been eaten. It also optimizes the metabolic function which is beneficial if one is losing weight. Brown rice stabilizes the digestion and prevents constipation, too.
Brown rice helps lose fat.
Being whole grain, brown rice is not stripped off its nutritional components compared to refined grains such as white rice.
PULSES AND LEGUMES :-
A significant number of research studies support claims that soy protein consumption can help lose weight due to its following benefits :
1) Soy protein helps one feel full and satisfied.
2) Soy protein has a low-glycemic index.
3) Soy protein is a complete protein.
Lentils are low on the glycemic index, scoring a 28 on a scale of 100. The glycemic index measures how quickly the body digests carbohydrate-containing foods. Any food that ranks below 55 is considered low-glycemic, or a “slow carb.” Carbohydrates that digest more slowly, like lentils, release glucose into the blood in a steady stream instead of a quick spurt. This keeps the blood sugar levels on an even keel, which means one feels full longer and are less likely to binge on unhealthy foods when trying to lose weight.
Low in calories :
One hard-boiled egg contains 78 calories, making a good addition to meals if the goal is to lose weight. Also, remember that to lose weight, one must burn more calories than one consumes; therefore, following a diet made up primarily of low-calorie foods, including eggs, is a sensible way to achieve this.
Low in Fat :
With about 5 g of fat each, eggs are appropriate for weight loss, as they make it easy to stay within the recommendations, but don’t forget that fat content increases when eggs are fried or scrambled.
Salmon is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Fishes like salmon, contain docosahexaenoic acid, or DHA, and eicosapentaenoic acid, or EPA. Salmon will reduce the amount of triglycerides in the blood and increase the levels of HDL, which are known as “good” cholesterol. HDL works to transport fatty substances out of the body. Increasing the intake of omega-3 fatty acids will correct abnormal blood lipid levels, if used in conjunction with a healthy lifestyle.
RICE BRAN OIL :-
Rice Bran oil contains Gamma Oryzanol and this helps reduce the absorption of cholesterol, and is also high in Omega 6 and vitamin E. Studies have determined that foods high in Omega 6 fatty acid actually help reduce excess body fat. They are also beneficial because they help reduce inflammation.
OLIVE OIL :-
Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), which promote heart health by decreasing “bad” LDL cholesterol without reducing the “good” HDL cholesterol. The invisible healers within this “liquid gold” also work to prevent cancer, inflammation, and may even play a helpful role in diabetes and weight loss. Several other studies indicate that monounsaturated fat enhances the body’s breakdown of stored fat.
NUTS AND OIL SEEDS :-
Almonds are actually low in calories with ten almonds costing one approximately 78 calories. Other than that they’re packed with useful nutrients like Vitamin E, mono-saturated fat (‘good’ fat) and fibre, which is highly satiating and provides bulk to food without adding calories. They are also full of B vitamins and zinc, which helps stop sugar cravings, plus the oleic oil in the nuts cuts hunger very quickly.
Walnuts can form a part of weight management diet as an ounce of walnuts contains 2.5g of omega 3 fats, 4g of protein and 2g of fibre that help provide satiety. Any successful weight management plan must include satiety factor; so walnut is undoubtedly the right food to consider if one is into a weight management program.
OIL SEEDS :-
FLAX SEEDS :-
Flaxseeds is very low in carbohydrates and contains high amount of B vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. This helps one feel full and keeps one from being hungry for longer periods of time.
CHIA SEEDS :-
Chia seeds are rich in fiber and antioxidants, as well as essential minerals like calcium and iron. Chia seeds are also thought to help keep your waistline trim, by sucking up 10–12 times their weight, forming a gel in the stomach that can curb the calorie intake by making one feel full longer. They also slow the digestive process that breaks down carbs and converts them to sugar, which means fewer carbs feeding the fat cells around the midsection.
Research has shown that monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA’s)are more likely to be used as slow burning energy than stored as body fat.
This slow burning energy and the feeling of satiety or satisfied fullness that one gets from eating an avocado is one of the reasons they are known for reducing hunger and appetite.
APPLE CIDAR VINEGAR :-
Apple cider vinegar helps in control of hunger cravings. 1 to 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar should be taken with water right before a meal. This helps to reduce appetite because of a fiber compound found in the vinegar called pectin. This substance mixes with the water and expands in the stomach, which causes appetite to be decreased.
BEST FOODS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Vitamin B is not one vitamin, but is a complex of 8 vitamins, which not only are essential for a good health, but also facilitates smooth functioning of our body. Further, each component of vitamin B aids in specific body function from managing our metabolism to hair health to prevention against migraine.
Vitamin B is a complex of following vitamins B1 (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B3 (Niacin), B5 (Pantothenic acid), B6, B7 (Biotin), B9 (Folate), B12. It is widely present in food sources and a person who eats a well-balanced diet will have the requisite amount of B complex in body.
- Vitamin B1, also known as thiamine, is required for the body to make new cells and so has a significant role in the immune system. It is also known as the anti-stress vitamin as it helps in improving immunity and is required for breakdown of carbohydrates.
- Vitamin B2, chemically known as riboflavin, is essential for red blood cell production and transporting oxygen throughout the body. It also has antioxidant properties and is known to reduce free radicals and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Vitamin B3, also known as niacin, is essential for cholesterol regulation. It promotes the formation of good cholesterol and so is essential for preventing the onset of heart disease. It also known for its anti-acne effects.
- Vitamin B5, pantothenic acid, is essential for fat and carbohydration metabolism. It also is required for the production of hormones including testosterone and cortisol (stress hormones). It is also beneficial for the skin by reducing anti aging effects including reducing brown spots.
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine, has a major role to play in sleep and mood regulation. It produces various neurotransmitters like serotonin, melatonin, and norepinephrine which are essential for emotional well-being. It also has anti-inflammatory properties and is useful in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis.
- Vitamin B7 or biotin is known as the beauty vitamin, as it has major hair, skin and nail benefits. It is also essential for glucose level maintenance. It assumes great importance in pregnancy as it is important for normal growth of the baby.
- Vitamin B9 or folate or folic acid is again very essential in pregnancy as deficiency can lead to neurological defects in the developing baby. It also plays a major role in carrying oxygen to the cells through the RBCs.
- Vitamin B12 or cobalamin is essential to ensure that other vitamins are functioning properly. B12 deficiency leads to anaemia, as it enables the red blood cells to carry oxygen throughout the body. It is mostly present in non-vegetarian foods and supplements are commonly administered in anaemic people. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist and ask a free question.
I am 21 years old, I have work on 12 hours per day, but I can't sleep on 9 pm or 10 pm, but I was sleep daily 12 am or 1 am. So I have need good sleep on night what can I do ?
What are the food to take? In order to gain my weight according to my height and also I want to build my muscles? Please suggest at what time I have to take breakfast lunch, dinner, snacks,
Hi my name is shani Gupta I am 29 years old from yesterday I feel low pressure ,unable to walk suddenly feel to eat some sweets and went at least 6 times bathroom today almost same situation please suggest me what I will do and I wanted to ask there is any yoga that will eliminate in future risk.
Minimal invasive spine surgery possesses numerous benefits over the traditional spine surgery that includes :
- small surgery scar
- less blood loss during the surgery
- quick recovery
- quicker return to work and normal activities
- less postoperative pain
- shorter hospital stay
These are the xray of a patient with l4l5 grade 1 listhesis operated by minimal invasive tlif.
I am 17 years old. My face was full of pimples since 2-3 years. Now it started to decrease in quantity. But the spot marks are still there. Amd the pimples also show up at certain times. Is there any remedy for spot removals and pimples. I once read about using baking soda with water and applying it on the spots. I tried it 3-4 times. Now it seemed to have less. But when I discontinued again the scars came. Is it healthy for skin to ise baking soda/powder. Im also using a radiant gene activator with licorice extract. Please help me if im doing wrong. And suggest remedies.
Ideally, surgical incisions are primarily designed to allow easy access to the desired areas in addition to possibilities of extension, if required. Further, they should be designed to split muscles rather than cut them, with minimal scarring along with the aim of boosting regenerative and healing qualities.
Incisions can be classified under these three groups; Vertical, Transverse and Oblique incisions.
- Vertical incision
1. Midline incision: Almost all abdominal incisions can be performed using this technique. Starting from the midline of the abdomen, it can extend all the way down to the umbilicus.
a) Minimal blood loss
b) Minimal nerve injury
c) Minimal muscle injury
a) Midline scar
2. Paramedian incision: This technique provides more laterality to midline incisions, allowing access to such lateral organs such as spleen, kidney and adrenals.
a) Easy access to lateral structures
b) Closure between incisions in anterior and posterior sheath is more secure
c) Rectus muscle remains undivided
a) More time consuming
b) Difficulty in extension
c) Can result in atrophy of the muscle
3. Mayo-Robson incision: This incision is typically a paramedian incision, but which bend towards the xiphoid process and consequently allows for a larger and wider opening.
- Transverse incision
1. Transverse incision: This type of incision is made just above the umbilicus, and can dissect either one of the rectal muscles.
a) Least amount of pain and damage
b) Muscular segments can be reattached
c) Easier access to upper GI structures
a) Limited lateral access
b) Higher risk of wound infections
2. Subcostal incision: Also referred to as the Kocher subcostal incision, this type of incision starts from the midline and runs parallel to the costal margin. A double Kocher incision is known as a rooftop of Chevron incision and allows for access to the esophagus, kidney, stomach and liver. The Mercedes incision is yet another variant, characterized by a vertical incision from the rooftop incision to form the shape of a Mercedes sign.
a) Heals faster
b) Less risk of post-operative complications
a) Lengthy and time-consuming
- Oblique incisions
They are also known as Thoracoabdominal incisions, these incisions may either be situated in the RUQ or LUQ. They provide entry to the liver, lungs and spleen, as well as to the stomach and esophagus.
- Laparoscopic incision
This technique comprises of tiny cuts in the skin that allow laparoscopic tools and instrument access into the abdominal cavity
Related Tip: "Caring For Your Incision After Surgery?"