Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for SevenHills Healthcare LimitedYour feedback matters!
When you give some of your blood for someone else, it is called blood donation. It usually helps people who have lost quite a bit of blood in accidents or suffer from diseases, such as cancer or hemophilia, etc.
Like all activities related to medical conditions, there are myths related to blood donation too and some of them are:
1. Myth: Because you're a vegetarian, you don't have enough iron in your blood; so your blood isn't useful as donated blood.
Fact: The fact is that vegetarians can donate blood and their blood has enough iron, just as much as non vegetarians.
2. Myth: Infections, such as HIV can be contracted from donating blood.
Fact: This does not have a practical basis except for the fact that using contaminated needles might lead to contraction of the infections. However, usually fresh needles are used; therefore this never happens much.
3. Myth: Your health can deteriorate after you donate blood.
Fact: Your body produces new red blood cells as well as white blood cells after donation; hence your health doesn't deteriorate at all, except in cases where there is no rest taken at all after donation.
4. Myth: If you take medications, you cannot donate blood.
Fact: This is entirely dependent on your physician's advice. In case of some medications, you need to halt them in order to donate blood. In most cases though, taking medications does not prevent you from donating blood.
5. Myth: You will be unable to partake in physical activities after donating blood.
Fact: Heavy lifting should be avoided. Apart from this, donating blood does not stop you from physical activities. You need to rest for a while, but there is nothing about blood donation putting a check on most physical activities.
6.Myth: People with more weight have more blood to donate.
Fact: This is an entirely baseless assumption. Overweight or obese people are often unhealthy, so donating more blood has nothing to do with weight. Hence, obese people do not have more blood in their bodies as compared to their thinner counterparts.
The past couple of days have witnessed trending news in the form of the stunning transformation of Anant Ambani, son of Mukesh Ambani, MD of Reliance Industries Limited. Anant, who had previously been burdened with excessive body weight due to intake of some strong medications, has achieved an unbelievable target of losing 108 Kgs of body weight in just 18 months!
Many people suffer from obesity and many other conditions as an aftereffect of excessive body weight, but don't know how to address the issue to attain a healthy weight. In this regard, the story of Anant is an inspirational lesson for all those who want to lose weight and follow a strict diet plan and exercise regime continuously to achieve their goals. Just like him, now you too can attain a healthy body weight and a fit physique too through the techniques mentioned below:
1. Following an Appropriate Diet Plan - A healthy diet is the key to a good weight loss regime besides the implementation of an effective exercise plan. Anant had opted for a strict low-carb diet without the presence of sugar. This type of diet has a lot of benefits including weight loss in a healthy way. This type of diet requires you to avoid all types of processed food items including breads, soft drinks, cereals, pastas, sweets etc. And increase the intake of foods rich in healthy fats and proteins.
2. Weight and Functional Training - Weight training is known for burning calories and functional training helps in increasing your core stability through exercises like squats, stretches, lunges etc. A combination of these two in your exercise regime will not only help you lose weight, but will also enable you to do it in a healthy way.
3. High-intensity Cardio Exercises - High-intensity cardio exercises are recommended by most gym instructors to people who want to lose weight as they increase your heart rate and consume lesser amount of time to eliminate the extra fat from your body.
4. Yoga - There’s no better way to stay fit and healthy than making yoga a part of your daily lifestyle. This ancient tradition not only tones your muscles and burn calories, but also gives you a healthier life by helping you relax your mind and body both. This was also one of the techniques followed by Anant to reach his destination of a having a healthy body.
We've put together a sample diet plan exclusively for you, which can help you lose weight in a healthy natural way:
Early Morning (6:30 am - 7:00 am) - a glass of warm water + 1/2 lemon juice + pinch of salt; walk for 30 minutes.
Breakfast (8:00am - 9:00 am) - 1 cup milk/tea, with fruit, oats with milk/namkeen oats, veg. Dalia, veg. Upma, veg. Poha, veg. Sandwich, 2 egg whites/1 whole egg and toast.
Mid-Morning (11:30 am) - fruit/sprouts
Lunch (1:00 pm - 2:00 pm) - 2 chapattis with vegetable, salad, dal/curd/idli + sambhar (alternatively, if you want to have 1 bowl rice, have it with 1 katori rajma/kadhi/dal/chhole + salad)
Tea-Time (4:30pm - 5:00pm) - tea/coffee + 2 biscuits/rusks
Evening Snacks (6:00 pm - 6: 30pm) - roasted chana, sprouts, popcorn, veg sandwich, sometimes 4-5 almonds, walnuts, pista, raisins
Dinner (8:00 pm - 8:30 pm) - 1-2 chapattis with vegetable, salad or 1-2 veg sandwiches, or roasted chicken/grilled fish (if non-vegetarian)
Post-Dinner (if required, at 10:00 pm) - 1 cup of milk.
We hope the above suggestions and the sample diet plan will inspire you to embark on a journey of transforming yourself into a healthier and happier person! There's no happiness better than feeling good about yourself!
If your blood sugar has shot to the border level, but not quite high enough to be considered as Diabetes, think of it as a blessing. You are given the opportunity to take corrective measures and prevent the onset of diabetes. The ball is still in your court and you can take the right steps to prevent it from evolving to Type 2 Diabetes.
Here are the best ways to prevent:
- Know where do you stand: Find out your blood sugar levels by getting a blood sugar test done. Being older than 45 with a Body Mass Index above 25, puts you at a greater risk, so get your blood sugar checked. Even more pressing reasons to get checked can be high blood pressure or cholesterol or history of diabetes in the immediate family.
- Eat healthy: Food is medicine and what you feed your body, impacts the most on your overall health. Is your diet full of fast food and highly processed foods? Then, its time to change to a well-balanced diet full of wholesome nutrients. Eat regularly scheduled meals with a wide variety of foods in order to avoid extreme blood sugar spikes.
- Bust the stress: Chronic stress tends to suppress your immune system and lead to grave consequences. Since, stress aggravates your blood sugar levels, practice techniques of Yoga and meditation to drive stress away from your life.
- Move your body: When you are at a greater risk of diabetes it is time to act and avoid a sedentary lifestyle. Regular exercise can help you manage your overall health and boost your energy levels. Also, exercise keeps blood sugar levels from spiking after meals and active muscles will use insulin efficiently. Maintain a good fitness regime with 30 minutes of moderate exercise like walking, jogging, aerobics at least 5 days a week and opt for intensive exercises like cardio, weight training or strength training at least twice a week.
- Get quality sleep: Deprivation of sleep derails metabolism. According to studies, people who clock less than 6 hours of sleep are more likely to see their blood sugar climb up into the pre-diabetes territory. A short sleep for a prolonged time can potentially set the stage for high blood sugar.
- Medication: In most cases, simple lifestyle changes like the above will help to prevent type 2 diabetes. But in special cases, you can visit a doctor and he may prescribe certain drugs to keep the glucose production in check.
Prediabetes is a warning sign and a good wakeup call for you. So, wake up and take the right steps for a better tomorrow. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an endocrinologist.
Please tell me the required diet to increase body weight, build bones and muscles, increase and maintain eye sight.
What should be my weight according to height of 5 feet 10 inch? My weight is 94. How much I should try to loose? And how to loose? What should I do and my diet is medium and not high and heavy.
I am a female. 46 years having hypothyroidism. My height is 5 2 and weight is 66 kgs. I want to reduce my weight by 6 kgs. I have an active lifestyle am working and do yoga 6 days a week. Can you suggest me tips to reduce my weight. Thank you.
Hello doctor My husband had a gone through complete blood test. In that report we came to know their is lack of vitamin C.I wan to know what kind of food he shld take and any diet or precautions.
I am 26 year old girl, my weight is 39 kg, height 5 ft, want to gain weight, Suggest me proper Diet.
I am 25 years old woman. My weight is increase dy by day. Nw I am 80 kgs. And also my arms are too much wide than my body shape so please give me solution.
I am a non vegetarian and my age is 19. Over the last two years I have increased my weight from 60 to 75. I have diagnosed pcos and doctor told me to lose my weight. How should I proceed to do so? Doctor gave me yamini odpl and cobalt f9 for pcos.
Viagra is a very common drug prescribed for treating erectile dysfunction. It works by enhancing the flow of blood to the penis during sexual intercourse to bring about erection. Viagra actually contains the active ingredient Sildenafil Citrate which is a selective inhibitor of Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate (cGMP)-specific phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5).
This drug works efficiently with sexual stimulation. Erectile dysfunction is very common among older men whose sexual function tends to fall after they reach their 50s. But these days even younger men in their 30's and 40's are experiencing an increased incidence of erectile dysfunction.
Doctors can even recommend the drug to both younger and elder men who suffer from erection problems.
Solidification of the arteries, the blood vessels that supply blood to the penis, can occur during the teen years. The problem then develops by the time they reach the age of 20-30 years and more, hindering their ability to get and maintain an erection. Men suffering from diabetes and facing the problem of Erectile dysfunction can be assisted by this drug.
The drug should be ideally taken an hour before the sexual intercourse.
On the other hand, you can also take Viagra half an hour to 4 hours before the sexual intercourse. You don't require having food in order to take the drug. But you need to keep in mind that if you take it after a meal high in fats, it can take a little bit longer for you to experience its effects.
Most importantly, the misuse of Viagra should be avoided. It should be taken only under medical supervision. The drug doesn't have the power to help you ejaculate easily if you suffer from problems related to orgasm or even enhance your sexual appetite. It does not enhance sexual timing, so should not be used to treat premature ejaculation. Men also shouldn't expect the drug to take the erections to unexpected heights.
Word of Caution:
One should never take the drug for recreational purposes. One can end up suffering from minor erectile dysfunction due such abuse. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Way before any form of modern medicine came into existence, people fell sick and resorted to natural remedies to help them get better. So, it should not come as that much of a surprise that things which we give limited value have been prescribed for a very long time by various fields of medicine for their properties, take for example, cumin seeds. Would one normally make the link? Probably not, but then, why not discover a little more as to why this overlooked resource can have such a beneficial impact on the body?
Cumin seeds are often added to food for their aroma, but the fact of the matter is that there is a range of health benefits which they can have on a person. Take, for example, the potential of cumin seeds to help a person in his or her effort to lose weight. While a lot of people go ahead and buy tablets to help speed up their weight loss, cumin seeds represent such a simple and natural supplement! The way they help in the process of weight loss is by virtue of the essential oils which are contained in them. These oils help stimulate the salivary glands near the mouth and this goes a long way in helping in the digestion of the food that is eaten. When cumin seeds are combined with banana, it helps the body in maintaining reasonable energy levels and at the same time improves the quality and rate of digestion, two birds with one stone!
Also, it is not as if the cumin seeds have to be had with some other food item. As a matter of fact, if a person puts in the time to bring some water with a teaspoon of cumin seeds to boiling point and drinks this mix when it has cooled a few times a day. Stomach aches and other digestion related issues will not appear close to as much as normal.
The amazing part of cumin seeds is the fact that they go a long way in the effort to cut fat which has collected around the abdomen. This sort of fat is known to be very hard to get rid of and is widely reputed to be especially bad for health. Black cumin seeds can also help keep away cancer as they have a compound which helps slow the growth of tumours in the body.
For all these benefits, doesn’t it make some good sense to incorporate cumin seeds into one’s diet?