Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Deepal Shukla
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Deepal ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Be it burgers, bagels, muffins, sandwiches or simple toasts, bread has made headway into the diets of a huge portion of the populace. Although a staple diet for many since time immemorial, the consumption of bread has increased extensively in the recent past. But, which type of bread should we intake to incur the best health impacts is a question that bothers many. The general assumption is that the wholegrain variety is the best alternative. However, the barrage of marketing tactics makes it impossible to distinguish the best variety from the others.
There are a whole lot of myths surrounding the best variety of bread and you must choose wisely before settling for one particular type. It is expedient to look beyond the overt appearance or the name of the bread, one needs to be wary of the ingredient before taking a call.
Mostly, white bread is made out of refined flour which is often striped off essential nutrients and fibers. To worsen the situation, white bread is often bleached with certain chemicals to enhance its appearance.
Certain assumptions deem brown bread as the healthier option. Unfortunately, it isn't true always. More often than not, brown bread is simply white bread with artificial coloring added to it or is caramelized. They essentially add no surplus nutritional value.
Similarly, multigrain bread can often mislead the consumers about its health impacts. Unlike whole wheat bread, multigrain breads are usually chemically treated with softened grains. This does not effectively recover the lost nutrients of the bread.
Whole wheat bread has more pronounced health benefits. It contains more wheat germ and fibers in comparison to the more processed varieties of bread. Having evaded the toxic additives, it has relatively healthier effects on our blood sugar levels.
As you realize that the bread that you eat does not necessarily affect your health favorably, wisdom lies in seeking out the least harmful variety. In that context, rye bread or spelt bread contains greater amount of minerals. Besides, bread made from barley, oats and millets have greater mineral content than the commercially hybridized varieties and promote better health.
What to eat and what not to eat is a highly confusing dilemma. We want good taste, we wish to stay fit and we desire to have the never say 'no' attitude! But is our diet good enough to support all of it? Well, the true Indian diet surely is!
Make your daily diet, a healthier one by adding some must haves to it. The Classical Indian diet for good health!
- Black Beans: You ought to begin with that! Though, all sorts of beans are a booster dose for your health, none works better than black beans to boost the mind. Boost your brain power and stay active inside out, all day long! Anthocyanins and antioxidants, which are found in plenty in the black beans, are known to improve brain function.
- Strawberries: They are rich in antioxidants, fiber and vitamin A and C which improve immunity and helps in improving skin texture and overall health.
- Carrots: Sure that calls for being included in the list. Carotenoids are the fat soluble compounds that most orange, red as well as yellow fruits and veggies are spiked with. These compounds have been found to be associated with the reduction of a number of cancerous and timorous cases. They are also known to reduce the severity as well as the risk of conditions which are inflammatory, such as rheumatoid arthritis and asthma.
- Spinach: The greens have never let us down and surely, spinach tops the list. Spinach has folate and plant based Omega-3 in plenty. These help reduce the risk and chances of stroke, heart disease and osteoporosis. Sexual issues related to age are a common problem due to decreased flow of blood to the nether regions. Folate also helps in increasing blood flow to the same, decreasing the risk.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes top the list to good health due to a major reason. Only 2 things that you need to know are - one, the redder the tomato, the better it is. This is because of being richer in lycopene, which is a powerful antioxidant. Second, the tomatoes which have been processed are absolutely as good as the freshly picked ones due to the ease of absorbance of lycopene by the human body. Various conducted studies have shown that a lycopene rich diet decreases the risk of prostate, skin, bladder, lung and stomach cancers. It also reduces the chances of a coronary artery disease.
Bounce away to good health, the Indian way! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Having a healthy brain is equally important as is staying physically fit. Good mental health is absolutely essential. Apart from regular exercises there are certain foods also which can help you to maintain good mental health.
Below mentioned are few foods, essential for having a healthy brain:
- Include Fish in your Diet: If you are a non- vegetarian then include oily fishes like salmon , sardines in your diet. These fishes are replete with omega -3 fatty acids, DHA and EPA. All these are essential for the brain to function efficiently.
- Munch on Nuts: Nuts are rich sources of Vitamin E. Vitamin E can help you prevent your brain from Alzheimer's disease. Nuts are also beneficial for elderly people and can help them combat the problem of memory loss.
- Keep Preparations with Green Leafy Vegetables on your Menu: Vegetables like cabbage; broccoli is abundant in anti-oxidants. Broccoli is also a good supplement for Vitamin K. These help to develop your memory and also keep brain diseases like Alzheimer's, Dementia at bay.
- Have a Sweet Tooth for Blueberries: This fruit is rich in anti oxidants, vitamin C and K. It helps to deal with problems like memory loss, Alzheimer's and Dementia.
- Add Eggs to your Breakfast Menu: Eggs are rich in choline and also protein. It acts as a very good food for developing a healthy brain.
- Get Addicted to Avocadoes: Avocadoes help to tackle problems like hypertension, blood pressure and also help in smooth flowing of blood. They also contain Vitamin K and C which help in memory development.
- Go for Whole Grains: Whole grains like wheat flour, flour, oatmeal provide energy to your brain. They supply glucose and are thus considered to be very good brain foods.
The above mentioned foods are easily available and can help you to develop a healthy brain.
Midnight snack craving is basically a craving for food when you wake up in the middle of the night. Midnight cravings can lead to weight gain if you binge eat on a regular basis. It is important that you accept the situation and take steps to rectify it.
A majority of the foods that you consume are mostly empty calories such as cookies and sugar based food. If you don't control these cravings, then it may lead to tremendous weight gain. Here are a few tips to control your midnight snack craving -
- Eat your Dinner Properly: It is important that you eat a well-balanced dinner that consists of carbohydrates, protein and fats. If you don't eat a proper dinner, then the chances of eating later and subsequent binge eating go up drastically.
- Include Fiber: Add fiber to your diet as fiber helps you in feeling full. Eat fiber rich foods such as beans, lentils and broccoli which promote a feeling of satiety.
- Green Tea: Drink a cup of green tea after eating as it will help you sleep better.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure that you are properly hydrated as it will prevent food cravings. Dehydration may also lead to other health complication such as skin problems.
- Consume Yoghurt: Consume portions of yoghurt as it contains probiotic bacteria that help in keeping your digestive system healthy. It also promotes a feeling of satiety as it contains protein.
- Plan an Activity: Don't immediately go to bed after dinner, instead go for a walk or play with your pet. Make sure that you spend some time after dinner prior to retiring for bed.
- Eat Healthy: If you do have cravings then go for healthy choices such as eating salads and fruits. Focus on foods such as cucumber, jackfruits and apples.
- Protein: Make sure you add protein to your diet as protein helps in muscle building. It also makes you fuller so that you eat less. Include foods such as eggs, chicken and fish to your diet.
- Exercise: Exercise on a regular basis. This increases the secretion of endorphins in your body which improve your wellbeing and promote happiness. It will help you sleep better and reduce your craving to eat unhealthy foods.
Guava is a favourite fruit for many of us, Sprinkle with some salt and red chilly powder and it will just taste amazing isnt it ?
While there are many Health benefits we know of eating the fruit , but did you know even leaves of this sweet fruit has many benefits
Today i will share with you benefits of Guava leaves and also how you can use them in your day to day routine
Gauva leaves help in
1. Improving eyesight
4. Digestive health
5 Heart friendly
7 Lowers Cholestrol
8. Sugar control
9. Skin and hair
Now Let me share how it can help you and how you can include them in your routine.
You need to make a tea using this leaves and include it in your routine to get all its health benefits
Preparing Guava leaves tea
1.Get guava leaves - wash them well
2. In a pan add leaves and water then bring it to boil and simmer for 5 mins
3. Sip on this warm
If this tea is had post meal it can help in lowering sugar rise
After cooling this tea apply it on your scalp and hair., rich in nutrients it aids to stop hair loss and improve quality of hair
Weight loss- According to a research published in Nutrition and Metabolism , Guava leaf tea inhibits several different enzymes that convert carbohydrates in the digestive tract into glucose , potentially slowing its uptake into your blood. Thus promoting rapid weight loss
If you cant find guava leaves the fresh ones dont worry you can order dry guava leaves online.
Hi I'm 28 year old boy and my weight is 50 kg I'm not gaining weight even after Eating enough of food and gymming. Kindly help me with this problem.
Previously when I used to go for walking I used to sweat a lot but after loosing few inches now I don't sweat that much does it mean that my fat percentage has gone down?
The problem with the commercialized ketchup available in all market is that even though they may be addictive, they often contain high-fructose corn syrup, cane sugar, brown rice syrup, cane crystals and tomato concentrates in place of naturally produced tomatoes. As a result, they bring about a host of health problems which propels one to prepare home-made tomato chutney easily with a handful of ingredients.
The simple home-made tomato chutney can also be consumed as ketchup, and it is quite easy to prepare as well. A different recipe that needs garlic, ginger along with some dry red chilies or chili flakes, the recipe is healthy as well. The red chilies add a gentle touch of hotness as well as smokiness which you will feel while cooking. The chutney can be a good option to be used as an accompaniment with snacks or other foods.
Ingredients For The Homemade Tomato Chutney
Qty - 2.5 Kgs of chutney
- Tomatoes - 2.5 Kg
- Garlic - 5 grams
- Ginger - Quarter inch
- Red chilly - 5 to 7 dried deseeded and cut into half
- Raisins - 1/2 cup
- Apple cider vinegar - 1/2 cup
- Rock salt - 1 Tbsp
- Sodium Benzoate - 1 tsp dissolved in warm water
- Stevia - Sugar replacer
Step 1: Rinse the tomatoes and raisins well in water and chop the tomatoes in roughly sliced pieces.
Step 2: Now peel the ginger, garlic and chop them also you will have to cut the chilies in halves and deseed them
Step 3: Take all the chopped tomatoes in a 5 liter pressure cooker and add garlic, ginger, red chilies, vinegar, raisins, salt, and sugar or stevia.
Step 4: Keep the flame low and start mixing them and as the tomatoes start to soften, you should switch off the gas. Allow the mixture to cool down and blend it well into a smooth puree.
Step 5: Strain the mixture into a large saucepan or pot. Your last step is to stir and dissolve the sodium benzoate in a cup of hot water and add it directly to your chutney.
The home-made tomato chutney is ready, refrigerate and use
Why use stevia in place of sugar
Stevia is a natural element which is not just super sweet, but has no calories with a zero glycemic index. It is a great sweetener and is available in the woods of Brazil and Paraguay. You will be surprised to know that the leaves of this plant are about 300 times sweeter than sugar. Consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist in case of any query.