Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for Foods for life by- Deepal ShuklaYour feedback matters!
Doctor, im jamsheer. Im a very lean person. My weight is 54 and height is 168 cm. I have the habit of masturbating myself. I do not know whether the reason of my body status is by the habit. Please give me some suggestions or medicines for to be healthy, and to be some fat body status.
I want a flat tummy and I have alot of sides I want to lose belly fat and sides. What should I eat. I am vegetarian.
Hi, I am here to discuss NLP-Neurolinguistic programming and how it helps in so many things, weight loss being one of them.
every one of us are tired of trying various ways to lose weight, most of us have tried 'N' number of diets, exercise regime, supplements, meal replacers etc to lose weight, but somehow it becomes very difficult for all of us to lose or maintain lost weight, we keep on searching endlessly for a solution which will help us get rid of this problem forever. I have a lot of patients coming to me and telling me, we have tried everything but weight doesn't bulge.
Have you all ever thought - the mind can play a big role in helping us tackle our issues concerning weight, or for that matter anything and everything. Mind and body connection is a vast field and has been studied for years to find a link which can help human race succeed in everything.
Let us first look at what is NLP-stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming, a name that has three most influential components involved in creating human experience neurology, language and programming. The neurological system regulates how our bodies function, language determines how we interface and communicate with other people and our programming determines the kinds of models of the world we create. Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the fundamental dynamics between mind (neuro and language (linguistic) and how their interplay affects our body and behavior (programming).
Now let us discuss how it can help actually weight loss cannot be achieved with NLP but NLP can help you change habits so you can lose weight easily
It can program your mind in a way that- celery can taste like chocolate or running can feel better than going to pub.
It can help in a way- that it can make ice -cream or your favorite food- which you can't keep yourself away from looking unappealing - in such a way that thinking of if may make you feel yuck I don't want that piece of cake or ice-cream or pizza. - Think if we achieve this how it can help us in losing weight.
In the same way, it can help make healthy foods feel and look appealing for example if you don't like salads-with using NLP you will enjoy eating salads. It can also help you enjoy exercise. Change your beliefs about yourself and change your perception of things. I can help changing your bad habits and create good habits- example- waking up early, exercising etc
Isn't it wonderful and magical. Yes, it is and its possible too. One more thing it helps in is helping you see yourself-visualize yourself, thin- think yourself thin.
For the further understanding of NLP you can contact me I am a certified NLP practitioner, Hypnotherapist and Time-line therapy practitioner. For all those who want holistic weight loss along with using NLP can take a look at my profile.
Everyone of us want long, gorgeous hair , dont we? Having good hair depends on many factors such as heredity,maintaining health of your hair and also nutrition. Yes nutrition does play a major role in growing long hair, what is inside is outside.
Let me share with you some of natures bounty which surely will help you accelerate hair growth and make your dream of lusciously long hair true.
- Spinach: Spinach is a great source of iron, vitamin A and C and protein. Iron deficiency is the main cause of hair fall and spinach is not only iron-rich, it also contains sebum which acts as a natural conditioner for hair. It also provides us with omega-3 acid, magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron. These help in maintaining a healthy scalp and lustrous hair.
- Carrots and Sweet Potatoes: Sneak carrots in your diet for those long and lustrous locks. Carrots and sweet potatoes contain beta -carotene that also improves hair growth A deficiency of vitamin A may lead to dry and itchy scalp.
- Eggs and Dairy Products: Milk, yogurt, cheese, eggs etc. are loaded with essential nutrients such as proteins, Vitamin B12, iron, zinc and Omega 6 fatty acids. Dairy products are also a great source of biotin (Vitamin B7) that is known to fight hair loss.
- Oats: Include a big bowl of oats in your morning meal to bid goodbye to hair fall. Oats are rich in fibre, zinc, iron, omega-6 fatty acids and polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) that stimulate hair growth and will make your hair thick and healthy.
- Walnuts: Add walnuts to your diet to prevent hair loss. It is the only known nut to contain biotin, B vitamins (B1, B6 and B9), Vitamin E, plenty of protein and magnesium, all of which strengthen hair cuticles and nourish the scalp
- Lentils: Lentils are loaded with protein, iron, zinc, and biotin. Besides this, lentils are full of folic acid which is necessary for restoring the health of red blood cells that supply skin and scalp with the much-needed oxygen.
- Strawberry: Strawberries contain high levels of silica. Silica is a trace mineral vital for hair strength and hair growth. Other silica rich foods include rice, oats, onion, cabbage, cucumber and cauliflower.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is packed with Vitamin B5 and Vitamin D that are known to promote hair follicle health. Alternatively, you can also use yogurt to make a hair mask every once in a while.
- Foods rich in Vitamin-C: Vitamin C supports the absorption of iron in our body, the deficiency of which may lead to hair loss. Vitamin C is also known for its antioxidant properties which reduces the damage caused by free radicals that may make your hair brittle and weak. Add fruits like oranges, papaya, blueberries, lime and kiwi to your diet. Vitamin C also helps in the production of an essential protein called collagen which strengthens blood vessels that supports the hair shafts.
Try to include all the above foods rich in nutrients in your daily lifestyle, they help in curbing hairfall and improving overall health of your hair.
I .Meal Planning
- Eat smaller , more frequent meals
- Control carbs
- Ensure variety in diet - whole grain foods, fruits and vegetables daily
- Limit fats - 3-4 tsp/day
- Seasoning tips - use salt sparingly, avoid adding sugars.
II.Practical tips to make you meals healthier
Eat lots of fruits and vegetables- Except for few fruits like banana, mango, chickoo, jackfruit and grapes, and vegetables like potatoes,sweet potatoes , yam . ,both fruits and veggies are cornerstone of diabetes,- gives you vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
Eat more whole grains- brown rice, ragi, bajra , jowar,wheat
Use healthy fats and oils- Choose- MUFA's - olive oil, canola oil , less often use PUFA- corn , sesame and safflower oil. Minimise SFA- high fat meat , dairy, coconut,
Choose heart healthy proteins- beans, peas and dals (good source of protein and fibre), Eat fish and shell fish 2-3times/weel, choose skinless, white chicken, nuts in moderation ( almonds , walnuts)
Select low fat dairy products- skim milk and its products like curd, paneer and low fat cheese
III.Healthy breakfast choices
- An egg white omelette with a bran paratha and fruit wedges
- Oats with low fat milk and spirinkling nuts and fruits
- Dalia and veggies upma with a bowl of fresh fruits
- Oats dosa with mint chutney and orange segments
- Ragi porridge with milk/buttermilk and a whole fresh fruits.
IV.Healthy lunch box ideas
- Healthysandwhich - brown bread with veggies no potato, low fat butter and cheese
- Salad warps- mix veg salads in a wheat chapatti
- Spinach and oats paratha,brown rice veggie pulao.
V.Snacking ideas to keep blood glucose in check
- Handful of nuts - 7-8 almonds and walnuts
- Raw veggies
- Vegetable soups
- Fruit bowl
- Cereal chivdabhel
- Wrap- salads,/ rajma with salsa sauce
VI.Choos.e your bevarages wisely
Stay away from, sugary drink, carbonated beverages, tea and coffee with sugar, syrup based drinks.
Choose from - plain water, unsweetened tea and coffee, low fat milk drink, green tea.
Why is Exercise imp-
- Improves blood glucose control
- Improves energy levels.
- Helps to lose weight and maintain body weight
- Helps in preventing Diabetes complication.
- Improves mental health by reducing stress,
- Strengthens bone and muscles
- You can do flexibility exercise like stretching, yoga, Aerobic exercise(brisk walk, dance, swimming, cycling etc), Strength training,.
Exercise should be performed 1-3hrs post meals, avoid workout at bed time to avoid hypoglycemia. (Do remember to hydrate yourself throughout workout)
Before exercise - make sure your sugar levels are normal - between 150mg/dl- 250mg/dl.
We are all awaiting monsoons,the scorching heat is getting on all of us, isnt it. Monsoon is cooling, monsoon is fun but along with that it brings with it lots of diseases, infection and germs. We should take care of our health and our diet during this fun season.
Let me share with you some tricks which will help us sail through monsoons hail and hearty
- Avoid eating outside– Please try to avoid eating out during monsoon , also avoid drinking outside water, there is lot of water logging and atmosphere is full of germs , there is wind blowing which can settle dirt on street foods , plus lot of bees which can cause diseases like cholera, malaria, jaundice etc.
- Eat light– Since the weather is humid , your metabolism becomes a bit sluggish during monsoon , so eat only when you are really hungry, eat light foods, avoid eating fried foods and heavy foods.Have warm beverages like our favourite masala tea :)
- Up your immunity- Have lot of fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables, try to have foods containing lot of Vitamin C like oranges, sweetlimes , lemon juice etc . It will help you build your immunity to fight against host of diseases prevalent during monsoons like viral infection and flu
- Wash the produce- Wash all the fruits and vegetables very well after getting them from market, wash in warm water with salt added to it to kill all the germs, before consuming salads and making vegetables, you can also blanch vegetables.
- Shower helps- If you have gotten wet, or if you had to walk through puddles and water lodging be sure to return home and take a warm shower, this will ensure you donot get any skin disease or infection. Avoid being in AC after getting wet to avoid – cold and flu.
- Keep house clean– Get rid of all the pests , since its very humid the dirt may stick around longer so clean up daily, also check there is no water logding in the house as it can lead to malarial infestation
- Hydrate- Keep yourself hydrated, drink lots of water to clear your systems, try to have water which is boiled and cooled. Also have beverages like green tea ,herb tea, chamoline tea, they are high in antioxidants and help in increasing your metabolism too and increase your immunity.
- Exercise- Please dont forget to exercise during rains, exercise will help you keep fit and increase your metabolism, it will help you feel fresh, yes I understand its difficult to go for our routine morning walks but we can exercise indoor, like doing yoga or zumba or any of your favorite indoor workouts.
- Home Remedies- Have herb water daily during monsoon- Boil water – Add grated ginger 1tsp + 5-6 leaves tulsi+ lemon grass+ cinnamon powder – bring it to boil and strain and drink – It will increase your immunity, make it for the whole family, also will help to increase metabolism and make weight loss easier.
Hope all these tips help you all. Happy monsoons!! Enjoy!.
Ramadan or Ramadan is the holy month for Muslims, where our Muslim friends fast for 30 days from dawn to dusk. During the fasting period, they have nothing to eat as well drink , not even water also.
Fasting during Ramadan can help to make you healthy, but only if it’s followed in a proper manner , if not then it can do more harm than good. After long hours of fasting it is usually a time to feast during iftar, but correct food choices can help you enjoy good foods along with health and vitality.
Let me share few tips with you.
1.Break fast slowly – At Iftar first break your fast with dates. Dates help you to stabilize your blood sugar, they are rich in fiber , which helps for good bowel movements plus are good sources of potassium and magnesium, iron and calcium. Post that hydrate yourself with water. Then start with a warm soup and move on to fruits which are rich in water content like watermelon.Then go on your main meal
2. Make healthy choices- Once your fast is broken – after a warm bowl of soup, salads and fruits , if you are not hungry eat after sometime( the main meal) as eating full stomach can make you feel bloated. Choose whole grains, proteins, good fats and lean meats for your meals. Try to avoid fried foods and sweets.
3. Processed foods- Avoid having , foods high in salt and processed, packaged foods, as this will make you thirsty the next day during fasting period. Also they will lead to unnecessary weight gain.Also have sugary foods not directly after iftar but at a gap of 2-3 hrs post iftar in moderation . Moderation is the key here
4. Balanced meals– Even when on fast try to have a well balanced meal – containing all required nutrients -viz Carbohydrate, proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
5. Caffeine – Avoid coffee and caffeine containing foods as it can act as a diuretic and cause dehydration and make you more thirsty. If you are a habitual coffee drinker , try to avoid it few days before Ramadan so its not difficult for you to stay away from it during fasting and to avoid headaches and irritation
6. Equal division of meals– Even when fasting it is important to have 3 meals and divide them equally. You can have your first meal at iftar, then next few hrs before going to bed and 3rd one at Suhoor, to avoid continuous snacking during non fasting periods.
7. Follow the food plate method– You can follow the food plate method during you non fasting period- Half of your plate should be fruits and vegetables, 1/4 – whole grains (multigrain chapati/brown rice etc) and 1/4 lean meat, pulses and dals. + you can have curd or buttermilk along side.
10. Exercise– Continue light exercise during fasting period too, it helps to keep you active and helps to balance weight too, opt for walking for 45mins or light cardio activity.
I hope all these tips will make your Ramzan happy and healthy, and revitalise your spirit, mind and body. Wish you all a very Happy Ramzan.