Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Chandan M
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Chandan MYour feedback matters!
I feel like my muscle are total weakness. Both leg and hand .is this due to masturbation or neurological problems.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson’s disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
I feel lazy and dizzy all day long. And also feel a kind of weakness in my body. I also want to increase my weight.Please tell.
To whom should consult for nasal throat atmospheric allergy of 4 year old kid with chest congestion .an e n t specialist or child specialist.
We can differentiate between the milk from a cow or a buffalo by looking at its color and thickness. While being different from one another in terms of composition and richness, both cow and buffalo milk possess properties that give them their unique nutritional value and health benefits. Including them in your daily diet can help you to stay fit and strong. Here's a look at what they offer, and which one can be the most appropriate for you:
1. Fat content - It's the fat content of these two milks that instantly make them different from one another. Of the two, buffalo milk has a higher percentage of fat content, which keeps your stomach fuller for a long time. On the other hand, cow's milk is easier to digest due to its low-fat content. When it comes to the fat percentage in buffalo milk, on an average it is two times more than that of cow milk. So, if the average fat content in cow milk is 3-4% that of buffalo milk is about 7-8%.
2. Protein content - Buffalo milk contains more protein in comparison to cow milk, which can make it more difficult to digest. It comes with a protein content that is in the range of 4.2%-4.5% and is 11% higher than that of cow milk.
3. Cholesterol content - Cholesterol levels differ in both the milk, with buffalo milk being significantly lower in cholesterol. While buffalo milk has a cholesterol content of 0.65 mg/g, cow milk records 3.14 mg/g of cholesterol.
4. Water content - Cow milk reports higher water content compared to buffalo milk. This is because it contains fewer solids with about 90% of the milk being composed of water. It's this high water percentage that gives cow milk its hydrating quality.
5. Calorie content - Since buffalo milk comes with more proteins and fat, it has more calories. For every 100ml of buffalo milk, you consume about 100Kcals. On the other hand, cow milk contains about 70 Kcals.
If you're on a diet to lose weight and improve your metabolic processes, cow milk would be the most appropriate option as it is low in fat, protein and calorie content. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight and strengthen weak bones, buffalo milk is what you should have daily.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 48 years old and my weight is 68 kg. My height is 5.3 inches. I do not have any medical problems. I exercise a lot but my weight does not go down. Please advise.
World salt awareness week 20th -26th march 2017
The theme for this year is "salt: the forgotten killer"
So let's see is salt is the spice of life or the hidden culprit.
Sodium is a mineral that occurs naturally in nature as sodium chloride, or common salt.
Since ancient times human beings have been adding salt to their food, at first as a primitive method of preserving it against spoilage, and then as a flavor enhancer. Your body needs a little bit of sodium in order to maintain proper fluid balance, but you can get enough from eating fruits and vegetables.
If a large part of your diet consists of processed and fast foods, you are almost certainly taking in too much salt.
How does body handle sodium.
In the body, sodium is processed by the kidneys. However, when a person eats too much sodium, the kidneys cannot process all of it. The excess sodium ends up in the bloodstream. Because the mineral retains water, the volume of blood in the body increases. As a result, the circulatory system has to work harder to pump the blood. Over time, this added strain on the system can result in heart disease and kidney failure.
According to the harvard school of public health, long-term intake of too much salt can damage the kidneys along with the heart and aorta. Salt intake may also raise blood pressure, which can cause damage to the kidney’s nephrons, which filter wastes.
If you must add salt, use just a pinch sea salt.
Dear sir/mam; What is the best way to get the better figure and health. Would you mind to suggest me the meal plan which helps to put on some weight.
I am male 61. Fasting sugar 109. Pp 187. My weight 85 kg. I am vegetarian. I am getting pain in waist while walking. Please advise.
Can a water (Home) affects our body's natural lubricants. Sometimes I think that drinking a water without proper thrust may decrease our digestion power. Please, help on this.
चलों जानते हैं कि इन गर्मियों में आप अपने खाने के साथ क्या स्पेशल जोड़ सकते हैं जो आपको और आपको परिवार को रखेगा स्वस्थ और सुरक्षित।
आहार विशेषज्ञ (डाइटीशीयन) और और फैमिली डॉक्टर हमेशा हमसे कहते हैं कि अपने खाने में ताजा, स्वादिष्ट और स्वस्थ भोजन को प्रचुर मात्रा में लें।
हम सभी जानते हैं कि हमारे देश में गर्मी का आलम क्या होता है। ऐसी गर्मी में बहुत ही जरूरी है कि आप अपने खानें में मौसम के हिसाब से कुछ बदलाव करें।
इस मौसम में एक हेल्थी डाइट बनाए रखना बहुत आवश्यक है।
इससे आप गर्मी के दिनों में भी फिट और स्वस्थ रह सकते हैं और बासी खाना खाने से भी बचे रहेंगे। यदि हम अच्छा खाना रेगुलर आदत में नहीं लाते तो हमें जंक फूड खाना पड़ता है जो कई बीमारियों का कारण होते है।
गर्मियों के दिनों में हमें अपने खाने में ज्यादा से ज्याद कच्चे फल और सब्जियाँ खानें चाहिए। इससे आपकी मोटापा भी कम होगा वो भी बिना भूखे रहे। खूब खाइये पर अच्छा खाइये।
गर्मियों में स्वस्थ और पौष्टिक भोजन के लिए टिप्स –
फल का सेवन – ताजे फलों का सेवन ज्यादा से ज्यादा करें।
कोशिश करें कि दिन की शुरूआत फल खाके करें और अगर हो सके तो सुबह का नाश्ते में सिर्फ ताजे फल ही खाएं।
फलों में आप तरबूज, नाशपाती, सेब, बेर और अनानास (पाइनएप्पल) ले सकते हैं।
फल का ज्यादा सेवन गर्मियों में आपको निश्चित रूप से स्वस्थ रखेगा।
पानी का ज्यादा सेवन – ज्यादा से ज्यादा पानी पीने से आपके शरीर का गर्मी कुछ हद तक शांत रहती है और आपकी त्वचा भी स्वस्थ रहती है।
गर्मी के दिनों में पानी की कमी बहुत ही जल्दी हो जाती है इसे दूर करने का एक मात्र उपाय पानी का अधिक सेवन ही है।
जितना संभव हो सके उतना पानी पीयें।
गर्मी के दिनों में हर दिन पारा चढ़ता है ऐसे में जरूरी है कि आप ताजा भोजन,ताजे फल और पानी का अधिक से अधिक सेवन करें। इससे आप गरम दिनों में भी स्वस्थ और शांत रहेंगे।
आपको स्वस्थ रखने के लिए प्रकृति के पास बहुत कुछ है यदि आप समझ गए कि क्या, कहाँ और कितना तो ये आपके लिए बहुत ही फायदेमंद होगा।