Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Submit a review for Dt. AmiYour feedback matters!
I want to reduce my belly fat I ate small quantity of food. Still my stomach is look like a fatty, so give some home remedies. I exercise I dnt take junk food and oily food. Pls suggest.
What are key factors to make yourself fit and maintain fitness besides your busy schedule? Please provide plan to follow.
I am 30 years old female having problem of chondromalacia patellae. My knees often pains a lot while climbing stairs or when I walk a lot. Also my elbow joints pain while typing. I have B12 deficiency. Please advise if these are symptoms of osteoporosis.
Most women stay confused with the time of their ovulation. Couples who are sexually healthy and are in their 20s and 30s and are not using any birth control measures have 20% chances of getting pregnant. It is interesting to know that you have a high chance of getting pregnant at the time of ovulation. It is a small window period that comes each month. It is the time when your ovary produces ovum or egg and the egg is open for fertilisation. Even if you are having sex two or three days before ovulation, there is a high possibility of fertilisation. After ovulation is over, the window period gets shut for the next cycle. It is the safe period. Though doctors say that it cannot be considered 100% safe to have unprotected sex during this period, the chances of getting pregnant are considerably lower.
When does ovulation actually start?
It should be remembered that ovulation takes place at the middle of your menstrual cycle. It usually occurs halfway through the cycle. Commonly, the average time period of a cycle is 28 days. But, in some cases, women may have cycles as long as 23 to 35 days.
How will you know that you are ovulating?
- Check your calendar: It is a healthy habit to keep a menstrual calendar. You must maintain the dates for a few months. This will give you an idea as to when you actually ovulate.It is difficult to know the actual time of ovulation if you are having irregular periods.
- Carefully listen to your body: It is a common thing that your body spontaneously sends a memo to you before ovulation starts. You get cramps or feel pain in the lower abdomen before ovulation starts. This pain is called mittelschmerz. It is a reminder of the coming periods.
- Chart your body temperature: Well, you will need to keep a record of your basal body temperature. You can measure it after three to five hours of sleep. Your basal body temperature changes throughout the monthly ovulation cycle. Progesterone hormone is responsible for the increase in body temperature. In the first half of the month, the progesterone levels are low and hence the temperature remains low as compared to the second half of ovulation.
- You can go for saliva test: Your saliva contains the estrogen hormone. Its level changes throughout the cycle. You can also use an ovulation detector kit to know the dates. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My son is 13 years old but very thin only 30 kg. He is in standard 8, help me please how to gain his weight.?
I have a desk job and in the last 2 years, My weight has gone up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs I want to lose weight. Please help.
Hi. From this week I found my left eye itching and just a little pain. But yesterday I got up with it red and puffy and even this morning it is still red.. I got this drop clear eyes maximum redness relief but I am not sure if it is the best for it. I am feeling like something is rolling in it. It is very uncomfortable. What should I do? Thanks for your quick response.
My name is Robin. I am 18 year old. I have 45kg weight. Before 2 years I have 42. Only 3 kg increase it please some suggestions.
Sometimes I feel very week and suddenly all around me looks dark. I feel that I am going to fall down. Why this happens?
My weight is very losing and have tried some medicine but no effect yet I am sure what can else can l do can you please help me with this?
Do Ashwagandha helps in weight gain? Actually my family is suffering from financial problems, that's why now toh it's not possible to eat and have proteins all the time. Suggest me something that, once I can buy it and get good results from that. Plsssss help.
My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. In her 28th week 3d sonography they have seen Amniotic band along left lateral gestational age with placental component obliquely of size 7.5,2.2 cms. (AP). But in her 18 week 2D sonography no such thing was mentioned. Even in her 12 week anamol scan, which was 3D, no such band was observed. Growth and everything is normal. What are future risk to the baby till delivery.
Well I am 49 yes old.I am a diabetic for the past 2yrs. I am quite overweight by now. My weight is 85 kg.I am a pure vegetarian. I don't have any bad habits. I lost my business 2 times. It was a huge loss. Moreover now I don't have any business. I am idle right now. It gives lots of stress. Due to overcome stess I just to escape from stress I eat more. Iam finding it difficult to overcome eating more and quite often. I am very irregular in my exercise routine. How can I get weight correct and increase my health? Because of my weight I am having severe knee pain.How can you help me in this situation?
respected sir, I am a boy of age 23 years. Im 6 feet tall but my weight is 68 kg only. I look too thin and tall I want to gain weight within a quick period of time I want to gain minimum 8 kg mass .I have done my thyroid test and the observed value was 10 then I crosschecked it and the values recorded were 8.23.i also suffer from constipation, hair fall and unfortunately puss cells (wbC's) too come out with urine. So I request ua goodslef to guide me how to gain mass.
I use Lemon water properly with a little bit salt 4 time a day what type of precaution I should follow before I take Lemon water.
My brother doesnt feel hungry. And he doesnt eat much and is very thin. Suggest some hunger increasing tonic.
Hy my name is Mukul Tyagi I want to live physically fit give me some advice contact me my no is 7509822532 so give some advice.
Diabetic Macular Edema (DME) is an accumulation of fluid in the macula(part of the retina that controls our most detailed vision abilities)due to leaking blood vessels. DME develops in eyes wth diabetic retinopathy. Diabetic retinopathy is a disease that damages the blood vessels in the retina, resulting in vision impairment. Left untreated, these blood vessels begin to build up pressure in the eye and leak fluid, causing DME.
DME is associated with:
- Those who have had diabetes for an extended amount of time
- Severe hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Fluid retention
- Hypoalbuminemia (low levels of protein in body fluids)
- Hyperlipidemia (high levels of fats in the blood)
Symptoms: Common symptoms of DME are
- Blurry vision
- Double vision
- Eventually blindness if it goes untreated
Who is at risk of diabetic macular oedema:
About 1 in 3 people with diabetes develop macular Eedema. People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes are at a higher risk of getting diabetic macular oedema. Also other risk factors are:
- Poor control of blood sugars
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol level
- In smokers
How is diabetic macular oedema detected:
Diabetic macular oedema can be detected during regular visits to the doctor. Patients with diabetes should be offered screening tests. Digital photographs of the patients can be taken as they show the early signs of diabetic macular oedema, though changes in vision might not be noticed at this time.
What happens when you attend the medical retina clinic:
When you go for an eye checkup you will undergo a comprehensive examination which includes:
- Visual acuity test: This is a sight test which measures how well you can see the different distances
- Eye pressure test: This test is done to measure the pressure of the eyes and usually drops which numb the eyes are used when this test is conducted
- Dilated eye examination: In this the drops are placed in the eye to dilate the pupils and then the back of the eye is examined.
- Fluorescein angiography: This is a diagnostic test in which an injection of fluorescein dye is given in the hand and then the photographs are taken.
- Optical coherence tomography: This is done to measure the retinal swelling
How to reduce the risks of diabetic macula oedema:
The risk of diabetic macula oedema can be reduced by quitting smoking, and to make sure that blood sugar and cholesterol levels are under control. This is achieved by regularly measuring the cholesterol and blood sugar levels.