Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Zeenut I KaziYour feedback matters!
Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding refers to abnormal vaginal bleeding caused due to an imbalance in hormone levels and hormone signals. The affirmation of such a disorder is attained following the method of elimination. Ruling out factors leading to vaginal bleeding helps confirm the condition of Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding. A proficient medical practitioner or a gynecologist so to say, will check if the bleeding is caused during pregnancy or due to a miscarriage, if there is a bacterial infection in the vagina or uterus and if bleeding is the result of a disease like cancer or a disorder like development of fibroids. When all these doubts are answered in negative, you know you are suffering from anovulatory bleeding; another name for the condition in concern. Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding is also starkly set against incongruities resulting from systemic disorders, inflammation of the skin of your cervix and frequent consumption of oral contraceptives.
What triggers Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding:
Doctors say that Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding could possibly be the effect of your ovaries not releasing an egg. The frenzied interaction of hormone signals might make you bleed very heavily during menstruation. Menstrual blood is likely to contain clots. Also, menstruation in this case could either be premature or delayed.
Clinical ways to examine the presence of this disorder in a woman
- An ultrasound may be used to detect problems in the pelvic region or in the uterus.
- Hysteroscopy gives a detailed and clearer view of the uterus.
- Hormone tests such as thyroid function tests are also useful.
- Some doctors even make use of Pap smear for diagnosis.
- A pregnancy test can identify signs.
- Biopsy is used to check for cancer or precancerous cells.
Commonly observed symptoms:
Some of the symptoms of Dysfunctional Uterine Disorder are the same as that resulting from hormonal issues;
- Hirsutism or excess hair growth on the face, chest and limbs.
- A kind of tenderness felt in and around the vagina.
- Sudden outburst and mood swings.
Other symptoms characteristic of an ovulatory bleeding are:
- Bleeding or spotting from vagina between two consecutive periods.
- Prolonged and disabling periods: Menstruation for some might last for more than eight to ten days.
- The duration between periods keeps altering every month.
- Heavy blood flow during periods and passage of clots could be worrisome.
Dysfunctional Uterine Bladder needs careful medical assistance and prompt treatment. Delaying the process can make you anemic and severely prone to endometrial cancer.
Sir my friend's sister has issued a child by operation 2 month ago I want to know can she eat semolina (suji) discs such as halwa khir etc and what she should not eat means kis kis se usko parhez karna chahiye Mere dost ki bahan ka child issue operation ke dwara hua tha 2 months pahle ab kya wah suji ke halwa ya khir kha sakti hai please sir give me knowledge detail.
I had my iui 15 days ago and was on 10 mg duphaston for the same period. Today I got very faint line in pregnancy test done at home. What does it mean.
Hello doctors, First of all I am 23 years old and my girl is 22 years old. Since from last few days she is not feeling good. For information We have had sex 2 month ago she got her last month period on time and normal i.e of 4 days. Now it 16 days passed to her last period and she says she has leg cramps, earlier the cramps were severe but now its mild according to her. This leg cramp is from last 25 days. She feels weakness too. Last day she vomited only once. We visited a nearby doctor's clinic and the doctor suggested 4 medicines. 1. Hifenac-p 2. Elmocef 200 DT 3. Zetlog 150 4. B complex capsules After taking these medicine on time the pain is now milder. For information she is not having any type of stomach pain neither fever. Doctor suggest to stop eating junk food and drinking chilled water. Now My Question is Is these symptoms are of PREGNANCY? Or something else? And please suggest some leg cramp treatment.
The after effects of any surgery can be harsh on the body. Post knee replacement surgery, one will need to remain in a straight and relaxed position for a long time due to the bed rest prescribed by the orthopaedic specialist. Yet, it is important to carry out some kind of activity after the surgery so as to make the knee strong, firm and ready to be normal again.
Here are a few physiotherapy exercises that can help post knee replacement patients:
- Pumps and Circles: Ankle pumps and circles should be done in sets of ten per direction. This can help in ensuring that the blood circulation and nerve function normalise within no time after the surgery. This action is especially helpful because it affects the heels, calves and leg muscles before reaching the knee. Ensure that you rotate each foot clockwise and the counter clockwise.
- Thigh Squeeze: The thigh squeeze is an excellent want to ensure that you are working the muscles of the legs without putting undue pressure on the knees. This is especially helpful when you have been advised bed rest. This motion involves squeezing and releasing the thighs so that there is some amount of firmness that is being built along with strength and stamina. You can hold the squeeze for five to ten seconds before you relax and try again.
- Heel Slide: The heel slide is a good option for those who are going through bed rest. This exercise ensures that you work your knee in a suitable way as the bending motion gets the knee to get used to being functional again. Due to the posture of the patient, this does not put pressure on the knee. Slowly bring your heel up, stop and then slide it down. Repeat at least ten times for each knee before increasing it to twenty times.
- Kicks: While you are lying down, you can render small kicks into the air. Repeat at least ten times for each leg before increasing it gradually to twenty kicks per leg. This should be done when you are lying flat on your back. This exercise can help in flexing and strengthening your quadriceps. Hold the kick for at least five to ten seconds before you relax and repeat with the other leg.
- Sitting Flex: You can also sit in a chair and flex your knee, holding the leg out in front of you for at least five to ten seconds, before slowly bringing it down and lifting again. This will help in strengthening the thigh and knee to a great extent.
You will need to exercise regularly in order to recover well after a knee replacement procedure.
I did sex with my gf on 16th and her periods suppose to come on 22. But till now periods did not came. Do she have any chance to get pregnant. Pls advise.
Hi, every month I suffered period pain, i'm a 33years old female. Last 4years only I hav a baby that also I take a treatment for PCOD, so I want to know if the PCOD there means every month suffered pain? And if I want pregnant means again i'm going to take a treatment? Kindly answ me.
I am 22 years old and I faced irregular menstrual problem. From last 6 months its ok. And this again repeated first two day no bleeding happened. After now ir will happen. Now ninth day bleeding not stopped at and how many days it takes. I am a software employee so This problem bothers me.
I'm getting spot bleeding. Last month I got my period on 24th. This month I didn't get my period. Im not sexually active n not married. Im a student. Is this because hormonal imbalance? Kindly tell me the reason n treatment.
I am sexually active for last 5 months now my family planing about my marriage so there is possibility to my husband know about that I am not virgin and, is there any medicine to be a virgin again?
I have white colour on left breast and it is differ from other .it any problem in my future? What should I do.
Despite its continual attention to cure when cure is what is needed, ayurveda always emphasises prevention over cure. Ayurveda balances and rejuvenates living organisms, reducing their susceptibility and empowering their immunity to prevent new disease from developing. Ayurveda is more a way of life, a way of learning how to cooperate with nature and live in harmony with her, than it is a medical system. Health in ayurveda means harmony, and there is really no limit to the degree of balance that a sincere harmony seeker can achieve.