Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Hematologists in India. You will find Hematologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Zahid PanchiYour feedback matters!
I am 55 years old. I was prescribed alprax o.25 during 2015. I am now addicted to this. Without alprax I do not get sleep now. But I now find that I do not get erection at all and I am not able to enjoy my sexual life. Please advise me with some proper medical prescription.
I have severe backache and I am unable to sleep properly since 3 days. It increases when I have periods. The pain is just unbearable. Plzz help.
My father has shoulder pain, when the hand goes to upward. So pls tell me medicine to cure for this pain?
I have pain in my legs when I walk for about a kilometre. This happens regularly. So that I cannot walk for a long time.
I am 16 year old boy and I am also a regional athlete. I want to ask that how to boost up my speed and which food should I have to take? Is late night sleeping would effect my running?
Hi Doctor, I am 30 years old. I had a injury on my right knee 15 months back same time I had 1 X-ray snap could not find any issue in it Now after a long time again it is paining sometimes so I did MRI. I found that my ACL got tear is there any therapy treatment or only surgery is the option for it. Anyhow I can Walk Run but while climbing stairs I feel some stiffness. I am not a sportsman my nature of work is on desktop completely. Thanks and Regards.
My husband suffering from heels pain when he stand long time heels pain was start. What should he use to release this pain..
Hello Doctor, My right foot broken 2 times, right now I'm working in hotel and stand there for 16 hours, and I feel pain in my foot. What can I do now?
My brother is 38 years old. He has got hip pain and he has taken traction at cochin for more than 25 days. Now he has got numbness in legs, sometimes leg and neck pain. We consulted a neurologist and he asked to take scan. And physiotherapy and now he says his numbness is okkk but gets neck and leg pain and often feels tired. Why it happens like this? please give a proper solution.
Hi, I am male 29 yrs, I am experiencing hot flush in both my legs for few seconds. And have severe pain in my ankle when I wake up in the morning. I am currently taking ibuprofen 400 mg 3x day please advise.
I fell from bike during accident, no bone break but still arm is paining. Please tell me the solution.
Excessive pain in legs. Thighs.continuous pain which is terrible. Also a kind of swelling near the ankle part. And complete thighs n legs are heavy as compared to upper part. Am just 24 now and it gives me a very wider look in jeans or leggings. Kindly help for pain and wider legs. It really embarrass me.
I am 23 years old. For last 3 days I could not sleep due to muscle pain. Is their any solution for my problem?
I have pain in left leg, the winter is very fast, then it is also very fast pain, pls give the advise for actual treatment, I am very sad from it. Thanks.
Hi I am diabetic since 30 years and my age is 78 I recently found a massive nerve compression on my cervical area c3 to c5. And my shoulder stopped working. And doctors wanted to operate me instantly Now I figured out that shoulder problem is called plexopathy and I think I will recover it in 3 months but my problem's that. What should I do with my nerve compression at c3, c5 and c7. It's only growing since 4 years now and believe me the compression is a lot. Suggest me Should I get it operated and decompressed I am 78 years old with 30 years plus of diabetes. My nerve conduction reports also tell me that my nerves are in bad condition.
I have leg pain in my right leg for last few months. I generally feel pain during night when I come back home. It may be because I use to play Volleyball on daily basis or other. Please suggest me what to do?
People who suffer from arthritis are more likely to experience osteoarthritis symptoms. The intensity of the feeling of knee pain in winter is often linked to barometric pressure. In winter, there is a reduction in the pressure exerted by the air around us. This drop in pressure can cause the tissues around the joints to swell resulting in increased pain. The other possible cause of knee pain in winter can be explained from the influence of heat. Fluid in tissues becomes more viscous during winter. As a result of this increased viscosity, the elasticity of the muscles decreases, resulting in winter aches and pains.
Some scientists believe that the higher pain intensity in winter is to be more of a psychological thing. Seasonal affective disorder is more during winter, and people suffering from mental depression seem to sense more pain during winter as the weather restricts outdoor activities. Improper intake of food also causes knee pain in winter due to undigested material. Even though winter arthritis is uncomfortable, the following tips help to make the joints work better and make you withstand the season easier.
Tips to Manage Joint Pain in Winters
- Physical activity in winter can reduce winter aches and pains and enhance overall health benefits. Low impact activities like aerobics, swimming in a heated pool, weight training, and riding a stationary bicycle can reduce stiffness, increase the blood flow, and support the knees. Thus, winter arthritis can be well managed by doing exercises.
- Diet also plays a vital role. Eating a balanced diet that comprised of low saturated fat, lean proteins, more fiber, and refined carbs helps to improve body functions during the winter. Drinking water throughout the day helps to reduce winter aches and pains. It is essential to consume easily digestible foods like vegetables. Consuming vegetables like carrots and cucumbers that have diuretic properties can help to eliminate waste products from the body.
- Vitamin D deficiency may worsen osteoarthritis. It is necessary to take a supplement vitamin D or ensure to make your diet is vitamin-D rich. Fish oil is a potent source of omega 3 fatty acids. Increase your intake of milk, a rich source of protein and calcium that help to strengthen the bones. Exposing the body to sunlight help to obtain vitamin D.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as aspirin and ibuprofen can be used to reduce inflammation and pain. Injecting a viscous substance can decrease the friction of the bones and ease the condition.
Home Remedies for Knee Pain in Winters
- Wrap the inflamed knees with blanched cabbage leaves. This can cool down inflamed knees. Aloe vera also helps to reduce inflammation.
- Comfrey (symphytum officinale) can act as an anti-inflammatory agent. Create a compress using mashed root or comfrey tea soaked bandages can also be used to reduce inflammation.
- Applying an ice-pack can help to reduce swelling and alleviate winter aches and pains. While applying ice-pack, ensure to cover the entire knee. Applying a bag of frozen peas to the area also works well. While using ice or heat therapy, make sure to do them carefully as over agressive and over doing it, can cause problems.
- Steam therapy also helps to reduce pain in your knees. Soak your knee in a steaming hot water for 15 minutes. Applying hot water bag also can relieve knee pain in winter effectively.
- Winter aches and pains all over the body can be relieved by administrating massage therapy by a professional.
- Avoid applying strain or pressure on your knees. Take adequate amount of rest to reduce pain and swelling.
These are basic guidelines to help you. Contact your doctor for further management.