Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Yoosuf MatcheswalaYour feedback matters!
I AM SUFFERING FROM DEPRESSION AND FEELING LOW. I ALWAYS FEEL INSECURE AND UNABLE TO TAKE DECISION EVEN IN VERY SMALL MATTERS. I AM VERY LAZY TOO AND WAKE VERY LATE AT AROUND 10 AM IN THE MORNING AND KEEP AVOIDING ALL THE TASKS AND GET DEPRESSED WHEN THE ACTUAL DATE OF THE SAID WORKS COME CLOSER. PLEASE ADVICE ME SOME MEDICATION SO THAT I COULD MAKE MY LIFE BETTER. I AM AGED 61 YEARS OLD.
Sir/madam I'm breathing well I hav no breathing problem but my mind is going in that way that im breathing well or not is due to stress or what.
I am a smoker I just use to smoke 4 -5 cigarette from last 5 months know what can do to release from cigarette side effect.
I think I am facing some serious mental problem from last one year. I am not sure about my purpose of life and get distracted very easily. As I have many responsibilities and until I can't figure out what's my aim. I am completely blank now. I should I need to do?
Getting Hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again heightened mal-perception causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Hello, I am a student. I know its a very childish question. I feel I have some memory issues lately. I read and understand things better but when it comes to writing them down I totally forget everything but I guess I remembet them when someone reminds me with its start. Sometimes even a small english word is not recalled by me. I have read and article saying junk food kills your neuron linkage which hampers the memory strenght and I eat junk daily. Not in high amounts but I feel it still can be a cause. What do you think doc? please help.
I am preparing for competitive exam for last 3 years but haven't gained much progress, have developed an escapist attitude, tend to over analyze things and find faults in everything. I want to study and pursue my dream job but I am not able to concentrate, I don't see progress, I am overwhelmed by the cut throat competition and thus waste my whole day, feel depressed and don't feel like doing anything. What should I do?
I am 59 years old, Schizophrenic since 1987. I was put on various drugs since then and got relief. Of late, I am having hallucinations and delusions and hence am prescribed Trinicalm Plus 1-0-1 and Sizopin 50 mg 0-0-1. There is relief. But Trifluoperazine is causing me mild itching. My Psychiatrist has told me that this drug is also an anti-histamine and hence itching might be due to something else, but to take cetrizine, if only itching persists. I am taking cetrizine 10 mg 1-0-0, since a week and there is no itching. My question is whether to continue cetrizine as long as I am on Trifluoperazine or just stop after taking for a week? Also confirm whether cetrizine has got any side effects or is it habit forming? KIndly be specific in answers.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Sir I am doing smoking is their any way to quet smoking please tell me sir. And also I have abdominal problem give me ans plz.
I am a smoker from many years for now. I smoke as much as 20 cigarettes per day depending on my stress. I want to quit smoking but I'm unable to do so. I am scared that if this continues then my future is in a big danger. Do I have any remedies to control then quit. When am on phone I'll smoke a lot.
i'm 18 years old. I had done over masturbation. I wish to cure from side-effects such as back pain and head pain. Im so depressed please Help me .i want to cure from it. Can you suggest any medicine. To cure.
I am 21 years old male. I am suffering from stammering. This hurt me too much when I sit in friends group, talk to a person. Kindly tell me sir what should I do.
Having a mental problem can be very frightening and distressing. Person suffering from any kind of mental disorder may have a feeling that they are losing their mind, causing fear and sense of isolation. It is important to know that having a mental issue doesn't mean that you are going mad. There are various disorders and problems, which may arise relating to mental health. These problems can change the way you think and behave. Therefore, it is important to know what kind of disorder you are suffering from and what could be the reason behind it. The disorders are of different types and have different effects and symptoms.
Here are the different types of mental health problems:
- Anxiety disorders: People suffering from anxiety disorders are fearful while responding to certain objects and scenarios. Physical signs of panic and anxiety are present as well, which may include rapid sweating and rapid heartbeat. Treatment is required when a person cannot control his response and when his response is inappropriate. Anxiety disorder involves a general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder and phobia.
- Mood disorders: These kinds of disorders are also known as affective disorders and the patients feel persistent feelings of depression and several periods of intense joy in a fluctuating manner. Depression, bipolar disorder and cyclothymic disorder are some common types of mood disorders.
- Psychotic disorders: In this kind of disorder, a patient experiences distorted awareness and thinking. Hallucinations or perceptions of unreal images or sounds and delusions are common symptoms of psychotic disorders. The most common psychotic disorder is schizophrenia.
- Eating disorders: Eating disorder incorporates extreme emotions, attitudes and abnormal behavior regarding food and weight. Common eating disorders include bulimia, anorexia nervosa and binge eating.
- Impulse control disorders: People with this kind of disorder usually work upon their impulse in an extreme way and cannot resist their impulse to carry out tasks, which may cause harm to them or to others. They include pyromania, kleptomania and compulsive gambling. Such people are likely to get addicted to drugs and alcohol and become deeply engrossed in these practices.
- Personality disorders: People affected by personality disorders possess extreme, inflexible traits in their personality, which cause distress to them and may cause problems in work, school and in social relationships. A person's thinking patterns and behavior change significantly from what is accepted by the society. Examples of personality disorders are antisocial personality disorder, paranoia and obsessive compulsive personality disorder.
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: People suffering from obsessive compulsive disorder or OCD suffer from constant fearful thoughts, which may affect the smooth functioning of everyday life. The patient gets obsessed with thoughts and performs some rituals, which are called compulsions.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Post-traumatic stress disorder or PTSD is a condition, which develops after a person has experienced or witnessed a traumatic event and cannot get over the thoughts of that event. Long lasting fearful thoughts are experienced in the event and the patient may become numb emotionally.
There are many forms of mental health problems and mental illnesses. They all have different effects on the mind and some are quite serious. Effective treatment should be taken in case of mental-health problems.