Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vivek ChaurasiaYour feedback matters!
Good quality of sleep decreases heart rate and blood pressure thus decreasing work of heart lack of sleep keeps the heart rate and blood pressure elevated.both are linked to increased incidence of heart disease. Lack of sleep increases insulin resistance and the risk of type 2 diabetes Mellitus and also increases C-reactive protein a protein associated with inflammation.
Both diabetes and C-reactive protein are associated with higher incidence of coronary artery disease.
Hello I am a 26 year old male I get tired real quick and y heart starts beating on a very high rate even if I make a sudden quick movement. I do smoke cigarettes about 5 sticks daily.
My mom is 62years old and she has diabetic disease for past 16 years and she lost tooth one by one without any pain. Tooth automatically popped out two months once approximately and now she doesn't have single tooth. Doctors said it's due to diabetes. 3months back she had a sudden pain in the chest which lasted for few mins after then she was having few troubles like breathing difficulty and sweating frequently but no chest pain. When we checked with doctor, after seeing ECG, there was a mild heart attack and could be a artery block. So he was not sure about it but he prescribed some medicines and suggested us to go for treadmill test or angiogram test to confirm blockage. My mom took the medicines regularly and now she is active and no above mentioned symptoms at all. Should we just give her healthy food without oil, sugar, high cholesterol food? Will the artery blockage be relieved automatically since there is no symptoms further? Kindly suggest me.
Can we reduce or cure permanently high bp through ayurveda medicine, my bp is 145/95 and I am taking pills for nearly 3 years to control this blood pressure. Please help me. Thanks.
Meri mummy ko low blood pressure ki problem hai. mujhe kya krna chahiye unka blood pressure normal rakhne k liye.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.