Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons in India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinod VijYour feedback matters!
I have a oily skin suggest some opinions so that my skin get more better? Due to this sometime I got bad impression.
I have lot of falling hair. I have use many hair oils but that did not stop the shedding of hair. What should I do please help me
Hello doctor I'm suffering from hair fall I have used many hair oils like kesh king but it is of no use please give me some solution.
I am only 21 years old but I am lossing my hair and I am the first in my family to face it. What should I do?
My foreskin is very dry it always slip back my underwear scratches to my glans its very irritating. If I put coconut oil to my inner penile skin wil it get cured?
To maintain natural, clear skin - avoid highly refined foods, sugary foods, soda drinks, fast food, dairy products, peanut oil and sweetbreads.
I have a dark circles so how can I reduce it. I have tried many ways and even medicine but none of them works.
I have black spot as well as pimple on my face. I used scar removal cream for 1 month. But didi not see and change wht should I do.
Have you ever used a new type of skincare product, detergent or come in contact with something, only to have your skin become red and irritated? If your answer is yes, then you have experienced contact dermatitis.
In simple terms, it is a rash caused by allergic reactions or due to skin damage when you come in contact with something. Most of the contact dermatitis is not that severe and can be easily treated.
Causes of Contact Dermatitis
1. Allergic Contact Dermatitis – Your immune system is involved if it is an allergy. After you touch something, your body thinks it's under attack and produces antibodies that release chemicals. This results in itchy rash or inflamed skin. Causes of allergic contact dermatitis:
- Poison Ivy
- Hair Dyes
- Nickel commonly found in jewelry or belt buckles
- Latex rubber
- Citrus fruit
- Perfumes or chemicals in cosmetic or skincare products
- Medications you apply on your skin
2. Irritant Contact Dermatitis - The most common type, that occurs when the skin comes in contact with a toxic substance. This does not involve your immune system or allergies. Instead, you touched something that puts off the surface oils protecting your skin and as a result experience a reaction. Causes of Irritant Contact Dermatitis:
- Pepper Spray
- Battery acid
- Drain Cleaners
Symptoms of Contact Dermatitis
When something is irritating and damaging your skin, you will see a symptom right away. However, with an allergy, it can take one to two days before you see a rash. Symptoms of contact allergy are usually seen in the area where you touched something toxic. These symptoms can often be more painful than itchy.
- Skin redness
- Extreme itching
- Swelling in the eyes, face or groin
- Burning skin
- Dry, cracky or scaly skin
- Sun sensitivity
Treating a Rash at Home
If you know the source of your rash, don’t touch it again. Wash your skin with soap and lukewarm water right away, if possible and you will red rid of any reactions that may occur. Here are some tips you can try at home:
- Don’t scratch your skin
- Apply petroleum jelly to soothe the area
- Try anti-itch creams like hydrocortisone cream or calamine lotion
- For blisters, apply a cold moist compress
- Use moisturizers to restore the protective layer of the skin
- If needed take anti-histamine drugs to help relieve itching
When to See Your Doctor
If the rash does not subside within a couple of days and if it is close to the eyes or mouth or covers a large area of your body, it is best to seek immediate medical attention. Your doctor will prescribe drugs, ointment or other medications to help treat it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Hii I am Rahul from Gujarat. I am of 16 years old and have problem of pimples on face. Hkw to get ride of it?
Lybrate | Dr. Amitava Sarkar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY