Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vinit Kema
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vinit KemaYour feedback matters!
One of my right eye got blur I can not see anything when I close my left eye can you prefer me something what I have to do please.
If we have zika virus does our eyes become red. What should I do if we are having zika. Is this caused by mosquitoes.
Is LASIK surgery successful? Is there any shortcomings? Since my age is right now 23 and I wear spectacles with -1.75 LE & -. 75 RE. Will there be any prob after 40. His much it bears the cost?
I am 17 years old, and a programmer always stick to my computer. I am facing constant headache since 2 months ago. Now reduce the usage of computer but headache is as constant as it was, what can I do?
Why does my hair loss under 25 years. Please tell the solution of this disease. And whats treatment is like for distance sight eyes problems.
My husband aged 33 having headache on &off since 4.5 yrs. During headache, used to take migranil or vasograin. Sometimes pain subsides and at times it won't. But now days not taking any medicines. Usually his headache starts in Saturdays and Sundays. Provoked by sunlight, reading in dim light, any cool drinks, mental or physical exertion. Headache is mild and subsides within few hours at times but mostly it may last for two days disturbing routine, sometimes pain severe too. Getting frequent episodes in summer even in midweek too. Pain felt in right side of head in forehead radiates to occipital felt in eyes also. Tenderness seen behind ears. Few occasion has nausea, no associated giddiness vomiting blurred vision. His mother had headaches in her younger age. We have neither consulted any Dr. nor taken any investigations for this. Now I'm worried if it could be anything serious. Please help.
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.