Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vinit KemaYour feedback matters!
Hello sir/maa'm I need your help. My right eye is burning, watering.& little bit of pain on it. What should I do. please give me suggestions.
I am 20 years, I have been suffering from burning sensation in the eye. Even if I close my eyes it pains. I read a lot and work on computer at times.
I am playing a game on comp or phone since 10 years like 7 or 6 hours in a day and my eyes are very week.I can see far but i cant read anything can you help me ? And should i use glasses ?
I have severe headache from. Last two weeks due to. It also suffer from redness of eyes etching in my eyes can you please suggest me some medicines. For this please.
Your eyes are an important part of your health. There are many things you can do to keep them healthy and make sure you are seeing your best. However, there are a number of myths regarding what you should do and what you shouldn't do when it comes to maintaining good eye health.
Here are 5 of those myths busted:
Myth #1: Reading in dim light and sitting too close to the tv hurts your eyes
Fact: Sitting too close to the tv, you may feel eye strain or get a headache from reading in the dark, but it will not weaken your eyes. It fatigues your eyes but does not harm your eye health in any way.
Myth #2: Eating carrots will improve your vision
Fact: Carrots are rich in vitamin a, a nutrient essential for good vision. But eating carrots will only provide a small amount of vitamin a. To get the optimum amount, you need to include other sources of vitamin a in your diet as well, some of which are milk, cheese, egg yolk and liver. Spinach is best for eye health. It has lutein and zeaxanthin, both of which can help prevent cataracts.
Myth #3: If you wear glasses or contacts for a continuous period, your eyes will weaken
Fact: Your eyes will not grow weaker by using corrective lenses. The prescription may change over time due to aging or absence of disease but it has nothing to do with your current prescription. Some children have correctable eye problems that do require glasses to improve the condition.
Myth #4: When you get something in your eye, rub it out
Fact: This is not true for everything that gets in your eyes. If any particle falls in your eyes dust it off. But if it is sand and small debris that gets in your eye, don't touch it. Use an eye wash for flushing it out. If an object gets stuck in your eye, don't remove it or rub your eye constantly. Visit a doctor at the earliest because some serious injuries may seem minor at first.
Myth #5: Dark sunglasses can protect your eyes from the sun
Fact: The color of sunglasses does not ensure eye protection. Look for sunglasses that block both uva and UVB rays. Exposure to the UV-rays of sunlight can have cumulative effects on your eyes. It increases your risk for cataracts, solar retinitis, and age-related vision loss. Even if your contacts have UV protection, wear sunglasses that block 100% of uva and UVB rays for full protection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I am feeling little pain in my right eye with blurred vision from the morning. There is also itchiness and water is dropping from the eye for some while. Whenever I wake up from sleep the vision becomes more blurry. Can you suggest me something?
I am 35 years old my Eyes remain red & tired mostly in the evening although I do not have any weak sight problem.
Hi team. I am suffering from lower backpain. Earlier I used to suffer from neck pain but now it has been cured a bit but for a year now lower back pain is too much. I do not know what to do. I have seen many doctors, they just prescribed the pain killers which is not a solution. Now I am scared to see a doctor just bcoz of the pain killers. please help me out. I used to be a very flexible and muscular man but now, gone were the days. Hope I will be contacted soon. Thanks
I am 23 years old men & I am having pain in my forehead in last 30 days, Do I have to Check my eyes.
Sir my eyesight is very week. I am use spectacles of number -4.5.How can I improve my eyesight. Suggest me how can I get leave from spectacles. Is that lasik operation is safe.
I have a red eyes for a few days what will I do for clear this disease and some water likiging from my eye and sik occur.
I have glasses of 3 number. But from 3-4 days my eyes get tired after reading an hour. Is it due to increase in heat or what? What should I do to keep my eyes healthy?
I am not able to read the small letters at distance clearly but I am able to read the same some days before clearly.
I have red eyes from 10 days. Also etching is there. And also tears falls sometimes from it. What to do?
When I drink week or any hard drinks my heartbeat going up and my eyes and face became red. And that time I want to go bed. When I wake up there is almost normal. So please sir tell me about this.
Your eyes are one of the most significant of all the sense organs since it allows you to see things around you. It is essential to take good care of your eyes. But, many lack an awareness on ocular care. Read on to know a few lifestyle habits that will help in maintaining a good ocular hygiene thus ensuring normal vision.
Ensure your ocular hygiene with these healthy lifestyle habits
- Balanced diet: Eating right and maintaining a healthy diet does not just go for your overall health but your eye health as well. While carrots are good for your health, eating fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables offer the minerals and nutrients necessary for maintaining healthy eyesight. Dark leafy vegetables such as spinach or kale are especially good for eye health. Moreover, eating fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids such as tuna or salmon is very beneficial for maintaining proper eyesight.
- Right body weight: Body weight is indirectly related to eye health. An individual must maintain proper body weight since being overweight leads to health problems like diabetes and blood pressure. A person with diabetes is at risk of deteriorating eye sight caused by diabetic eye disease or glaucoma. If you have problems with weight maintenance, consult a health expert and seek professional guidance.
- Ocular hygiene: Maintaining ocular hygiene has become very important these days. Due to the level of pollution and germs around us, certain preventive measures need to be taken to prevent eye infections. People who play sports or perform other physical activities should wear protective eyewear. Wear safety goggles while swimming and make sure you wear polycarbonate eye gear if you play sports such as squash. These lenses are 10 times stronger than usual plastic and are available in protective eyewear stores as well as sporting goods stores.
- Quit smoking: Never take up smoking and if you already have then you better quit it as soon as possible. Just like for the rest of your body, smoking is very harmful to your eyesight as well. Research has proven that smoking causes severe macular degeneration, cataract and optic nerve damage in aging people. Over time, this can lead to permanent blindness.
- Protect your eyes: Sunglasses are not just meant for style, they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. While purchasing sunglasses, make sure the ones you purchase block out 99-100% UV-A and UV-B rays. Moreover, it is vital to give your eyes rest. If you work on the computer or watch TV, it is advised to look away from the screen for around 20 seconds in every 20 minute time interval. It is vital to get sufficient sleep as well.
Most of these tips may sound simple, but they are highly effective and can help avoid eye problems completely. And don’t forget to get your routine eye check-up done as well. All that is required is to incorporate these basic lifestyle changes to protect the amazing part of your body, your eyes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.