Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinayak JogYour feedback matters!
I smoke 5 cigarettes a day. I know that it is harmful. I heard that every smoker gets into lungs cancer is that true or it causes to only chain smoker?
I m prostate patient since 2010.Taken flotral D combo for 2 years .After 2 year (since) i m taking floatral 10 plain.One tab faily at night. PleaseTell me.Is it enough to avoid any complication in future?
Mera dost kabhi bhi saraf aur cigrette nahi pita hai. Usko blood cancer kis liye huaa. Aur koi reasons aur solution do plz.
I have been diagnosed with mild prostrate problem since last 2 years back. I had consulted a homeopath and is taking homeopathic medicines since last 2 years. My psa was normal. I am a diabetic as well but my sugar level are under control my hba1c was 6.15, fasting sugar was 90 and pp was 168, the only problem I am facing is that of excessive urination which is atleast once every hour and also inadiquate erection. Please suggest any Ayurveda medicine which can help me in total eradication of these problem ?
Sir, what are main causes of cancer. Is tobacco leads to cancer. Please help me. Give me some advices.
I'm a 17 year old boy. Of late, I have been experiencing pain on my right nipple every time I touch it or there is even the slightest pressure. Also, I can feel a kind of lump behind it. My mom had breast cancer. Should I consult an oncologist or is this normal? I read in a few places that this is normal if it happens on both sides but on my left side I can feel little to nothing. Please reply ASAP. Thank you.
I am a patient of overy cancer. I had done full treatment ie; surgery and chemotherapy. Now my CA 125 is 6.5. please suggest me that what I should do or eat to control it and live a healthy life.
My dad is 82 years old has diabetes and now has diagnose with tongue cancer on the right side of the tongue , we are taking him for radiation from 13 days and giving him l- glutamine in water mutaine gargals and tryptomer now he is acting unconcious day by day and talking anything has pain in the tongue too any suggestions from the docters here and we cant give chemo injection as he has high creatine also
She had cervical cancer but radiation and chemotherapy were given. As well hyperthermia. Cycle of chemo every week once total 5 given. Was around radiation 24 days. Before dat womb bag were removed coz blood discharge was der. At dat moment after removing womb bag cancer detect. Now approx 3 years passed. She is well because of almighty maa. Now want to ask wat is generally life expectancy of that people after treatment. She is taking timely tablet and I keep happy her. Not trying to give tension. Pls help me doctor regarding dis. Type of cancer sumthng magline.
I was suffering from prostatic and uti 8 month ago. I took doxcef, plurofloxacin, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, offloading within 5 month as a result I feel pain throughout my legs. I find difficult to walk. I lost strength in my legs. Is it because of antibiotics I took. Please reply. What should I do.
While you cannot cure breast diseases, family history and maturing, but there are some hazards or risks that you can control. Keeping in mind the fact that there is no certain approach to forestall breast cancer, there are things you can do that may bring down the hazard. Here are five approaches to ensure your breast's well-being:
- Watch your weight: Being overweight or hefty expands breast cancer chances. This is particularly true after menopause and for women who have put on weight as grown-ups. After menopause, the vast majority of your estrogen originates from fat tissue. Having more fat tissue can heighten your chances of getting breast cancer by raising the estrogen levels. Additionally, women who are overweight have a tendency to have more elevated amounts of insulin, than other hormones. Higher insulin levels have been associated with a few tumors, including breast cancer.
- Exercise routinely: Many reviews have found that exercise is the sign of having a healthy breast. Studies show that one to two hours of energetic walking each week, lessened a woman’s cancer risk by eighteen percent. Walking ten hours seven days decreased the hazard all the more.
- Constrain liquor: Women who have two to five mixed beverages every day have a higher danger of breast cancer than women who have just one drink a day or none . As much as three to six glasses of wine seven days have been found to somewhat increase breast cancer chances. It is not clear how or why liquor raises the hazard. In any case, constraining liquor is particularly essential for women who have other hazard variables for breast cancer, like, breast cancer running in their families.
- Restrain time spent sitting: Research has shown that sitting time, regardless of how much exercise you get when you are not sitting, increases the probability of growing cancer, particularly for women. Women who sit six hours or more a day outside of work have a ten percent more serious risk for breast cancer compared to the ladies who sit under three hours a day, and an increased hazard for other cancer types as well.
- Stay away from or confine hormone substitution treatment: Hormone Replacement Treatment (HRT) was utilized frequently in the past to control night sweats, hot flashes, and other troublesome manifestations of menopause. In any case, specialists now realize that postmenopausal ladies who take a blend of estrogen and progestin might probably create breast tumors or cancer. Breast cancer disease seems to come back within five years in the wake of ceasing the blend of hormones. Therefore, get a breast cancer test even if you feel a small lump.
If it bleed for a patient who is suffering from throat cancer, which stage he will be into and what are the chances ?
Please tell me about Radiation/chemotherapy treatment. Is it very painful and has many side effects such as hair loss memory loss vomiting deafness and many more. Is it true ?
I have some problem from fat, so many doctors said that is an lymphoma. But that was an increasing so many places in my body, please tell who will give the best suggestion of my problem.
My mother is 62 years old. She has small tumor on the side of breast. It is not painful tell us what we can do?
Cancer is a fatal health condition which should be avoided at any cost. There are several factors which may lead to different kinds of cancer and prevention is the only way to stay safe. By making some lifestyle changes and altering habits, cancer can be prevented. Here is what all you can do to keep this life-threatening disease at bay:
Stop using tobacco: Using tobacco in any form may increase the chance of cancer in a person. Smoking leads to different types of cancer, such as lung, mouth, throat, pancreas, kidney, and bladder cancer. Chewing tobacco also may lead to oral and pancreatic cancer. Even passive smoking can cause cancer. Hence, try to avoid tobacco at any cost.
A healthy diet: Including several food items in your daily diet will reduce the chance of cancer. You should consume a lot fresh fruits and vegetables and your diet should also include beans and grains. You should eat light and avoid high-calorie food in order to prevent obesity. Alcohol should be consumed in moderation as alcohol leads to several types of cancer. You should lessen meat consumption too.
Maintaining a healthy weight and staying physically active: If you maintain a healthy weight, the risks of various cancers such as breast, prostate and lung cancer are reduced. And physical activity is a must to maintain the right weight and fitness. Physical activity provides several health benefits and prevents cancer. Both moderate and rigorous physical workouts are essential.
Protection from the sun: Skin cancer is caused due to overexposure to the sun and its harmful rays. In order to prevent skin cancer, you should avoid going out in the midday sun, the rays of which are very strong. Try to be in the shade while outside and wear loose fitting, light clothes. Cover all exposed areas of the skin, and do not apply excessive sunscreen on your skin.
Immunization: For preventing cancer, you should stay away from several viral infections. For this, you require immunization against a number of infections. Hepatitis B increases the risk of liver cancer and the hepatitis B vaccine can be taken by adults for prevention and by those who undergo risky sexual activities. HPV or the human papillomavirus, a sexually transmitted virus, leads to several cancers such as cervical and genital cancer. The HPV vaccine should be taken in order to prevent such cancers.
Adopt good habits, maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle and take the right vaccines to keep cancer away. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.