Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vilas DhanuYour feedback matters!
Sir I had dark spots /circles in below the my eyes n I had shown to a local doctor but I didn't get the satisfaction result sir please tell me the main reasons why it occurs n precautions.
My face skin got tanned due to excessive exposure to sun during my high school in hyderabad, before that my skin was quite fair but now all I got is tanned face skin. I have also tried numerous face washs but all in vain. Help me out.
A breast lump is an enlargement, swell, protuberance or a bump that is different than the breast tissue surrounding it. Breast lumps can appear in men as well as women and they can be benign or malignant. Causes of benign breast lumps are as follows:
- Fibroadenosis: Also known as Fibro-cystic breast disease, it is a benign condition that affects the breast. It may affect either of the breasts or both. One of the major symptoms of Fibroadenosis is a breast lump. Usually, the lumpiness disappears after the menstrual cycle is over. Fibroadenosis occurs because the breast tissue doesn’t respond well to the hormonal changes during the menstrual cycle.
- Fibroadenomas: Fibroadenomas occur because of abnormal response to the hormone oestrogen. The lumps are usually well formed and round, around the milk ducts of the breast. Breast lumps due to Fibroadenomas are called breast mice, because they move around the breast. In some cases, they disappear and in some, they tend enlarge during pregnancy.
Other benign causes of breast lumps are breast abscesses, breast cysts, lipoma (lump of fat), mastitis (infection in the breast tissues), fat necrosis (another name for breast lumps) and intraductal papilloma (benign tumour of the milk ducts in the breast). A breast lump that is firm, well defined and doesn’t move around, i.e. it doesn’t disappear after your period or pregnancy, may be a result of breast cancer.
Treatment of breast lumps
The treatment of a breast lump depends on its cause. Benign breast lumps usually disappear over time. Otherwise following treatments can be considered as per the doctor’s discretion-
- Medication: If the breast lumps are painful or increase over time, it is advisable to take medication.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) and other painkillers like paracetamol
- Danazol, Tamoxifen or Bromocriptine are administered to treat breast pain as well
- Antibiotics which are administered to cure breast abscesses that are caused due bacterial infections
- Limiting the amount of fat in the diet or wearing well fitting bras also reduces the amount of pain due to breast lumps.
- Certain types of breast lumps are filled with fluid or pus. This fluid can be drained through a procedure called aspiration or drainage.
- A radical way to treat a breast lump is surgery. Many a times, these lumps get bigger and painful and the most effective way to deal with it is to remove it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Hello doctor, I started drinking carrot juice from nearly 4 months, my skin colour changed to a maximum, but even now I'm drinking the same, my skin color came to actual color, could you please tell me the reason?
I am 26 years old, my eyebrow hairs are thinning, my skin is getting dry day by day. I am very scared to visit doctor, can you suggest me any treatment.
I want to tell about my lips. My lips color now is in blackish. I never smoke. I'm worry about this. I want my lip color as before its red. please help me about this.
Hi sir I am 21 years old I have done cyst operation 8 days back on my right scrotum so my doubt is that in future will become problematic after marriage for having sex.
I have got red colored rash on my upper part of body i.e chest, armpits Its been itchy so much, currently bit out if station. If someone can prescribe me some medicine for it.
I am 72 years old. Have dry skin but do use lots of oils & creams. My face is still dry and scratchy! what do I do?
I am suffering from skin problems on my face pimples are leaving dark marks I want to know how can I get fair skin.
I have lot of acne marks on my face. Due to which my face looks too dull. Please give me advice how it will heal soon.
Hi I am female 25 years old. Daily I am doing job in night shift I am getting black circles and bags under eye. How to remove that problem please suggest me. How to maintain healthy skin while doing night shift. Thanks.
1. Iced green tea
How to use
Take a glass of warm water and steep a green tea bag into it. Remove the tea bag and pour the contents into the tray. Place the tray into freezer and allow it to form ice cubes take one ice-cube and rub all over the face. Just note before rubbing the ice cubes steam your face so that the pores get open and the goodness of green tea enter the pores. Do it twice a day in the morning when you get up and before going to sleep.
Green tea contains a high amount of antioxidants that fight free radicals that damages your skin. It has antiseptic properties that killed germs that causes acne and pimples and keep your skin beautiful and healthy.
2. Baking soda and lemon juice mask
How to use
Take a bowl add 2 tablespoon of baking soda and add 1/4 cup of lemon juice to it. Mix it properly to make a thick paste. Apply the paste to the affected area. Let it dry for 5 -10 minutes. Once it dries take some water on your hand and slowly scrub the affected area on your face. Wash your face using luke warm water and pat dry. If your face becomes too dry then apply some antiseptic lotion or moisturiser.
Baking soda helps to keep the skin pores clean by removing bacteria and excess oil that causes pimples. Lemon acts as a natural bleach that lightens the skin and remove dark spots. It helps to remove the dead skin and gives a fairer complexion.