Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 17 years old. I have weak eyesight from 5-6 years. Same with my dad form his childhood and with my brothers also. What should we do?
I have shortsightedness for 6 months. Can you help me for care. I wear a diverging lens. It power is - 2.5. How l can see without diverging lens.
I am 19 I have Duster Raja since my childhood and now at present always my eyes are red in colour so in order to reduce that can you please tell me the remedies and also precautions.
I was not getting stool for many days and now I got cold and now I got headache and have running nose and eyes are burning and now I feel I'm getting fever the running nose is like watery.
I have red eyes for three days. What should I do? I went to so many hospitals. I consulted too many doctors.
I am 19 year old male and I am suffering from conjunctivitis. How it can be cured fastly? Please help me.
Hello sir, I am taking glaucoma medication from last 3 years. I am 30yr old. My doctor says I need to take medicine for life long. Is there any alternative, if no then I am thinking of trying ayurvedic, please advise.
After siting in front of laptop for 1 an hour. Automatically some pain occurs in eye. What can I do.
Hi im working in a BPO so will on work when I site in front of computer my eyes get lot of pain so please help me out of this.
All the time I keep yawning, my eyes start filling up with tears. What should be the possible reason? Or is that a common phenomenon?
I am having red eyes for past 4 days its like something there in the eyes and I am forced to rub which makes the eyes more reddish. What should I do?
When I watch movies water fall from my eyes and problem to visible well. Is this due to my lens problem.
Sir I have colourblindness so I can not see red and green but I want become an SI so please tell me treatment for colorblind.
Hi Doctor, I hav longsite and my eye power is -2.00 on both eye I wear both contact lens and specs.Is it advisble to go for Lasik treat .Please advice.I am getting mixed comments if I go our lasik il hav dry eye.So please advise on this
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.