Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram MehtaYour feedback matters!
Hello! I'm 17 years old, and I have been wearing contacts for more than 5 years (I have astigmatism. I don't wear any glasses (just dailies), but I have noticed small blood vessels in my eye. It's not to the point where I look" stoned" but it bothers me and I don't want it to get worst. I act and model and don't want anything to get out of hand. What should I do? Thanks!:)
Today I am playing cricket, a ball hit my face near eye. My eye becomes red. I wash my face in water. What shall I do?
I am 18 years old and I eant to ask that my eyesight is to weak what should I do to increase my eyesight.
I am having itching in my eyes. Is there a domestic remedy which I can use to suppress or cure it? The irritation is persistent when I am in prolonged exposure with dust and smoke. Y.
I got my c3r done in my both eyes (right in august & left in nov, I feel like rubbing my eyes so much, I usually rub them but not too much. Will it affect my c3r operation. If I continue my rubbing will my keratoconus get worse? Also how long would it take for my power to stabilise?
My 5-year-old daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long-term? I heard that using it for years might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true? Are there any vitamins or supplements to help vision?
I am having problem in my eyes. My eyes are getting itch. I will be Very thankful you to give some medicine advice.
LASIK stands for Laser In-situ Keratomileusis. This is a common eye surgery that helps in correcting vision problems. During this procedure, the cornea of the eye is cut across by a medical expert to raise the tissues and reshape them to correct vision. LASIK is suitable for patients who have shortsightedness, long sightedness or who suffer from astigmatism.
Here are the 5 benefits that a LASIK surgery offers:
1. Improved vision - A study reveals that 95% of the people who underwent this surgery achieved uncorrected visual acuity of 20/40 and 85% of the people achieved 20/20 vision. This procedure ensures that a patient achieves enhanced vision.
2. Quick results and recovery - This surgery enables you to return to your normal schedule immediately the day after the surgery. You can have clear and improved vision within a day.
3. Long- lasting outcomes - A minimum timeframe of 3 months is required for the eyes to adjust, after which LASIK results are permanently noticeable in a patient. No follow up procedures are required unless something wrong went with the surgery. The patient will continue to have improved vision unless there is any normal loss due to illness or aging.
4. No need of glasses - You no longer require glasses as your vision turns to normal post-LASIK surgery.
5. Goodbye contact lenses - LASIK surgery will help eliminate the need for contacts. You will be able to avoid all the problems pertaining to wearing a contact lens, including lens solution.