Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am squint problem in my right eye because of which I feel very uncomfortable. I had treatment with a eye specialist where he made me to do exercise for 15 days of 1 hr daily and I felt improvement but now again the se problem has arisen. Please suggest me the permanent treatment and the cost of it. Thank you.
I have a saviour headache and eye pains when I rotating my eyes that pain is very paining to my eyes when I rotate my eyes so what I do? This starts from 3 days back.
I am 20 years old. I am suffering from convergent defect in eyes from one year. I wnt to know which treatment is suitable for this defect.
I sometimes have a severe headache along with nausea and tendency to vomit .Moreover my eyesight gets unclear. Should I consult a neurologist or can it also be because of eyesight?
Sir my head is her pain at evening time So please tell me best solution And when my head do pain then my eyes very red.
I am diabetic from last 6 months and recently diagnosed with Thyroid problem where t3 and t4 values were high but TSH was extremely low i. E 0.01, my weight has reduced from 85 to 72. My body just look so weak. Everybody is office is noticing that I am just remain half of what I was. My biceps just looks like a kid who is just school boy. It's just 25 age. I am very tensed with it. Restricted to a few options to eat. Mental strength is going Down. As well as physical. On playing for just 20 min, my legs start shaking as if I am 70 years old. What to do? How to Deal with these problems. My eye has also got weaker by -1 number From -2.5 to -3.5 for both eyes. I am software developer. Should I quit job and do something else? PLEASE ANSWER ALL MY CONCERNS.
Also known as short-sightedness, myopia is an eye disorder, which disables a person from seeing things clearly from a distance. Myopia impedes one's capability to see distant objects vividly and induces a general sense of blurriness. One of the most common cure for myopic conditions is the constant exposure to concave lenses, which stabilizes the curvature of the refracting surface of the eye, thus improving one's sight. Hence spectacles or contact lenses become the constant companion to a myopic individual. Myopia is often accompanied by sustained headaches and chronic colds.
In fact, under certain circumstances, myopia gets aggravated progressively, which often jeopardizes the health of the eye immensely. In the contemporary situation, where we are persistently exposed to gadgets of all sorts, maintaining the health of our eye becomes a cumbersome task. Periodic monitoring by ophthalmologists is a recommended method.
However, Ayurveda offers some easy and home-based formulae to alleviate the symptoms of myopia:
- Yashti Madhu: A teaspoonful of Yashti Madhu mixed with ghee and honey can prove beneficial to healing myopic conditions.
- Saptamrita Lauha: This medicine comprises of constituents endowed with medicinal properties like triphala, yashtimadhu, lauha bhasma, ghee and honey. It benefits the nervous activities, thereby soothing myopic troubles. It reaps better results when consumed with milk.
- Diet: Myopia is often worsened by a deficiency of vitamins in the body. Therefore increasing the supply of vitamin rich food, enhances the immunity of the body and reduces the strain on the eye caused by myopia. Some of the food items that are replete with vitamins are carrots, green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, nuts and berries. Fish is also a very effective source of vitamins and is proven to be helpful to the eye.
- Netra Tarpan: Eye drops have often been effective cure to myopia. Netra Tarpan is an ayurvedic eye drop imbued with healing properties which not only tranquilizes the irritation in the eye, but also improves the vision.
- Lifestyle changes: Executing certain lifestyle changes can result in significant improvement in one's eyesight. Yoga and meditation are known to usher explicit health benefits. Regular sleep is also a prerequisite for curing myopia.