Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Vikram MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from Viral keratitis in cornea from last 1 yr and 7 months. Earlier Doctors were giving Pred forte, cyclomune and Genteel eyedrops in tapering doses. LaterI changed the doctor who is now giving Lotepred and sustain ultra and cyclomune. It reoccurs after a gap of 1 month after stopping eyedrops. What is the line of treatment.
How to improve my eyesight since I am not able to study for more than 2 hours continuously. Doing so I feel as I am not able to see clearly. What should I do?
Why is that it is said that if you look in a person's eye having sore eyes yu will get sour eyes too?
I'm thinking to go for last treatment. I have -3 powers of both eyes. Is there any side effects from this treatment?
My hearing and eyesight have become weak. And I am stiffness in neck and back. Could this be due to weak nervous system. Which tests need to be done.
My eyesight is normal but I always feel itching and uncomfort in my eyes. I even couldn't fully open my eyes and If I do then tears comes out of it.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
I have eye & head ache problems. When I read more times and watching tv my head se aching and my eyes aur full of water. This is about 4-5 months . Please help me.
I am a 52 years old male with both diabetic parents. My fasting BS is between 85-100 and PP 110-120. I go for 30 mins walk in the morning and do 10 mins free hands exercise and pranayama as well. I have a 8 hr desk job with computers. Myopic. Using specs for past 35 yrs. For past 2 yrs, the IOP is in the range 18-22. String-pulling like pain in the eyes, mostly the right one. Pl. Advise.
Hello sir mujhe cough ki problem hai from 3 month and eyes bhi thodi pain hoti hai please suggest me.
Could you please sugest me some medicine. I m facing some floater problem in my both eyes. I see Some tiny hair like structures hanging around.
Hi, my husband is 37 years. His upper eyelid got swollen a month back. Now only it got reduced. But still could find something like a pimple there. Is it anything serious? I tried applying (naamakatti - in tamil). It is white in color and looks like chalk piece. How can we get rid of it. And one more thing, he has dandruff which recurrs the next dayeven after trying neem/lemon shampoo.
Computers, while wonderful, routinely stress your eyes. A name actually exists for this eyestrain—computer vision syndrome (CVS), and it’s often the No. 1 office health complaint.
You may have suffered from CVS symptoms after a long day at the ’puter yourself: fatigue, headache, dry eye, pain around the eyes, and trouble maintaining your focus. Your eyes are used to seeing sharp, well-defined details and contrasts, but computer screens flash soft images, which your eyes constantly try to put in better focus. Making a few minor adjustments to your screen time, however, can help you avoid CVS.
1. Use proper lighting. When on the computer, your ambient lighting should be about one-half that used in most offices. Bright ambient light causes glare. Reduce it by closing drapes, shades, or blinds and using lower-intensity bulbs. Also, try to position your monitor so the windows are to the sides of the monitor instead of in front or back of it.
2. Cut glare further. Install an antiglare screen, paint bright white walls a darker color with a matte finish, or use a computer hood.
3. Adjust the monitor. Position it 20 to 30 inches from your eyes or about an arm’s length away. The top should be at or below eye level.
4. Increase the font. If you constantly lean forward to read small type, switch to a larger font size, or zoom in to increase the page size.
5. Blink, blink, and blink. You blink about five times less than normal when on the computer, according to optometrist Larry K. Wan, OD, with the Family EyeCare Center in Campbell, California. This can trigger dry eyes. To keep your eyes well-lubricated, try this: Every 30 minutes, blink 10 times by closing your eyes very slowly as if falling asleep.
6. Take 10. Make sure to take a 10-minute break each hour. And every 30 minutes, do this exercise: Look away from the screen, and focus on a distant object for about five to 10 seconds. Or look far away at an object for 10 to 15 seconds and then nearby for 10 to 15 seconds. Go back and forth 10 times.
7. Do an eye meditation. Rub your palms quickly together until they feel warm. Cup them over your closed eyes. Feel the heat emanating from your palms, but don’t touch your eyelids. “You want complete blackness, and it takes about six minutes to get rid of any afterimages,” says Meir Schneider, PhD, LMT, of the School of Self-Healing in San Francisco. Sit quietly in this position, and slow your breathing to a steady rise and fall. This deep relaxation helps to soothe both eyes and body. Do this at least three times a day or whenever you need a quick eye break.