Find numerous ENT Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas K AgrawalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with a throat infection mainly all time have a sputum in this region what can I do sir. Deepak verma (MBBS 1st year)
I used to snore at night and this started few days ago, I do not know why it is happening. I have become a little fat is this because it. Please help me .
Hi I am 25 years male. I have sinus problem, dust allergy, and head getting weight. What to do's and dont's, kindly give suggestion.
Seasonal allergy causes some symptoms sinusitis rashes sneeze during rainy season what should I do to get rid of it.
I have been suffering from sinus problem and asthma for a longtime, I have facing problem while breathing.
I usually have stretch and sore throat I consulted my ent doctor he told tonsil problem and weakness in vocal chord what I do please help is this a serious issue.
I am 25 years old girl, and having some problem with my throat. Sometimes I feel tiny particles in my throat. I tried to remove it by coughing but it never comes out. When I put my finger in there it comes out occasionally. It is looks like pale-white sticky thing. My question is why is it happening? Is there anything to fear? Is it any symptom of cancer? Please answer me. I am very tensed and afraid also.
I am suffering from throat pain. I have consulted the doctor. But he said that I have a tonsil so should remove through operation. Any other treatment for this?
Dear mam I want to take the treatment of homeopathy for my sinus infection I also have the report of ct which shows the deviated nasal septum. Ent specialist guide for surgery. Request you to please provide me the right path for the same.
I stopped the use of an eye drop acupat after using it for 2 months, 10 days ago. However a sinus infection caused by its sude effect has not gone away. I am afraid that is it a long term side effect or it will go away? What shall I do to get rid of it?
I am suffering from severe sinus sir, my left ear get blocked whenever I take bath or it exposed to the air and I get severe headache often and my throat is sore always. I feel unheathy always and its so irritating.
Doctor I feel sore throat and fast breathing usually after a hard laughter I love to laugh but it gives me a chest pain and sore throat what I do please help.
Doctor sir, I have a problem in my ears. The problm is dat I can hear everything but some words are not clear. I can even understand my teachers notes. I can hear the sound but icant understand the clarity. I have suggested an ent doc in tambaram, after taking hearing aid test he told me dat my hearing sense is bit lower than a normal ears. He also said that we cant able to cure dis. Can I get any solution rather than using a hearing aid mission. Doctor too advised me to use hearing machine. Bt my ears are not that too worse. I can hear everything, bt cant understand some words. Dis is my problem, ehat should I do further. I need your help. Please do me some favour. Thanking you.
There is a strong connection between the ears, nose and throat, as any ENT or Ear Nose Throat specialist will be able to tell you. When there is any kind of congestion or obstruction in the nasal passages, one can also feel some effect in the ears with the symptoms going from mild to severe.
So how can nasal obstruction cause clogged ears? Here is our explanation!
- The Connection: To begin with, let us understand the connection between the ears and the nose. There is an opening that can be found in the back of the nose, which leads into a tunnel called the Eustachian Tube. This tube goes into the ears and creates some amount of pressure when the nasal passages get blocked. This pressure can be felt as clogging of the ears and can usually be eradicated with the help of a pop in the ears. This pop can be brought about by pinching your nose and trying to breathe, or even yawning hard or indulging in some gulping or swallowing motion as well.
- Mucosal Swelling: The swelling within the patient's nose usually points at the buildup of mucus, which can make the nasal lining thicker, thus making the act of breathing that much more laboured and difficult. This obstructs the nasal tract, in plain and simple terms. This swelling usually spreads to the tunnel or the Eustachian Tube, which can become swollen and even shut, consequently leading to a feeling of having clogged ears.
- Negative Nasal Pressure: When the pressure inside the nose is built up in a negative way due to the obstruction that makes the patient breathe even harder, then the ears end up taking the pressure. This makes them clogged. This negative pressure usually manifests in the back of the nose where the Eustachian Tube is located, which creates a build up in the ears as well. This can also lead to a ringing pain when a patient tries to suck in air too hard due to the obstruction.
- Bernoulli's Principle: If we are to incorporate air in place of fluid and liken the action of breathing with an obstructed nose, with the action of sucking fluid in through an obstructed straw, then the fluid dynamics would apply to this case. As per these fluid dynamics, more rapid flow of fluid can lead to decreased pressure on the surrounding areas. This can be applied to the blocked nose where air must pass through faster and with more fluidity so as to ensure that there is less pressure on the ears, which will keep them from getting clogged.
Persistent clogged ears and nasal congestion can also point towards an infection and should be checked by a doctor immediately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
I was born during month of january, cold month in chennai and my mother used to tell at the time of birth itself I am suffered from cold. Till today I am suffering from cold and when I took ct scan, doctor said there is small projections in my nose i. E, sinus and it should be operated by laser treatment. They also said if you do operation also again the sinus will formed. Over many years when I received headache on daily basis I used to take amoxillin, paracetamol and avil. After some one advised that kindney problem will come if you use paracetamol. The some years I used otrivin o nasal drops. They many of them advised that there is steroid in the otrivin o which leads to lot of side effect. Some years I used siddha. Now I switched on to homeopathy where small tablets and tincture is given as oral tablets and liquids. Many of them told me that till death it will be there and there is no treatment. Still I am suffering from sinus where the cold will be formed on every half hour and I use to let it out by giving pressure to nose and cleaning the cold with fingers inserting in the nose which leads to oversize of my nose also. I think I am suffering for sinus for the past 46 years i. E, my age. I kindly request to give advise on what to do?
Tonsillitis is a condition, which is characterized by infection of the tonsils in your throat. The tonsils are a pair of lymph nodes that are situated in the throat; its primary function is to protect the body from various infections. Although the disorder can occur at any age, it is majorly common among children. A large number of bacteria or viruses can cause this disorder, but the most serious symptoms occur when it is caused by the streptococcal bacteria.
The first defense mechanism of the body is made up of the tonsils. They synthesize white blood cells which fight against infections. Although tonsils combat these infections, at times, they can fall prey to the same, thus resulting in tonsillitis. Tonsillitis can be caused by both virus and bacteria; however, it is mostly caused by the former. Kids and school going children are very vulnerable to this disorder as they can come in contact with harmful viruses and bacteria very easily.
You will experience symptoms such as a sore throat, bad breath and have difficulty in speaking. Swelling of the tonsils will also make swallowing of food a difficult affair. Other symptoms of tonsillitis are stomach cramps, fever and headaches. The neck and the jaw may also feel tender due to the swollen lymph nodes.
If the symptoms are mild, then it usually does not require any specific treatment. For severe symptoms, antibiotics are prescribed to combat the bacteria that caused the infection in the first place. Chronic cases of this disorder warrant a surgery known as tonsillectomy. This is a surgical procedure to remove the tonsils. In case of dehydration, intravenous fluids are administered.
In addition to these treatment methods, there are certain home remedies that you can follow. The tips you can follow are:
- Keep yourself well hydrated
- Use a humidifier
- Gargle with lukewarm water mixed with salt, regularly