Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijaya
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. VijayaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was getting very difficult for me to cope us with my diabetes. The interior of the Oasis Skincare Clinic was no nicely done, it was so clean. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. The overall atmosphere in the Oasis Clinic is very soothing. She is one of the best physicians in city. The best thing about DR. Vijaya Patil is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel any problem and call her, and Vijaya Patil still takes my call in case of any emergency.
I was very sad because I had a very dark skin because of which I was not confident at all.drVijaya Patil is really like god send person. she finished my problem completley.Hygiene is very important, and I must say that Oasis Skincare Cosmetology in Mumbai was extremely clean.It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.Thanks to herI am much better now.
In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my acidity problem, but dr Vijaya Patil has helped me immensely.One of my cousin's referred to her clinic at Oasis Skincare Cosmetology & Laser Multi-Specialty Clinic in Mumbai. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. SHe gave me a great treatment.
dr Vijaya Patil is a very nice and experienced doctor. Overnite my problem of acne aggravated and I had to take and emergency treatment from her. She was so calm and also helped me be calm. During the complete treatment program she always supported and motivated me. She can be consulted at Oasis Skincare Cosmetology & Laser Multi-Specialty Clinic in Mumbai.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my Dark circles.drVijaya patil is one of the best physicians in city.I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. The overall outlook of the Oasis Skincare Cosmetology & Laser clinic in Mumbai was very nice.The dark circles treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my dark complexion. After consulting Dr Vijaya, I did not lose hope of getting skin whitening treatment. He ensures that he listens to his patients. I am really grateful as his skin whitening treatment has give me a ray of hope. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat the cases.
I consulted a number of specialists for myskin health but the way Dr Vijaya treated me was the best. I had lost hope, but the skin health treatment given by him has helped me regain my confidence .He has expert knowledge in this field. He prescribed few medicines and a diet chart which was quite beneficial for me.
I searched Dr Vijaya Patil online and saw her reviews. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Dr Vijaya Patil is quite knowledgeable in the field of cosmetic. For m hairloss , he recommended hair transplant which benefitted me to great extent. I feel so great after the completion of treatment.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vijaya Patil to be very helpful. I.bought kojivit today.Now let see about the result
Pratap Keshari Pal
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vijaya Patil to be helped me improve my health. Thanks for ur valuable opinion
It was great experience as lot of my doubts got cleared. Looking forward to start my treatment session from next week
Dr. Vijaya Patil provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you soooooooooo much mam.....you give mee a clarity
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vijaya Patil to be knowledgeable. Nice suggestions
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Vijaya Patil to be very helpful. Thank you :)
Thanks to cosmetic surgery, today, it is possible to alter your facial features any way you want. For some it's a way to reverse signs of aging while for others it may be to restructure a part of their face that they are not comfortable with. Whatever be your reason, here are ten tips to ensure safer facial cosmetic surgery.
- Have the right motivation: Cosmetic surgery will change the way you look, not your lifestyle. Do not undergo such a surgery if you think it will give you a new lifestyle.
- Have realistic expectations: Going under a plastic surgeon's knife can alter your facial feature, but only up to a limit. You may want your nose to look like that of your favourite actress, but the end result of the surgery will depend on the bone and cartilage structure of your nose. Having unrealistic expectations can take away from the satisfaction of plastic surgery.
- Find a surgeon who shares your aesthetic sense: If you and your surgeon do not share the same ideas on what looks good, you may end up with a result you are not satisfied with. Before deciding on a doctor, take a look at photographs of their earlier clients.
- Be wary of promotions that offer to pay for your surgery: Cosmetic surgery is expensive, but do not try and save money by choosing to work with inexperienced doctors.
- Meet the entire surgical team: Along with the doctor it is also important to meet the other members of the surgical team. Also, take a look at the facilities offered and the type of surgical atmosphere available.
- Have a clear written plan for the surgery and possible follow up procedures: Cosmetic surgeries often require multiple procedures. Ask your doctor for a clear plan with all the costs involved.
- Ensure that you have an aftercare plan: On the off chance that something does not go according to plan, ensure that you know what is to be done and insist on an aftercare treatment from your doctor.
- Have a strong support system in place: It will take a few months for the effects of your surgery to be visible. Until then, your face may appear swollen and bruised. Get support from your friends and family as this may keep you indoors for awhile.
- Be aware of the risks: Like any other surgery, this one too has risks associated with it. Ensure that you are aware of these risks so that you can make an informed decision.
- Don't rush your decision: Lastly, take your time deciding on the exact procedure you want. Remember that the effects of cosmetic surgery are permanent.
A Reverse abdominoplasty is a cosmetic surgery procedure used to improve the contours of the abdomen. Unlike an abdominoplasty to tummy tuck, this surgery addresses patients who have excessive skin above the belly button. Here the skin is pulled up rather than down.
For this surgery, an incision is made along the bottom half of the rib cage, just below the breasts. The excessive skin is removed along with fat deposits and the remaining skin is pulled p to tighten the tissues and improve the look of the upper abdomen. This incision is usually made along the natural curves of the breast so as to minimize the visibility of the scar.
Unlike many other types of cosmetic surgery, this will require a 2-3 day stay in the hospital.
Women who want breast restructuring along with abdominal contouring will find this type of surgery very beneficial. This is because the placement of the incision allows the surgeon to work on both areas simultaneously. This leads to the formation of only a single scar unlike having breast contouring surgery and a traditional abdominoplasty which would create two separate scars.
The incision is also made in such a way that the scar created is camouflaged by the natural contours of the breasts. In most cases, it is also not visible when wearing a two piece swimsuit and thus suits more women than the traditional tummy tuck. Another advantage od this surgery is that it does not alter the position of the belly button.
A reverse abdominoplasty is usually performed on people who have a flat stomach below the navel but have excessive fat and skin above the navel. It can be seen in people have experienced drastic weight loss. It may also be suggested as a follow up surgery to a traditional tummy tuck is the skin above the navel is still sagging. However, only a doctor can decide if this is the type of surgery needed for you.
This procedure very rarely has side effects. This is because it does not interfere much with the muscle structure and only adjusts the skin. In some cases, there may be slight irregularities. This can be corrected by further liposuction. Another issue would be the recurrence of the problem is the tissue is not correctly adhered to the rib fascia. However, this is seen in very few cases. In normal scenarios, even slight weight gain at a later date is accommodated by the skin.
Many find it difficult to keep up with the time-consuming, ineffective hair removal treatments that they've performed their whole lives in the hopes of maintaining a hairless body. But hair removal doesn't need to be so challenging. Due to many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. At Clinic Cosmoderma, we've mastered the process of laser hair removal and stand behind it as one of the best ways to achieve permanent hair reduction.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a medical procedure that uses a laser – an intense, pulsating beam of light – to remove unwanted hair. During laser hair removal, a laser beam passes through the skin to an individual hair follicle. The intense heat of the laser damages the hair follicle, which inhibits future hair growth. Laser hair removal is used to reduce unwanted hair. Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure can treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. Common treatment locations include legs, underarms, upper lip, chin and bikini line. However, it’s possible to treat unwanted hair in nearly any area – except the eyelid or surrounding area.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Hair colour and skin type influence the success of laser hair removal. For example, laser hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and dark hair because the laser beam targets the pigment (melanin) in the hair. However, advances in technology have made laser hair removal a good option for people with darker skin too.
- Precision: Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Speed: Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time. The laser can treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second. Small areas such as the upper lip can be treated in less than a minute, and large areas, such as the back or legs, may take up to an hour.
- Predictability: Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average of three to seven sessions.
Laser hair removal doesn’t guarantee permanent hair removal. Some hair could be resistant to the laser treatment or grow again after treatment, although the new hair growth might be finer and lighter in colour. The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Skin irritation: Temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear within several hours.
- Pigment changes: Laser hair removal might darken or lighten the affected skin, usually temporarily. Skin lightening primarily affects those who have darker skin, especially if an incorrect laser is used at an incorrect setting.
- Others: Rarely laser hair removal can cause blistering, crusting, scarring or other changes in skin texture. Other uncommon problems that can occur include greying of treated hair, or paradoxically, hair might begin to grow excessively in or around treated areas.
As the aging population in our society continues to grow, new technologies and procedures promising a more youthful appearance are continuously sought. The utilization of radiofrequency technology remains a novel method for the treatment of many aesthetic and medical dermatological indications. Innovative applications are constantly identified, expanding treatment options for various patient concerns including aging of the hands, cellulite, non-invasive lipolysis, and postpartum skin laxity. Non-invasive treatments are ideal for busy patients seeking minimal recovery time and so called lunch-time procedures. Furthermore, new developments in treatment devices enhance efficacy while decreasing patient discomfort.
What is RF treatment?
Based on the scientific term Radiofrequency (RF), radiofrequency treatment is a non-surgical means of “reshaping” the body and the face from beneath the superficial layer of the skin. This method uses sophisticated devices specifically designed to treat men and women’s most common skin aging problems like wrinkles, excess fatty tissues, or cellulite. The method utilizes radiofrequency waves which is, basically, heat energy meant for tissue remodelling and production of elastin and new collagen. Unlike invasive procedures which primarily affect the most superficial layers of the skin, the resulting heat of the Radiofrequency treatment works mainly on the deepest layer of the skin, the dermis, without affecting the upper layers that are above it such as the epidermis.
As heat is a stimulation that promotes contraction of the underlying tissues, especially at the dermis level, soft tissues found within that area of the body compress, realign, and even produce new collagen, a process that normally takes many months to complete. With healthy new collagen present from the deepest level of the skin, exposing such soft tissues to further Radiofrequency waves help sculpt and tighten those tissues into a more youthful and elastic surface.
Benefits of RF treatment
By now, you may already have an idea on how an RF treatment works with regards to aging problems common to both men and women. But how exactly does anyone experiencing treatment via RF benefits from it? Following are the benefits of RF treatment.
- Diminishes or Removes Cellulite
- Reduction of Body Fats
- Tightening of the Skin/Anti-aging
- Post-operative Liposuction Smoothing
- Contour Reshaping
Risks of RF treatment
While the discovery of the Radiofrequency treatment is one of the best things to happen for the skincare industry, it is not perfect. In fact, the treatment itself has its own risks which may be experienced by some clients who undergo this type of medical procedure.
Common side effects of RF treatment include:
- Redness on the skin
- Mild swelling
- Oversensitivity of treated area
- Sinking in of treated area
Who can NOT avail RF for skin tightening?
Basically, anyone can avail of this form of treatment with a few exceptions such as pregnant or breast-feeding mothers and those with serious heart diseases or patients with pacemakers.
Why should you Choose RF skin rejuvenation?
If you are looking for a safe, painless and a non-surgical form of treatment for skin tightening, then Radiofrequency is the way to go. The procedure does not involve surgery, repositioning or cutting. In Radiofrequency treatment, the skin tightens due to the introduction of radio frequency energy into the skin. The process generates moderate electrical currents that cause a contraction of the collagen and reshape it, which results in the tightening of the skin. This treatment effectively tightens the dermis as well as the epidermis, while ensuring that your skin remains undamaged.
Fitness or weight-loss is not just about looking good or fitting into your favorite outfit, it goes way beyond it. It speaks about you. It shows how much you love your body and shows amount of self-discipline you have imbibed in your lifestyle.
A lot of people complain that they do not have time to exercise and eat healthy. It's important to remember that, if you do not find time for health and fitness now, you will have to find time for illness later. Though, it is true that weight issues are uncomfortable to deal with, it is also important to understand that when weight problems go untreated or ignored, they may become a breeding ground for a lot of other problems such as hypertension, diabetes, dyslipidemia and other lifestyle diseases. Therefore, to ensure a healthy body, it is imperative to manage body weight and find time to exercise regularly.
Getting Rid of Excessive Weight:
There are two pillars for weight loss. Diet and exercise. A well balanced diet can control further weight gain and assure overall health, exercise is must for weight reduction. 30 mins walk (to start with), with well-balanced diet (depending on your health condition) can lead to gradual and healthy weight loss. There are a number of things that can be done to shed off extra kilos and get back into shape. Here are the most important ones:
Get on a healthy diet as soon as possible: Weight loss is a metabolic process, and body needs carbohydrates, proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins and water to execute this process. Dieting or eating less will deprive the body from many of these essential nutrients. So forget weight loss, body won't be able to even function properly. As a result, there can be deficiencies, weakened immune system, tiredness and many more undesirable symptoms. For guidance on healthy diet, seek help of a weight loss consultant or nutritionist.
Working out: This is the second pillar for weight loss. Your choice of exercise may be a brisk walk, jogging, joining dance lessons or hitting a gym. Make sure that the exercise regime you choose, is challenging for your body. Toughen the regime as you start getting comfortable with it.
Be persistent: It is important to be regular and diligent with your diet and exercise regime. Self-discipline will take you a long way. Make sure you enjoy your food and exercise, this way you will be able to carry on for a longer duration. While all the aspects of losing weight are important at some point in the process, the most important part is to have an expert by your side who will provide correct counselling and a personalized diet and exercise plan, specifically to meet your needs. When you choose the best doctors and dietitians to help you, you will get there sooner than you can imagine.
Do you know that enlarged breasts, which are observed in many men are caused because of a health condition? This is known as gynecomastia and involves enlargement of the breast tissues in men. The condition is commonly called man boobs. It is usually not something serious and is not always permanent.
During the puberty stage, gynecomastia is quite common and normal. It occurs because of natural changes in oestrogen and testosterone, the sex hormones. The condition is also likely in men of old and middle age because of ageing and hormonal shift. Certain medicines such as antibiotics, heart medicines, AIDS medicines, drugs for heartburn and anti-anxiety medicines may also be responsible for this condition. Drinking alcohol in excess and taking marijuana, and other recreational drugs also increase the chances of gynecomastia. Breast size may also get enhanced by the use of herbal products containing lavender oil and tea tree oil.
Men affected by gynecomastia are featured by having a rubbery mass underneath their nipple region. It is less in amount and is usually tender. Fluid discharge is also an indication in some cases.
For the diagnosis of gynecomastia, you should visit a plastic surgeon, who deals with cases of hormone imbalances. Blood or hormone tests may be required if your physical examination shows that your breasts are larger than usual, the lymph nodes are swollen, or when the lump is sore.
Commonly, gynecomastia can not be cured with medicines. Surgery is compulsory. In the case of teenagers, the breasts become of normal shape within two to three years. Surgery is the only option for restoring your chest shape and improving your self-image. In the surgery for treating gynecomastia, a small cut is made on your breasts and extra breast tissues are removed. This makes your breasts smaller and flatter. The nipple may also need to be repositioned. Liposuction is another procedure which is carried out for this purpose, in which extra fat is sucked out from under your skin. Among the different modes of treatment for gynecomastia, surgery is meant for long term results. However, you need to undertake a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain your new chest shape. Gaining weight and taking drugs may cause gynecomastia to reoccur.
Hair loss may happen due to a variety of reasons including hereditary issues as well as aging and skin or scalp problems. A poor diet and inappropriate lifestyle choices like excessive drinking and smoking can also lead to hair loss. Many people also experience hair loss due to hormonal changes. Also, hair loss may happen as a side effect of certain types of medication as well as surgery related to cancer, which includes chemotherapy. Yet, genetic reasons for hair loss remain the most common cause when it comes to both men and women. Cosmetic procedures can often be used to fix severe hair loss issues. Know more about Healthy Skin.
Here is a list of cosmetic procedures available for the same:
Hair Transplant: This procedure is also known as hair grafting and is often used to treat male pattern balding. This is an outpatient and relatively uncomplicated procedure that can be conducted at the clinic of a dermatologist surgeon. The process consists of the application of micro grafts where one or two hair can be contained in each graft. Strip grafts containing 30 to 40 strands of hair can also be applied in such a procedure. The doctor will usually administer local anaesthesia into the scalp so as to ensure that the patient feels minimum discomfort during the procedure.
Scalp Reduction: In this procedure, the dermatologist surgeon will usually remove the skin which is not bearing hair any longer. The rest of the skin that is capable of growing hair will then be stretched across the scalp so that the bald area can be eliminated. This stretching action is done by loosening the skin of the surrounding area once the non-hair-bearing skin has been removed. In this method too, the doctor will first administer local anaesthesia.
Flap Surgery: In this kind of surgery, the doctor will remove a section of the bald area and replace it with a flap of skin that is capable of sprouting hair. This hair bearing skin flap is positioned properly before being stitched into place during the surgery. While this is a challenging procedure, one will see immediate results as the remaining skin is still connected to the original blood supply that will promote hair growth for the flap as well.
Laser Assisted Grafting: While there are many kinds of hair grafting techniques, laser assisted grafting is one of the most commonly used ones in today's day and age. Before the surgery, the doctor will prepare the area by trimming the donor area. This will allow easy application and access to the grafts. Site holes will be closed with stitches which will in turn, be concealed with the hair that surrounds the area.
Buttock augmentation is also known as Gluteal augmentation, it is a procedure meant for improving the size and shape of your buttocks. With the radical evolution of technology, buttock augmentation is a common and popular technique. An accentuated buttock with increased firmness and roundness will account for an enhanced appeal in young women. This phenomenon is commonly called the Brazilian Butt Lift. Before thinking of getting a buttock augmentation and consulting any expert, you should keep in mind four important facts about the process:
- A Brazilian Butt Lift and Butt Implants are not the same things: There are two types of techniques for lifting up and fattening your buttocks. Surgically carried out silicone buttock implant is the first type and provides a much rounder bottom shape. The second type is the Brazilian Butt Lift, which involves fat transfer, creating striking natural upliftment. Consult your surgeon to know about the best technique to be used in accordance with your body type.
- Your choice of surgeon matters: An avidly experienced and trustworthy surgeon is your key to a successful buttock augmentation which would provide satisfactory output. You choose a surgeon who is working in the field of fat grafting and buttock implants for a long time. They should have proper board certifications in plastic surgery.
- The best buttock augmentation results will appear proportionate to your body: Consult a senior surgeon who will assist you in deciding the most appropriate shape, size and the best procedure of surgery, according to your body type. No matter matter how big you want the implants to be, do realise that the surgery should complement the other parts of your body. Else, you would end up looking artificial from behind. Buttock augmentation is not only meant for enhancing the buttocks. It adds on to your overall figure as well.
- The results of buttock augmentation are very long lasting: A butt augmentation carried out successfully is supposed to last for a long span of time. In case you are unhappy with the results, your confidence, discomfort and finance will all be at stake. Silicone buttock implants continue to look good and firm for more than ten years. In case of the Brazilian Butt Lift, autologous fat tissue graft fuses with your body tissues, providing permanent results. Choosing the size that matches your overall figure is the most important decision to be taken while undertaking buttock augmentation.
Fat and cellulite though are different forms of the fat cells must be eliminated from the body when in excess so that you can lead a better and healthier life. While removal of deep tissue fat which resides underneath skin is possible with many therapies, the cellulite which resides loosely adhered to the skin just under it, is stubborn and tough to remove. That is why effective treatment methods like Endermology have been brought into practice since the 1980s which helps in weight loss as well as inch loss. This is the first cellulite and fat loss treatment, which has been approved by the FDA too.
This is a non invasive treatment, and is a painless and permanent solution against cellulite wherein no scarring or surgery is done. To prepare the body for the treatment, one must follow the below 5 methods, which will let the effect of the weight loss/fat loss treatment to be more visible and faster.
- Get cellulite treatment: The cellulite removal endermologic treatment is a special treatment, which is done with the help of two rollers and a vacuum suction machine. The rollers roll or knead the skin and create a suction force in the loose skin superficially. This makes the fat cells in the body under the skin, release the cellulite which is very effective for belly weight loss. The warmth from the treatment initiates lymphatic flow, and good blood circulation in the body, thus increasing fat metabolism.
- Maintain regularity of treatment: The treatment has a schedule, and the best results are obtained only when you maintain regularity. You cannot skip the sessions. 14-28 weight loss/fat loss sessions are required initially within 1-2 weeks. This has to be done as suggested by the health and treatment expert. From the 6th session onwards, fat loss results will start to get visible gradually.
- Stay hydrated for the treatment: It's a mandate that you keep hydration levels in the body optimum to receive full benefits from the Endermology treatment. Ideally, 5 cups of water intake is must before you start a session.
- HIFU Treatment- the next level: High-Intensity Focalized Ultrasound is the next level of treatment, wherein the ultrasound waves are targeted on the skin areas at thighs, abdomen, waist, hips, buttocks, etc., which contain cellulite. This ruptures the deep-laid fat cells, and then the fat is induced to get drained through the lymphatic system further enhancing the weight loss.
- Maintain healthy lifestyle and diet: A healthy lifestyle with no liquor and smoking, no late nights or drug abuse, and no stress, etc. is needed. Diet has to be a low calorie, balanced diet, and all junk and oily food filled with unsaturated fats must be avoided. Light exercises or moderate to heavy as per the capacity of the body must be encouraged to see the effects of Endermology to become permanent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic Physician.
Are you planning on undertaking a botox treatment? Botox is a drug which is made from a neurotoxin. This is produced by the bacteria called Clostridium botulinum. Botox is used for medical purposes, commonly for treating muscular conditions. It is also used for cosmetic procedures, which help in removing wrinkles. This process is carried out by paralyzing the facial muscles temporarily. Botulinum toxin is also sold commercially under certain names.
Medical and Cosmetic Uses-
Botox is most commonly used as a treatment procedure for reducing the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles in middle-aged adults. It is also used for medical purposes, for the treatment of conditions such as eye squints, excessive sweating, leaky bladders and migraines. Botox is used for treating more than 20 medical conditions.
How Does Botox Work?
Botox or botulinum toxin is a very poisonous substance, and a single gram of it is capable of killing more than one million people. It is considered to be an effective therapeutic protein when used in ideal dosage, and frequency. It is used in several medical procedures and treatment therapies.
How is Botox Procedure Undertaken?
Botulinum toxin is administered by diluting the power in saline. It is injected directly into your neuro-muscular tissue. A duration of 24 to 72 hours is required for it to take effect. This time reflects the time required for disruption of the normal synaptosomal process of the body. It may take over five days for experiencing the full effects of botox. Botox must not be used in women who are pregnant or lactating, or by people having a previous allergic reaction to it.
Risk and Side-Effects:
Injections which contain botox are usually well tolerated. They have several side effects as well.
In some cases, a person may have a genetic predisposition which causes a mild, transient and unusual response to Botox. Some people who are receiving botox type A injections may develop antibodies to the toxins, which may make the treatment ineffective. In people who are using botox type B for cervical dystonia, antibody development may occur.
Along with the effects intended, botulinum toxin may lead to several other undesirable effects. They may include conditions such as transient numbness, headaches, malaise, mild cases of nausea, mild pain, local edema and erythema on the site of injection.
Drooping or temporary upper lid and brow ptosis are also indicated.
Among the two types of botox treatments, the results from abobotulinum toxin A is considered to be more effective than onabotulinum toxin A treatment. Better results are experienced when the muscles are contracted instead of being at rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic Physician.