Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay HogaleYour feedback matters!
Sir actually I have consulted a Dr. Before too he told me that your skin is baby skin it can heal of its own. He gave me some medicines and face wash nd creams too . Cuz of the high fees of the Dr. I couldn't go as far away bt I continued using those products. ND now I have 4 little craters scars nd 1 big crater scar (size varies 1/2 cm dia) ND yeah I got these scars from chickenpox .
The skin has underlying protein layers, mainly having collagen and keratin. With age, they lose elasticity and the skin begins to sag. This is where facelift gained popularity with various techniques including Botox, chemical fillers, laser beam treatment, and chemical peels. Read on to know how these minimally invasive, economic options work in literally lifting up the face:
- Laser treatment: A beam of laser (usually CO2 laser) is used to make small dots on the skin with normal skin left untouched in between. This causes tightening of the tissue underneath, producing a firmer appearance which can take off years from the appearance.
- Botox: This accidentally discovered neurotoxin is used to treat wrinkles and sagging skin. The sagging areas of the face (usually forehead and nasal folds) are injected with Botox. The wrinkles are gone and the fine lines are lost, and the result can last for up to 8 months.
- Fillers: Chemicals which are naturally present in the skin like hyaluronic acid and collagen extracts are injected into the skin to fill up the underlying skin and produce a fuller, younger appearance. The lower cheeks, corners of the eyes and mouth, and area under the eyes are commonly treated by this method.
- Chemical peeling: The top layer is often peeled off using chemicals so that fresh, younger-looking skin is generated. This also helps in reducing pigmentation, reducing forehead lines, de-tanning, and producing a glowing, radiant, younger-appearing skin. It also can be used in other skin conditions including rosacea.
While each of these is widely popular, they come with a set of potential risks and complications.
- Anaesthetic reaction: Most of the above procedures require local anaesthesia and there could be a reaction to this chemical.
- Hematoma: There could be small hematomas in the underneath layers of the skin, which will take some time but dissolve on its own
- Numbness/tingling: The face has a rich nerve supply, and if any of these are touched, there could be numbness or tingling or even loss of sensation in some cases. While some may improve with time, there also could be permanent damage
- Scarring: In chemical peels, there could be minor incisions and therefore scarring can happen.
- Delayed healing: Depending on the person’s immunity, healing could be delayed, and as it is the face, social and/or professional life can be affected.
- Infection: As with any surgery, chances of infection arise and can be managed with antibiotics.
- Bleeding: As most of these are non- or minimally-invasive, chances of severe bleeding are less but still persist.
- Bruising: The face, in the immediate postop period, can have a bruised appearance, which will improve over 4 to 5 days. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
The allure to look young is always compelling and the recent advancements in medical technology have resulted in many procedures, which can help you knock off years. In fact skin care related to anti aging is one of the largest and fastest growing industries within the medical realm.
Let's take a look at some of the procedures which are very effective in anti aging skin treatment:
- Specialized Chemical Peels: In this procedure a doctor will put specially formulated acids on the area of your skin, which needs to be treated. This results in the abrasion or slight burning of the skin after, which new skin cells grow in its place, hence removing age related spots, wrinkles as well as freckles.
- Injection of Botulinum Toxin Type A or Botox: This is possibly one of the most famous and well known anti aging treatments all over the world. This treatment involves injecting Botox into strategic areas of the face to reduce wrinkles and creases that may occur due to aging. This treatment is especially effective for frown lines on the forehead and close to eye corners.
- Laser Resurfacing and or other Radio Frequency Treatments: These machine related treatments also use the principle of abrasion or wounding the skin to encourage the growth of new tissue. In laser resurfacing, a laser beam destroys the epidermis or the outer layer of the skin and heats up the dermis or the lower layer of the skin. As the wounded skin tissue heals, new tissue takes it place which is tighter, thus giving you a younger look.
- Facelift surgery: It is a cosmetic surgical procedure, which takes quite some time to heal but is known to have long term results. In this procedure, excess skin and fat from your face and neck are removed surgically and after the bruising and the scarring have subsided, the new skin is much tighter thus making you look much younger.
- Microdermabrasion and Dermabrasion: These procedures employ the abrasion tactic to the fullest to destroy old tissue and encourage the growth of new tissue. Dermabrasion uses the technique of sanding the skin with a rotating brush where new skin needs to grow. Microdermabrasion is a more subtle technique as it uses finer equipment to sand away only the top layer of skin and the side effects of redness, swelling and scabbing tend to be lesser compared to conventional Dermabrasion.
- Other Soft Skin Tissues Filler Injections: There are many other forms of soft skin tissue fillers other than Botox, which can be directly injected into the required area. Some of these are fats, gels and collagen which can be directly injected into wrinkles. These fillers work by swelling and plumping up the area around the skin to give it smoother look. However, these treatments also need to be done at frequent periodic intervals of a few months.