Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay BangYour feedback matters!
My heartbeat becomes fast when I go to bed for sleep and it happens daily only at night not in day time and sometimes I feel sleeping paralysis then I suddenly woke up but body parts not work properly for few seconds please tell me the reason Why this is happened with me.
I am a male 43 years. I never eat fatty foods, like chicken fry fish fry or any other fried items. And I am using less sugar items. Food always normal, only three times. Idly sambar or dosa, chatni, rice and curry etc. My father, mother, uncle, sisters, they have no sugar problems, only normal. Every day I am walking around five kilometres and always active. My problems is facing sugar and cholesterol. Cholesterol levels is, total always 200 to 220. Sugar level is Fasting 140 to 185. Random is 110 to 125. After good (2 hrs), 150 to 180. And hbA1c is 7.5. Sir please advice me what is my exact problem? Do I am very sad tensioned. Kindly advice me.Pls
My mother hau suffering suffering from high low blood pressure problem. She is 46 years old and her bloodpressure remains good only by taking strong medicins. What should she have to do for controlinh bloodpressure.
I am 32 man and looking my colleagues in office who are generally above 35 have faced heart attack I want to know what is the symptoms for this heart attack and what precautions one should take to avoid such situations. What type of foods/meal one should take to not go in that staze.
Im 21 year old female, I have backache, breathing problem, and chest pain. Sometimes, even sometimes stomach pain also. Im feeling to ask you that, is I have any heart problem.
1) maintain your healthy weight. If overweight then reduce your weight
2) control cholesterol - avoid fatty. Fried foods, junk food, cold drink.
Reduce trans fat, sugar, salt
3) manage blood pressure in range
4) do regular exercise, walk instead of driving always choose stairs instead of using elevators.
5) stop smoking
6) maintain blood sugar
7) eat healthy and nutrition diet rich in fruits and vegetables
8) try to reduce the portion size of unhealthy food and increase the size of healthy food.
9) eat fibre rich grains
10) if you drink alcohol, do so in moderation. This means an average of one to two drinks per day for men and one drink per day for women. (a drink is one 12 oz. Beer, 4 oz. Of wine, 1.5 oz. Of 80-proof spirits, or 1 oz. Of 100-proof spirits.)
Drinking more alcohol increases such dangers as alcoholism, high blood pressure, obesity, stroke, breast cancer, suicide and accidents.
Female aged 56, having body pains in the locations of front and back of ribs, chest, ribs, shoulders, upper and lower abdomen, center and top of head. While pressing the painful areas an amount of gas is coming out through mouth. Please suggest me to which doctor I have to consult.
I am 35 years male and have rheumatic heart disease with moderately severe Mr. and moderate AR. MY BP was normal all these days but off late I have dizziness. So I checked my BP and it is 138/90 which Is not good for my condition. My doctor subscribed repace 25mg that I don't want to take. Can my condition be cured or at least can be stopped from further worsening. Your help will be appreciated.
My haemoglobin, mcv, mch, haematocrit levels are low and rdw level is high. Do I have iron deficiency anemia. Also my eosinophils level is 1550/cumm. Do I also have hes. If yes what should I do to cure it.My total cholestrol level is 101mg/dl. Is this good or bad.
Hello sir , my colleague has a problem of chest abnormality (fibrosis buzz ) during his medical examination in indian air force . What are the causes and remedy? Please sir advised me .thank you.
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
- Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
- Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
- Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. High blood pressure is defined differently in different age groups. It is not always 120/80.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal body mass index of 18-25, should be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.