Find numerous Hematologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Hematologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Hematologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. V P AntiaYour feedback matters!
I have should pain ( right side) for the past 10 yrs. We took MRI scan also. There is no problem as per doctors. Please advise
I am 15 years old. I had hip and 50% femur bone replacement surgery. What should I eat for speedy recovery?
Having pain in my fingers since some days due to regular traveling by bike for long distance for business reasons. Please suggest something so that the pain in my fingers reduces.
Sir I have a problem in my knees. I don't know why it hurts sometimes in the joints of knees. I am just 17 years old. This happens mostly when I sleep less. Please tell me what to do?
I can't sleep at night even when I am very tired. I feel very strong heads during the time. As a result I can't concentrate at my work. What should I do?
Hi, My uncle age 40 years old having sleeping at problem, please suggest medicine which is tasty to take, actually he avoid to take Allopathy medicine.
मेरी उमर 50 years मेरी right Leg के neके निचे बुहत ददॅ होता है ओर साथ मे पैर पर भी please बताए य दद कयो हो रहा है
A good night's sleep is very essential for the body and mind to recharge and be ready to function to its full extent each day. Though, the constant change in lifestyle has altered the fixed sleep hours, it is still advisable that for a healthy lifestyle, 7 to 8 hours of sound sleep is essential.
Studies reveal that about 60% of the UK population is sleep deprived, getting 6 or less hours of sleep. Further, studies have shown that there is a good correlation between a person's food habits and the sleep pattern. While some foods are good at inducing sleep, there are others which help you reduce fatigue that sleeplessness brings in.
The following is a list of foods along with their most significant benefits:
- Cherries: Cherries contain Melatonin which controls our biological clock and is often used to combat jetlag. Melatonin improves duration and quality of sleep.
- Bananas: Bananas are loaded with Potassium and Magnesium, which are very good for cardiovascular health and cognitive functioning and are believed to induce peaceful sleep.
- Mangoes: Mangoes help by boosting the immune system and provide a good night's sleep.
- Blueberries: Blueberries are believed to reduce oxidative stress and muscle cell inflammation and are an excellent choice of snack for lack of sleep. Blueberries balance the level of blood sugar and stabilize the hormone of satiety, Leptin, thus, inducing better sleep.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk induces sleep. Add a pinch of cinnamon and see yourself sleep even better. Scientists believe that Tryptophan and Serotonin do the magic. Not just milk, even other dairy products such as cheese can improve your sleep.
- Fish: Salmon, Sardines, and Tuna are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and also contain vitamin B6. All these are believed to improve cognitive state and are believed to induce a restful sleep.
- Nuts: Be it walnuts, pecans or cashews, all nuts have a soothing effect. They are a rich source of Tryptophan, which is an amino acid responsible for sleep. They release Melatonin and Serotonin which regulate the biological clock and manage sleep patterns.
- Herbal tea: For instance, Chamomile tea and Valerian tea act as a mild sedative and encourage a healthy sleep. The whole act of brewing the tea with the aroma wafting through the air is believed to promote a soothing effect too. Green tea is also considered as a god sleep inducing agent.