Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Umesh Khanna

Nephrologist, Mumbai

1000 at clinic
Dr. Umesh Khanna Nephrologist, Mumbai
1000 at clinic
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage....more
I want all my patients to be informed and knowledgeable about their health care, from treatment plans and services, to insurance coverage.
More about Dr. Umesh Khanna
Dr. Umesh Khanna is one of the best Nephrologists in Borivali West, Mumbai. You can consult Dr. Umesh Khanna at Lancelot Medical Centre & Dialysis Unit in Borivali West, Mumbai. You can book an instant appointment online with Dr. Umesh Khanna on

Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on You will find Nephrologists with more than 32 years of experience on You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment

Lancelot Medical Centre & Dialysis Unit

#111 C, Lancelot Building, S V Road, Borivali West. Landmark: Opp. to Kalyan Jewelry, MumbaiMumbai Get Directions
1000 at clinic
View All

Consult Online

Text Consult
Send multiple messages/attachments
7 days validity
Consult Now


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Umesh Khanna

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I am a 28 year old female and I am having some problem in the genital part since morning, I am worried if its an infection or a wound inside, its a kind of sensation there as I am not able to pee comfortable and completely in one time, I also noticed a little blood coming with urine. Is yesterday night sex a reason for this problem? Shall I go and see a doctor or wait for 2 days?

M.Sc - Dietitics / Nutrition, DNHE, P.G. Diploma in Panchkarma, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Hapur
Yes, you may be right. You may weight for two three days. Meanwhile drink plenty of liquids daily. Avoid spicy fried and junk food. You may take anti inflammatory drugs for symptomatic relief.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Small cortical cyst in left kidney measured 16mm x 16 mm in size, enlarged liver (17 cm) with grade 'I' fatty changes, excess bowel gas.

MBBS, MS - General Surgery, FIAGES(Fellowship in minimal access surgery), FMAS (Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery)
General Surgeon, Ghaziabad
cortical cyst does not create any prob. gr 1 fatty liver usually reported for more than 90 percent of indians. if you consume alcohol plz stop.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am getting motions and my urine is coming completely yellow can you please suggest y its coming.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Ahmedabad
Dear lybrate-user, there are multiple possibilities which are responsible for motions and yellow urine. First of all you need to do is drink water, ors, lemon water. In diarrhoea the body looses its water so the urine is concentrated and it becomes yellow so this yellow urine may be because increased motion. Have one cup of strong coffee this will help in controlling motions. If the diarrhoea is still not in control then consultation is required.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from pathri. What type of food I eat. What type of food I do not eat.

Ayurveda, Ambala
You should follow these very important and simple things to prevent stone formation & to get sure treatment of kidney stones: 1. First take a lot of fluid daily. The more you drink water and fluid, the less amount of deposit accumulate in kidney. So you have to make your kidneys healthy just only by drinking 2-3 liters (10-12 glasses) of water. 2. Stones are mainly formed of calcium and oxalate. So take very low quantity of milk, cheese, cream and dairy products. 3. Do not take strawberry, plum, spinach and tomatoes. These fruits and vegetables are rich in oxalate. So avoid them to prevent from kidney stones. 3. Stop taking supplementary vitamin d and calcium medication. 4. Avoid animal protein diet- eggs, red meat, fish in diet. 5. Take less amount of salt, pickle and western foods. They have high amount of sodium. So avoid it. 6. Urinary infection are also one of the cause of stone. So take proper antibiotic treatment of urinary infection on time. Even when you feelburning sensation or pain during urination, don't avoid it. Take medication as soon as possible. I hope you follow them in your life andstay healthy. 7. You can take gokshur tablets of himalaya for 3 months. It definitely get relief from kidney stones. 8. You can also take neeri syrup 1-2 table spoon with a glass of water at least for 1 month.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am a 24 year old male. I have a severe pain on my lower abdomen is this symptom of kidney stones.

DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Ludhiana
No,as the kidney pains start in lower back and extend forwards whereas you pains are in your lower abdomen and not in the back.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello, I am male, age 27 years. I am having one kidney by birth. Though I get to know about this recently. Before that I am regular in gym and do intense workout, but after discovered that I am little resultant to do intense training. Can you help me on this? I need to know whether I can do regular workout at gym having one kidney by birth.

AUTLS, CCEDM, MD - Internal Medicine, MBBS
General Physician, Faridabad
So long as your kidney function tests are normal, you can continue doing exercises in gym. But avoid using powders that claim to increase your muscle mass. They could destroy your only kidney.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

After Dialysis since March 2016 , since 15 days urination with pain and time gap happens. Before Dialysis there was no prostate error. Suggest remedy.

CCEBDM, PG Diploma In Clinical cardiology, MBBS
Cardiologist, Ghaziabad
Prostate problem is not due to dialysis. You need to take medicine for prostate, contact urologist do 1, pass urine maximum quantity. Even if it takes little more time 2, no alcohol 3. Tea and coffee less. 4. No unnecessary medicine for other disease. 5. Less fluid at bed 6. Pass urine in sitting position 7. Daily walk for 30 mts 8. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am suffering from dysuria from past 3 months. Did Urine Test and culture many times but every time test came negative and ultrasound also normal. But pain in tip of penis, burning and pain before and after urinating. Took different antibiotics but nothing is working out. Is this chronic prostatitis or what. How to cure this? Please help me.

FMAS, M.Ch - Urology, MS - General Surgery, MBBS
Urologist, Kochi
It could be bladder and urethral irritation which would not settle with antibiotics, there are different medicines to to be taken other than antibiotics that would heal you with one month. This is common in many people. You can consult me in the private chat.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I asked before about my frequent urination of about every 30 minutes intervals and am not feeling any pain and am not ill. I was asked to do a sugar test, I did and the result was 3.7mml/. Wat do I do?

Homeopath, Chennai
Frequent urination may be caused by diseases affecting the urinary tract at any level. The urinary tract includes the kidneys, the tubes connecting the kidneys to the bladder (ureters), the bladder, and the duct through which urine flows from the bladder out of the body (urethra).thus a proper assessment by a G.P. is needed
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I'm 31 years old woman. Got married 3 months before. My problem is experiencing an urge to urinate quite often from last few days! what can be the cause of it?

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), MS - Urology, MBBS
Urologist, Ahmedabad
Dear, as you are recently married you may infection called honeymoon cystitis. Get urine yest done to confirn or rule out infection. If it shows pus cells more than five then you need to take antibiotic like ofloxacin 200 mg twice a day 1 hour befor meals for 15 days. Also drink plenty of fluids. Dr. Kiran mehta.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Age 32, male, weight 77, height 5'7" suffering from urine burning sensation since one month, when the water percentage less in the body.

MBBS, MD - MD- Skin & VD
Dermatologist, Ahmedabad
Hello, it is a common problem in summers. You need to be more careful, -drink more water, have nimbu pani twice a day. -use clean toilets -wash yourself well after using the toilet -can happen during sex get a checkup for diabetes or kidney stones.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 25 year old female. Married. I am suffering from urinary disorder for the last 6 years. Heavy gas trouble lead to this case. First some amount of urine will pass, if gas is out through colon then only the remaining urine will pass. Other wise it got stucked. After sitting for some little amount of urine may pass.

Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS), MD - Ayurveda
Don't take heavy meals, often taking food. Avoid non veg, curd, beens etc cereals except greengram. Take glass of hot milk with 1 tsp of gee at morning, in your food, use some hingu in vaggarane.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My urine reports shows protein in urine while in blood it shows 4.6 (normal range 6.0 to 8.0). When I inquired its known as "Protienuria". Now I have following options (1) Go for PTC test (2) Go for 24 hour Urine test (3) Go for Biopsy. Please suggest me best option.

MD - General Medicine
General Physician, Anand
First u have to go for 24 hr.urinary protein.If it is significantly high then go for usg abdomen and rena biopsy if your age is above 18.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I have problem in kidneys I am taking water regularly but the stones are not getting reduced I have heavy back pain. What should i do? Please advise.

Certified Diabetes Educator, Registered Dietitian (RD), PGDD, Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (B.U.M.S), General Physician
Dietitian/Nutritionist, Mumbai
what are the size of the stones? stones treatment depends on the types and size of stone, most kidney stones won't require invasive procedures. You may be able to pass a small stone by: drinking water. Drinking as much as 2 to 3 quarts (1.9 to 2.8 liters) a day may help flush out your urinary system. Unless doctor tells you otherwise, drink enough fluid mostly water to produce clear or nearly clear urine. Passing a small stone can cause some discomfort. To relieve mild pain, according to your medical history I may prescribe pain relievers. I am a doctor and renal (kidney) registered dietitian who will also prescribe a customized diet plan and medications to help pass your kidney stone quickly and with less pain. Do reply back for medication prescriptions. Being also a general physician and registered dietitian, I prescribe both evidence based herbal as well as allopathic medicines complementing with dietary guidelines and home remedies carefully personalized for each individual patient.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

When my father goes to toilet for 2 no, during the 2 no blood come out and it's happen after every 1 month.

Bsc(Med.), DHMS (Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery)
Homeopath, Mohali
It can be in piles. It seemed that symptoms occure at definite intervals, For this homeo. Medicines are the best. You can consult a local homeo. Doctor. Avoid constipation ,Take fibres in diet. Take 8 to10glasses of water and fruits and green leafy vegetables.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I had a stone operation this January and my back have again started hurting me. Please suggest me something.

MD - Homeopathy, BHMS
Homeopath, Palakkad
Urinary disorders can be completely cured with intake of homoeopathic medicines for few days. No side effects in homoeopathic medicines. 100% rapid and effective results. Medicines like can notharis apis hydrangea in the correct potency based on symptoms of patient prescribed the qualified homoeopath either directly or online can cure your problems soon. Nothing to worry. Drink plenty of water. Please be free to approach me for online consultation here. Avoid soft drinks and coffee completely for 3 weeks while taking homoeopathic medicines.
3 people found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Dr. I have frequent urination problem. Only frequent urination, there is no irritation and no vaginal infection. Please suggest what I do Thank you.

General Physician, Mumbai
Drink plenty of water. Take alkasol 5 ml thrice a day with water. Pass urine frequently and keep bladder empty.
Submit FeedbackFeedback

I am 68 years male my prostate is 4.1x3.2 3.3 cms vol. 24 cc slight difficulty passing urine what is care I should take and line of treatment thanks.

Diploma in Community Medicine, MBBS Alternative Medicine, Diploma in Acupuncture
Alternative Medicine Specialist, Delhi
Hello , this may be orchitis or hydrocele. Please use tight underwear like frenchy. And avoid oily spicy food. Avoid biking, cycling, weight lifting.
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed