Find numerous Nephrologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Nephrologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Nephrologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh KhannaYour feedback matters!
PAIN AFTER CYSTOSCOPY I had difficulty in passing urine. I was examined by an urologist who did cystoscopy for the stricture of urethra. Before he did that the urine had to be drained through a suprapubic Cather. After the cystoscopy another catheter was planted to see whether the urine flow is satisfactory. After two days of surgery, the supra-pubic one was removed and ten days later, the other catheter was also removed. My problem is that I develop intense cramps pain extending from the base of left testicle to the left side of the groin (thigh). I have another problem which is that I cannot fully control the sphincter muscle of my bladder. The result if that the urine trickles out before I reach the bathroom. enuresis! When I told the doctor about these two problems (pain and bed wetting) he prescribed Darif tablets to be taken twice a day. For bed wetting he suggested an exercise whereby I squeeze and release perineal muscles. My pain continues. This is a cramps kind of pain which becomes intense when I walk for more than ten minutes. Please suggest the remedy for this.
I am getting toilet 4 to 5 times a day. After ate food, I have to go for toilet after 1 hour (approx. M getting week day by day and wait lose .my hb is 10 gm .please give me best solution.
I have a kidney stone on both side of 4 mm. Does it remove by itself or any other treatmentDoctor advise me to take veltam0. 4 tab.
Sir I am 20 years old and I have a habit of smoking I don't want to do it and I also want to quit smoking but I am not able to do so and one more problem is that sometimes my urine colour is red I am afraid of this please help me or please tell me if I need to do any type of tests.
My father has a kidney problem. His creatine level is 2.7. A month before it was 1.7. Is it severe? How can it be reduced. He also has diabetes and blood pressure. But they both r under control as of now. Please help.
I m been suffering frm keen frm last five months I changed till now 2 doctors but still I m not getting relief n I m also suffering frm kidney stone again n again I use to go to washroom what should I do to get relief.
Hi, From last 5-6 days I am feeling burning sensation while urinate. I got married on November 2016. So is that a sex related issue or something else.
I am 27 year old male. I have to go for pee again and again. Sometimes it's burn and I have little pain in my testicles.
I am 20 year old girl. I am having small celluli stones in my right kidney. Many a times I suffer from severe pain in my right abdomen and my medicines are going on for the same. So please suggest some measures that I could take when I suffer from this pain.
I dribble after finishing my urination. The amount of dribbling depend on anxiety. Urine test is normal. Can it be caused by excessive masturbations or it is psychogenic.
Many people are embarrassed to talk about their urine colour or urine problem with anybody, including their doctor. But, what people always forget is that strong smelling urine and the change in the colour of the urine is a serious issue. Your urine colour directly tells you about your health, especially your inner body. So, without being embarrassed you should consult a doctor, if and when, you find foul odour in your urine. Following are some of the reasons for the causes of strong smelling urine.
- You are dehydrated: Urine is not supposed to leave odour. It should be odourless, but if you find strong smell in your urine, you should consult a doctor immediately. The most common reason of foul odour in your urine is dehydration. If the amount of water needed in your body is not enough then, there will be less water in your body as a result the waste products will not be diluted in water being more concentrated making the urine darker and more odour. But once you start drinking water, it should go normal. Normally, this kind of situations occur in early morning when your water intake is less or not at all. But drinking lot of water will solve this issue immediately.
- More alcohol or caffeine intake: If you are habituated to drink a lot of coffee then it may happen that you find strong smell of coffee in your urine. Although it is not very problematic yet it is healthy if you reduce the intake of coffee in your daily life in order to have a healthy digestive system. Not just coffee but even alcohol could be the reason of irregular or need to urinate a lot more than usual.
- Bacterial Infection: There could be bacterial infection or kidney infection which could lead to strong smell of urine. In order to ensure you should go to a doctor and get important tests done. Then the doctor can suggest treatment according to your results and if all the results are normal then you could be suggested to maintain a balanced diet on regular basis.
- Imbalanced Diet: The problem can sometimes come from the use of certain vitamins from imbalances in your diet. There are substances like nitrates and phosphates in the urine which can give dark colour and odour. You should always have a proper diet and follow it in order to have a healthy digestive system. Eating lot of garlic and onion can also bring odour in your urine.
- Diabetes: If you are diabetic, it may be possible that you find dark urine and odour in your urine. It indicates that your sugar level is not normal and gone much high than normal. If you are not diabetic then it may be a sign of diabetes so you should get diagnosed immediately with your doctor.
There are multiple causes of strong smelling urine but most of them could be cured easily if diagnosed immediately. But in order to avoid this issue it is better to be careful with your diet and drink a lot of water. At least three litres of water a day is an absolute necessity!
I am a 19 years old girl. I had sexual intercourse 2 days ago. 30 sec without condom and after that with condom the whole tym. Then I also took a contraceptive pill. My bf did not ejaculate in me. Can I get pregnant? And alsoToday I got urinary tract infection.(blood in urine. Continuous urge of peeing. Burning sensation while peeing) what antibiotics should I take.
If you notice blood while urinating, you must consult a urologist to get a clear picture of the health issue. Blood in urine is known as hematuria in medical terms. Such a condition can occur in both men and women. It is a common condition and does not require the patient to panic. Rather immediate tests should be conducted to find out the cause of the blood and treated accordingly. Such conditions are very much treatable with a little care and vigilance following of the doctor’s advice. Here are some of the common causes of hematuria in individuals:
- Urine Infections: Urine infections are the common cause of blood in your urine. Most commonly these affect urinary bladder and rarely kidneys also. Prompt identification and treatment can easily revert this problem.
- Urinary Stones: Another major cause of hematuria, usually accompanied by pain in the abdomen.
- Enlarged Prostate: With an enlarged prostate, there can be blood flow with the urine. Rarely this may be a sign of cancer in the prostate.
- Exercise: This might come as a surprise for many of the fitness freaks. While exercises are needed for the body and rightly so; but exercises should be done in a certain limit. Heavy exercises, limitless and vigorous exercises can sometimes cause other health problems in the body. One such problem is the passing of blood in the urine.
- Medications: Quite interesting is the fact that long-term consumption of certain medicines might cause hematuria in individuals. Certain medicines like penicillin and aspirin are absorbed by the body to a certain extent. But overdose or the regular dosage might lead to further problems in the human body.
- Kidney Injury: A kidney injury is a form of internal injury which can be felt and manifested through signs and symptoms. Such injuries occur mostly to those who are in the field of sports. At times, a heavy punch, a hard training session, or an exhaustive fall might lead to kidney injuries. This, in turn, would cause hematuria.
- Tumors of Urinary Tract: Bleeding can occur from tumors arising from kidney, ureter, urinary bladder as well as urethra. These require timely detection and management. Early treatment leads to an excellent long-term outcome.
Thus, these are some of the common reasons for the development of blood in urine. However, it is a condition which can be best analyzed by the medical practitioner. Therefore, on the occasion of blood, you must get it tested and treated immediately.