Submit a review for Lancelot Medical Centre & Dialysis UnitYour feedback matters!
The kidney is a vital organ that regulates the levels of fluids, minerals, salts, and other such substances in our body and when this balance gets disrupted, it results in the formation of Kidney stones. This problem is medically known as Nephrolithiasis and can cause pain when the stone moves about the urinary tract.
Types of Kidney Stones
There are several types of kidney stones and knowing the same can help in determining the cause and offer a valuable insight into how to get rid of them. The common variants of kidney stones are:
- Calcium stones- This is the most common type of kidney stones which are usually found in the form of calcium oxalate. It is a natural substance available in foods and also produced daily by the liver. Certain fruits, nuts, vegetables, and chocolate have high oxalate content. High doses of vitamin D, metabolic disorders, and intestinal bypass surgery can increase the concentration in the urine.
- Struvite stones- This type of kidney stones form in response to infection, and they can grow fast and become large in size within a short span of time with few or no symptoms.
- Cysteine stones- When a person has a hereditary disorder causing the kidneys to give out too much of amino acids or cystinuria, then cysteine stones start forming.
- Uric acid stones- When a person does not drink enough amount of water or lose too much fluid or eat a high amount of protein on a regular basis then he or she may have uric acid stones.
Causes and Risk Factors
Kidney stones tend to have no definite or a particular cause even though numerous risk factors can surge the risks. Kidney stones are formed when the urine contains an excessive amount of crystal-forming substances including uric acid, oxalate, and calcium. Also, when urine lacks the crucial substances which may prevent the crystals from sticking together, the formation of kidney stones can occur.
A person with a family history of this problem is likely to have kidney stones. Other risk factors include dehydration, certain diets, obesity, digestive diseases, surgeries, and other medical conditions such as renal tubular acidosis, cystinuria, and hyperparathyroidism.
Lifestyle changes recommended to improve the situation
Lifestyle changes can indeed dramatically reduce the occurrence of kidney stones.
- Drinking more fluids can reduce the recurrence of stones by 40% and risk is reduced by 80%. Also, the urinary system is healthy and is flushed out of toxic chemicals.
- Follow a diet rich in fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce salt, sugar, and animal protein.
- Limit the consumption of foods with high oxalate content. If you have calcium oxalate stones restrict foods rich in oxalates like beets, okra, spinach, sweet potatoes, nuts, tea, chocolate, black pepper and soy products.
How Homoeopathy is beneficial to break down Kidney stones?
Although Kidney stones are considered a case of surgery, but with Homoeopathic medicines we can break down and dissolve Kidney stones and help to pass the dissolved stone without surgical intervention. Not only does Homoeopathy treat Kidney stones, it also has shown remarkable results in treating the recurrent tendency towards formation of kidney stones. Homoeopathic medicines beneficial to treat kidney stones are: Lycopodium, Berberis.vulgaris, Sarsaparilla, Cantharis and Hydrangea to name a few. These medicines should be taken under the guidance of a qualified Homoeopath.
I want to removed the stone from kidney line by surgery my ultrasound result is left vesico ureteric junction calculus measuring 9.4 x 3.9 mm is seen causing hydroureteronephrosis. So, how many cost for these treatment may I know this cost please.
Urine samples have urine albumin slight trace. Also FBS sugar level is 120. Blood hemoglobin is 11.8, lymphocytes 48, esr 25, creatine level 1. Any issues with albumin slight trace? Is there any serious medical conditions?
I am 47 years age male, I am travelling by everyday from 150 kmts by train from past 5 months. I have been suffering from uti every month at least once, and when it causes I am very tired for at least 3 to 4 days. I have consulted a Doctor, he has given some syrup called citralka and he asked me drink lot of water if I do so, it will be there for 4 days, why it cause repeatedly, and sometimes I feel very tired. Please give some suggestion.
Hlo sr my kidney transplant done 13 months ago now am all right my creatinine 1.0, urea 35, potassium 3.5, blood 15.5 now am very healthy can I eat a little bit of chocolate.
Sir I go for frequent urination after drinking water .of 10 mins I like 2 pass so. How to control it?
The main job of the kidneys is to balance the electrolytes in the blood and maintain the pH homeostasis. The kidneys also remove waste products from the blood and boost your metabolism.
To prevent injuries and diseases in the kidneys, you can undertake the following steps to keep your kidneys healthy:
- Hydrate yourself: You need to drink sufficient water to improve kidney function and the ability of the kidneys to flush out the toxins from the body. Drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water will help in keeping your kidneys fighting fit.
- Eat healthy: The kidneys need to be healthy to perform their regular function. In order to keep them healthy, you need to eat the right kind of foods for sufficient nutrition. Include foods such as watermelons, oranges, parsley in your diet for better kidney function.
- Cut down on your salt intake: Consuming too much salt increases the quantity of sodium in your meals. It increases the sodium content in your blood and increases your blood pressure which might lead to the formation of kidney stones.
- Quit smoking: If you want to take care of your kidneys, you must quit smoking immediately. Smoking harms the blood vessels and hampers the flow of blood to the kidneys. When the flow of blood to the kidneys is obstructed, they cannot function properly. Excessive smoking also increases the chances of high blood pressure and kidney cancer.
- Urinate when you need to: Filtration is the most important kidney function as the wastes and water are eliminated through the bladder. Although your bladder is well-equipped to hold in urine for a long time, you start feeling the urge to urinate once it is filled. If you resist the urge, your bladder starts stretching more than necessary and affects the filtration function of the kidneys.
- Engage in physical exercise: A lot of medical practitioners believe that obesity and kidney issues are very closely linked. Being obese increases the chance of kidney injuries. Thus, engaging in some form of physical exercise is advisable as it keeps your weight under check and releases anti-stress hormones.
I am 22 years old. I am having frequent Urinary tract infections. Have undergone antibiotic treatment. Still it seems to be recurring. I am sexual active with my boyfriend. What's the solution? Kindly reply.
Hi I have burning sensation after urination since last 10 days. I have urine routine yesterday and report was negative. Please suggest some medicine to cure burning sensation.
I am CKD patient. Bp 156/95. Urea 60, Creatinine 3.3, Haemoglobin 10.8. What can I do? I am using calcigard retard 10 mg, Moxivas 0.2, minidress XL 5 mg, cardiovascular 3.125, Ivabrad 5 mg, Shelcal CT 500, Febuget 40 mg, Nodosis 500.
Doctor prescribed medicine for gal bladder stone pain. It starts with alphabet d (don't remember the name dorit something) Can any one help? With the medicine name.
I am suffering from a strange tingling sensation at the top of the urethra resulting in huge restless leg syndrome, particularly when I am going to sleep. The tingling is very irritating and torturous and I have to toss and turn till it suddenly vanishes. Several tests and urologists have diagnosed no UTI or prostrate etc problem and feel it is a neurological problem - genital restlessness leg syndrome .pregabalin has been prescribed but does not work .Can any respectable Doctor suggest a proper allopathic or homeopathic medicine to stop my misery ,please. I will be highly obliged.
I am kidney transplant patient and using immuno suppression medicine tacrolimus one night I forget to take a dose in 3rd month after transplant now it is 4th month I am still worry about that incident is it safe or not?
Mai apni kidney stone ko kaise khatam kr skta hu hamesa ke ly jo dobara na ho mujhe 3 year se lgatar ho rhi h.
I am 20 year old male having problem of burning in urine. After that I have visited urologist, Dr. prescribed some test. I have problem of cystitis and easily infection. So, please suggest HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE for this problem.
Sir, 5 mm stone formed in my right kidney. My age is 23. I consulted a doctor, he suggested some medicine n said drink more thn 4 ltrs of water per day. And I'm following wt he said. Pls tell me any other tips n how much long it take to come out.
Sir, I am a medical student I am having foamy bubbly urine from last 1.5 years I had done many usg and urine test I have a kidney stone of 5.5 mm in left kidney Nothing else seen all normal Even protien So cam you tell me tge cause of this urine.
Stones in the urinary system are referred as 'Renal Calculi'. These kidney stones are not exactly stones, but are actually hard deposits of minerals that can form anywhere within the urinary tract - kidney or the bladder. There are many conventional forms of treatment available to eradicate a stone, but Homeopathy medicines offer a much more simpler and efficient way in taking care of the kidney stones. Let us have a look at how effective these are.
Kidney stones are known to form when the urine becomes too concentrated. The primary reason for such condition could be dehydration. Kidney stones are extremely painful. Pain can be felt in the lower back or, the lower abdomen. There can be a heaviness in the urinary tract often followed by bleeding. It also changes the color of the urine to a pinkish brown. The patient may also experience nausea and vomiting.
What causes kidney stones?
As stated earlier, lack of water can be a major reason for the formation of stones. The chances of kidney stone reoccurring in a person multiplies several times if a person is not in the habit of drinking water. There are also a few food products that are high in salt that may help in the formation of stones. In conventional medications, there is no foolproof method to dissolve the stone and it often involves surgery. The operation has to be followed by months of post-operative recuperation that can be physically daunting for the patient. Also, there are chances that the stones can reoccur at any point in time. This is where homeopathy differs drastically from the conventional methods.
How does homeopathy help in renal calculi?
The biggest advantage of using homeopathy is that it treats the body as the whole. The physician would understand the patient first before imparting the treatment. The latter’s lifestyle, his food habits and his stress factors are discussed in detail to get the complete picture of the type of medications to give. The other biggest advantage of using homeopathy is that there is no surgery involved. They treat the symptoms by naturally dissolving the stones, and the chances of reoccurrence are next to nil. There are several homeopathic medicines for different types of stones. There are even differing types of medicinal products for left side kidney stone, and right side one. A type of medicine - Canthari, is widely used for treating kidney stones with a burning sensation. The homeopathy physician would be in a better position to diagnose once the causes are identified. However, care should be taken that the medicines should be taken only in the prescribed format and as per the guidance of the physician.
Homeopathy is safe
Of all the important functionalities of homeopathy, the biggest is undoubtedly that it does not cause any side effects and are very effective. Since it treats the condition and symptoms from within, the chances of getting a stone in the urinary tracts are minuscule when using homeopathy medicine.