Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Unani Specialists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Syed Sofiqul IslamYour feedback matters!
I have lost 20 lbs. But I am afraid that I will gain it back like I always do. Is there anything I can do to help keep this weight off for good?
I'm suffering from ring warm since 8 month. I had taken 1. Clocip powder. 2. Surfan-sn cream 3. Fluconazole tablet ip 150mg fluka -150 but still my ring warm is not cure what should I do.
Sir I have tried so much as prescribed by dieticians but weight not increased as I am 28 years old and weight is 45 kg.
I am 26 years old But my Height and weight very less, I am Looking Like kid So How to improve my Height and Weight Please give the Best answer as well as possible thank you.
I am a 19 year old male having weight of 48 kg and height of 5'6. I am thin. I want to gain my weight, but I am unable in doing so.
I am 27 year old person, Now I have 48 kilogram body weight. i want to grow my weight. What should I do?
I am 21 years old and I am very thin. I was in under weight. I am having an habit of skipping the morning breakfast. Please suggest me a good diet to take everyday to gain some weight. Please say what can I take in the morning breakfast to gain weight fast.
Good morning. Iam very thin I eat properly and nice food but I don't know what is going on in my body my height is5.8but weight is. Just 50. Iam loosing my weight. Can you suggest any health tips to me Thank you.
My wrist is really to much narrow it is of about 2.5 inches due to this I am really shamed and always wear a shirt please can you give me any solution.
I'm 21 year old and my weight is 53 kg. I know it's underweight. I have done various job for increase weight. But there is no effect. Give me solution for increase weight naturally.
I am 17 years old, but my body weight is very low as 44kg. I would like to know that whether it is a problem. And I would like to know the ways to increase my body weight.
For long, there have been campaigns and discussions about the harmful effects and diseases associated with alcohol consumption. In most cases, it is not the alcohol, but the quantity consumed that affects a person. Limited consumption of alcohol can, in fact, work to your advantage. Alcohol, when consumed in moderation, helps to avert, check or improve many medical conditions and health ailments.
- Deal with common cold effectively: According to research, the antioxidants present in wine helps to fight common cold better. Limited intake of alcohol, red wine to be precise (~1-2 glasses per day), can, thus, help to reduce the instances of common cold significantly.
- Weight loss made easy: Studies conducted by the Oregon State University suggest that certain varieties red wine (the Red Muscadine Wine) can play a pivotal role in weight reduction. The Red Muscadine, a variety of wine grapes used to make red wine contains ellagic acid. It is this ellagic acid that helps to cease or slow down the growth and development of the fat cells. Red wine also helps to manage fatty liver effectively.
- Keep cardiovascular diseases at bay: The high-density lipoprotein (HDL), also known as the Good Cholesterol is indeed good for the body. It acts as a shield, keeping the heart hale and hearty. Moderate alcohol consumption helps to elevate the level of HDL. One of the main reasons attributing to heart attacks are the small blood clots that block the arteries of the brain, heart, and neck. Alcohol (limited intake) has been able to put a check in the formation of such blood clots.
- Reduced instances of cognitive impairment: Reports suggest that people who consume alcohol within limits are less likely to develop dementia and Alzheimer's disease. Moderate consumption tends to make the brain cells fit and more active, thus, enabling the cells to deal with stress and other related factors.
- A little wine for a better libido: Limited consumption of wine is good for a better sexual life. Research indicate that the antioxidants present in wine act as a catalyst, resulting in an improved libido (lowers the incidences of erectile dysfunction in men). A little wine can work wonders for women as well (increasing their sexual desires and feelings).
- Enjoy a diabetes-free life: Type 2 Diabetes and the associated ailments and complications can make life miserable. However, people who consume a small quantity of alcohol (preferably 1-2 glasses per day) are at a lower risk of developing diabetes (Type 2). A path-breaking finding indeed!
People with moderate alcohol consumption are also at a lower risk of developing gallstones. The high silicone content in beer helps to strengthen the bones, but only when consumed within limits. Beer is also rich in calcium, magnesium, and vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin). If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.