Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Shin Splints
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Interferential Therapy Procedure
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Postural Training Techniques
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Sports And Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy
Sports Fracture Rehabilitation
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Sports Physical Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Swetha HariharanYour feedback matters!
My both knees are paining continuously, I have done xray, doctor told me to avoid steps climb, continuous sitting and do exercise along with some tablets, iam using these tablets from 5 days, till date no relax for me from the pain, can you please guide me weather I need to go for some other test procedures and wht kind of precautions I need to take in order to avoid the pain, pain is not so sever, medium but continuous.
* Fatty liver grade 3 * Spina bifida L5 vertebra seen * Sugar fasting 171 Sugar pp 284 Any time back pain in right leg Any time full body harassment.
She has been suffering for 2 months. A patient of leg pain, mainly in hough side & ankle side and feeling insensitive in those areas of body parts. Not able to walk a lot. What should we do?
I am asking the query of my mother her age is 55 years and she has pain In right hand shoulder from one month nothing injury in or any other in hand when she work she had pain in shoulder please suggest me what should I do for mother.
I am 39 years I suffering knee problem last two years. My uric acid report is 6.8 so please give me suggestion.
When he moves his shoulder round, a type of of sound is coming out from the shoulder. He is unable to move his hand towards backside.
The musculoskeletal structure of your body is what enables you do any physical movement. The bones provide the solid structure while the muscles provide the strength and agility for all the necessary movements. However, muscles can be affected either due to internal problems within the body or due to wear and tear. Pain in the muscles can be quite debilitating and problematic.
Some of the more common methods to treat and deal with muscle pain are mentioned below.
- Correct electrolyte imbalances in your daily food intake: Electrolytes are important minerals required in your body such as potassium or magnesium. A lack of these minerals within the body will cause muscle pain including cramps and spasms. These could be caused due to:
- Proper stretching and massaging your muscles: You should get into a habit of properly warming up and cooling down before and after exercising as this will allow the muscles to get into optimal physical condition. If you suddenly start exercising, it may damage them and cause immediate pain or may develop into chronic pain over time. The best way to correct this imbalance is to include foods in your diet which contain these minerals, such as bananas for potassium, organic meat for potassium and magnesium, organic eggs, and legumes.
- Start exercising if you aren’t doing it regularly: Muscle pain may occur due to atrophy or weakening of the muscles. Bad habits and posture overtime will also result in muscle pain and the best way to strengthen them is to start exercising and stretching them slowly. Once they are strong enough, some of the muscle pain issues will go away on their own.
- Correcting bad posture: Bad posture is another culprit for muscle pain. Especially common with sedentary jobs behind a desk postures tend to deteriorate overtime and cause, muscle pain. Thus along with exercising, try to change your posture and correct any bad habit that may have crept in.
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration is another common cause for muscle pain especially from muscle spasms or cramps. Ensure that you are properly hydrated throughout the day to avoid pain from spasms.
- Use either hot or cold therapy: You can use ice packs or hot water packs to soothe muscle pain depending on the type of causes. For example, throbbing muscle pain and spasms can be relaxed through warm compress while inflammations can be soothed by icepacks.
- Medications: In certain disorders of the body such as fibromyalgia, you will need to take specialized medications in order to correct the problem. For excessive and chronic pain, you should visit your doctor as it may require more extensive treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.