Are you suffering from hair loss? Don't just blame your genes for that. A plethora of reasons ranging from hormonal imbalance to thyroid or nutritional deficiency can lead to hair loss. Hair fall and baldness can hamper your self-confidence and push you to a pessimistic and gloomy world of hopelessness. Your hair is the x-factor that influences your personality and sets you apart from others. But, what should you do to tackle hair loss and boost hair growth? Well, there are several ways to get rid of this problem.read more
Vitamin itself stands for ‘vita’ means ‘important or vital’ and ‘amin’ means ‘substance’. Vitamins are essential for various body functions, and their deficiency can lead to severe problems. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins and has multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and overall health. Almost all food substances including regular vegetables and fruits contain some amount of vitamin C, and so it is rare for people to develop this deficiency.read more
Namaste, I am Dr. Surjeet Kaur Baba, practicing Ayurveda physician, cosmetologist, skin anesthetic trichologist and nutritionist. Today we will talk on lifestyle disorders and how we can handle it with Ayurveda. Our lifestyle has taken a lot of toll on our health giving rise to many diseases like diabetes, hypertension, obesity and also depression. So how can we make changes in our lifestyle to handle it. It is very simple.
- We need to incorporate more walk in our daily life, eat less or eat in a smaller plate.
- We need to include diet like seasonal vegetables and fruits, have whole meals, have whole grains in your meals.
- Let's incorporate yoga and pranayama.
- Try to take maximum walk during the day.
- Take the stairs in case if you are going to your office or your home.
- Meditation plays imporatnat role in the improvement but sounds difficult. It's very difficult to meditate if you just start on your own but Ayurveda has a way to do it. It helps you through shirodhara. A stream of warm oil flows on to the center of the forehead. It's also known as a third eye. This stimulates the pituitary gland and gives you a very blissful experience. You should experience it in order to understand.
- There are few medications available to help you in your weight loss. Medicines like Garcinia, Gogol, triphala, Nishod etc also help in losing weight and also helps in removing toxins from the body.
- Last but not the least you need to grab good amount of sleep. A minimum of six to eight hours of sleep is essential for a sound health.Friends don't forget, you need not sleep during day time as it is totally contraindicated in Ayurveda. One can also relax by taking a Birmingham treatment in an ear by clinic.
Let us incorporate the Ayurveda way of lifestyle for sound health. For more information please visit www.lybrate.com. Thank you.
Causes and Treatment for Corn on Skin
1st of all let us take a call on how is the corn formed. Corn is a small patch of skin, thickened skin, dead plug of skin which is found in feet sometimes, in hands too. What are the causes? Improper walking, uneven pressure on feet, ill fitting shoes etc. All this lead to friction of the feet thus thickening the underlining skin to sustain that pressure. What are the available treatments? Corn caps, acids, surgical excisions. Surgical excisions can offer relief but has big healing time and tedious post op care. Ayurveda offers immediate relief to the long standing pain by Agnikarma. Agni karma has been mentioned by Acharya Susrut, corn has been described as Kaddar in Ayurveda, it is treated by Shalaka Dahan.
This is a superior para-surgical procedure in management of not only corn but other health ailments also by pancha dhatu shalaka the tool for cauterization. This procedure doesn’t require any anesthesia, no hospitalization and minimum post op care. The patient goes on walking comfortably with reduced pain.
How is the treatment done. 1st the area is cleaned and dried, heated shalaka is then applied to the corn till the pain is sensed by the patient. Immediately the shalaka is removed and healing cream is applied, patient can comfortably walk back home. Now I will show you how a shalaka looks, (displaying) this is a shalaka, it’s a panchadhatu shalaka. This point is heated and applied to the corn. Very comfortable procedure and no post op care.
For more information please contact us on www.lybrate.com thank you.read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Surjeet Kaur
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Face Hair Removal Procedures
Treatment of Sunburn
Treatment of Sinusitis
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Arm Pain
Treatment of Skin Infections
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Hypertension
Treatment of Heel Pain
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Surjeet KaurYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Soumya Ranjan Mohanty
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Surjeet Kaur to be knowledgeable. How to use this face pack of curd with turmeric
Dr. Surjeet Kaur provides answers that are very helpful, caring and helped me improve my health. Thank u mam
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Surjeet Kaur to be sensible. Thank u mam
Dr. Surjeet Kaur provides answers that are very helpful. Tqs
Hair today, gone tomorrow. That might be your condition if you are not taking care of your hair properly. There are a lot of things you do almost daily that are adversely impacting your hair health. You might not even be aware of the damage you are doing to your tresses by indulging these activities:
1. Poor hair habits - Your hair becomes weak and fragile when it is damaged. Poor habits can lead to breakage of hair such as excessive heat styling, chemical hair coloring, and bleaching. These add a lot of stress to hair, weakens your hair's elasticity and lead to breakage, thinning of hair and severe hair damage.
2. Shorter hair growth cycle - The hair growth cycle is constantly in rotation and your hair is never in the same phase of the cycle. There is a phase of hair growth cycle when the hair becomes dormant until the cycle repeats. This resting phase of hair growth cycle may last much longer sometimes.
3. Dry and brittle hair - It's possible for your natural hair to break off as quickly as it grows, appearing as if your hair is no longer growing. Moisturizing your natural hair is important because of its inability to produce a natural oil that covers the entire scalp. Washing the hair or using warm oil treatments, sulfate-free shampoos and adopting healthy hair regimens can keep your natural hair moisturized and prevent it from breaking.
4. Poor diet - Your hair needs proper vitamins, minerals and nutrients in order to thrive and eating foods rich in nutritional value like fish, nuts, green leafy vegetables will help your hair grow healthier. You can also add multivitamins to your diet containing vitamin A and zinc which functions to strengthen hair, nourish hair follicles, promote healthy scalp and minimize shedding. Visit to find out how healthy are your hair!
People with bulging waistlines no longer need to undergo a surgical liposuction technique. There are non-surgical procedures available now that can bring down abdominal fat.
Procedure of Non-Surgical Tummy Tuck:
The procedure involves two processes: fat reduction and skin tightening. It is also known as sculpting.
Fat Reduction: The first step in this type of treatment is Fat Reduction. The procedure for fat reduction in a non-surgical tummy tuck is done by working on fat cells. This is done by specialised devices which exclusively target fat cells and don’t disturb the surrounding tissue. Once the procedure is over, the lymphatic system metabolizes it. However, this takes time. Some doctors also do it by melting the fat with laser . The technique may differ depending upon the amount of fat and other health conditions of the body.
Skin Tightening: During or after the reduction of fat, the skin gets saggy and bulgy. Skin tightening helps tighten the sagging skin. This can be done by using radio frequency, laser , or ultrasound. All these techniques induce collagen production helping in tightening of the skin.
Despite all the technical excellence and promising results, it is natural for any aspiring candidate to ask as to how long does the result of such tummy tuck last.
The similarity between a surgical tummy tuck and a non-surgical tummy tuck is that in both cases fat has to be worked upon and the skin has to be tightened.
However, the procedure and processes differ. Candidates aspiring to remove fat from their waistline or other areas and achieve a sporty belly need to know that it is difficult to maintain the results of even a surgical tummy tuck, if there is a fluctuation in lifestyle and diet.
This implies that the candidate has to maintain a stable weight after the procedure in order to achieve long term effects One also needs to follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and abstain from snacking, smoking, and drinking. If a person can do that, he/she can achieve long term results.
Whether it is surgical or non-surgical fat reduction or skin tightening, it is always advisable to consult an experienced and skilled Medical Practitioner. If a person goes back to his or her old lifestyle and does not do anything to maintain his weight and diet, the bulge in the treated area may return. The result of such treatment depends on the maintenance of weight and lifestyle to a large extent. Visit your nearest and reputed Medical Cosmetologist to understand what suits you best.
Chemical peels are used for exfoliating the skin around your face, neck and hands. It is a process in which a chemical solution is used for eliminating the dead skin cells from the upper layer of your skin. After applying a chemical peel the affected layer of the skin comes off leaving behind a new layer of skin.
- Acne and acne scars
- Helps you to combat the problem of ageing
- Excessive consumption of hormonal medications can sometimes lead to the appearance of brown spots on your skin.
- It also effectively treats damage caused by the harmful rays of the sun.
- Sometimes dark circles and fine lines that appear under the eyes can also be treated with the help of chemical peels.
- Skin pigmentation can be cured with the help of chemical peels.
Chemical peels are generally not painful and are usually effective. Following types of chemical peels are used -
- Light peels: These peels are very mild in nature. Most often Glycolic acid is used as the peeling agent. Light peels can make your skin smooth and can also give you a radiant look.
- Medium depth peels: Trichloroacetic acid is used for peeling in case of medium depth peels. It helps to treat skin problems like wrinkles, pigmentation or skin damage caused by harmful rays of the sun.
- Deep peels: Deep peels not only act upon the upper layer of your skin but they rather penetrate through different layers of your skin. Usually phenol is used as the peeling agent.
Nasya is an Ayurvedic term, a Panchakarma procedure followed for disorders related to head, throat, nose, ear or diseases above the shoulder area. Nasya purifies these organs and removes vitiated Doshas through the nasal openings. The nasal treatment is given in the form of medicated powders, medicinal fumes, oil or medicated juice.
Efficacy of the treatment:
This form of treatment is tailor-made for diseases related to ENT and Eye ailments by administering oil or other form of medicines through the nostrils. Other areas where Nasya can be applied to get good results include Psychiatry, Dentistry, and Neurology.
As per function, there are 3 different types of Nasya- Brihmana Nasya, Virechana Nasya and Shamana Nasya. As per quantiity, Nasya can be divided into 2 categories i.e. Pratimarsha Nasya and Marsha Nasya. Some other popular nasal therapy treatment includes the following:
2. Pradhamana: This is a procedure where dry powders are blown into the nostrils through a narrow pipe. It can also be inhaled. Diseases such as epilepsy, sudden unconsciousness and any other diseases related to the brain are treated through this method. Some other herbs that are used along with this method of treatment include Vacha, Vidanga, Maricha, etc.
3. Avapeedana: In this form of Nasya, juice extracts are injected into the nostrils. 4-6 drops of juice for each nostril are required. This treatment is ideal for patients suffering from poisoning, epilepsy, delirium, rhinitis etc.
4. Dhooma: This form of Nasya has 3 subtypes - Virechanik, Prayogik and Snehaik. In Dhooma, a patient is made to inhale medicated fumes from both the mouth and nostrils for 3-4 times. The exhalation should only happen from the mouth.
Herbs used in Nasya Karma: Some common herbs that is used for preparing any Nasya preparation include Apamarg, Vidanga, Hingu, Tulasi, Maricha and Lahsuna. Some common oil preparation of Nasya includes Anu, Narayana, Marichyadi, Guraadi, Shadbindu, etc. A common preparation of Nasya is known as guraadi that include herbs such as Shunthi, Pippali, and Saindhava.
Benefits of Nasya treatment: There are numerous benefits of Nasya treatment, some of the notables ones include:
1. It develops and strengthens the shoulders, chest, skin and neck.
2. The sensory organs become much stronger after Nasya therapy of 3-4 weeks.
3. Any person witnessing grey hair can get rid of it with regular Nasya treatment.
4. Nasya also strengthens the vision of a person.
Visit an Ayurved Physician near you if you wish to take benefit of great health through Nasya!
One of the most common problems to affect men and women of all ages is high blood pressure. If your blood pressure consistently shows a reading that is higher than 140 over 90 you may be suffering from high blood pressure. High blood pressure on its own is not fatal, but it can lead to a number of problems including strokes and higher vulnerability to heart attacks.
An unhealthy lifestyle is one of the biggest causes for high blood pressure. Thus making conscious lifestyle changes such as leading a more active life and eating more fruits and vegetables can help manage high blood pressure. Ayurveda also has a number of ways to manage and treat high blood pressure. Ayurved Medicines do help in taking care of the heart ailments without any untoward side effects. These should be taken by a certified Ayurved Physician who can guide you properly.
1. Garlic cloves: Garlic has a number of antiseptic properties and is also beneficial towards slowing down the pulse rate and helps smoothen the heart’s rhythm. To use garlic, include it in your regular food or better still, chew 2-3 fresh, raw cloves of garlic a day.
2. Watermelon: Watermelon is rich in L-citrulline, an amino acid which has the ability to lower blood pressure. It is also loaded with fiber, vitamin A, potassium and lycopenes which also help lower blood pressure levels. To benefit from watermelon, it can be eaten as it is or dried watermelon seeds can be crushed and mixed with cuscus powder and water to be drunk twice a day. The powder made from dried watermelon seeds can also be steeped with boiling water to create a tea that should be consumed every morning and evening.
3. Amla or Indian gooseberries: This herb is associated with a number of health benefits and can help lower cholesterol, hypertension and help stabilize blood circulation.
4. Yoga: Yoga asanas can also help stabilize the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system and thus regulate blood pressure. To treat high blood pressure, begin by sitting in the Siddhasana posture and practising the Anjali Mudra. This helps reduce stress and anxiety. Follow this by the Supta Padangusthasana and then the Matsya Kridasana. Simple anulom vilom and other such breathing exercises can also help lower high blood pressure.
Here are some of the Ayurvedic Medicines which are very beneficial in curing high blood pressure:
Ayurveda prescribes many herbs that help in alleviating the symptoms of hypertension and protect the organs of the body. Gokshura (tribulus terrestris) is a diuretic and an ACE inhibitor. It is widely used for treating various health issues. Rauwolfia serpentine is also a very popular medicine which is also known as sarpagnadha. It also produces amazing results in high blood pressure. Gulkand is also an ayurvedic medicine which has a soothing and calming effect on the body and mind. It improves the mood and keeps the tension at bay. It is also known as rose petal jam.
Although this disorder has been present among people since the inception of mankind, the rate of increase among the number of patients in recent years is alarming. The primary culprits are lifestyle issues such as bad diet, lack of physical exercise and stress. However, some people are genetically predisposed to it as well. Diabetes is a silent killer as complications caused by it are one of the largest killers on the planet.
Ayurveda has a long history of successfully dealing with this disease dating back thousands of years. Diabetes is known as ‘Madhumeha’ and is often classified as ‘Maharoga’ as it causes multiple complications. The Ayurvedic route has many facets such as exercises, filtering toxins and balancing the ‘Doshas’ through diet and herbs to control the effects of diabetes. Let’s look at some of the remedies for controlling and correcting symptoms of diabetes in Ayurveda.
1. Diet: This is one of the most important changes that you need to make in your life to control symptoms of diabetes. Certain food types are an absolute no-no in Ayurveda if you have diabetes while certain other types of food are encouraged as they help keep it in control. Food types encouraged in Ayurveda: Amla, bitter gourd, fenugreek seeds (methi), spinach, jamun, drumsticks, garlic, turmeric, snake gourd, barley, wheat, tulsi, pepper, soya bean, cucumber and bel (Indian Bael) among others.
2. Food types discouraged in Ayurveda: Processed sugar or any food that contains a high amount of it, unrefined sugar in large quantities, sugar cane juice, oil, jaggery, ghee, cakes, alcohol, foods rich in carbohydrates such as rice or rotis in excess quantities, curd, junk and oily foods, butter, cold drinks and sweets among others.
3. Yoga and exercises: Exercising and ensuring that the metabolism is kept active to check blood sugar levels is of utmost importance when you are diabetic. Yoga is one of the best methods to accomplish this. In general, light walking is prescribed but there are certain yoga poses which are especially beneficial for diabetes. Some of these are:
- Shalabhasana or the locust pose
- Ardha matsyendrasana or the half spinal twist pose
- Peacock pose or Mayurasana
- Katichakrasana or the waist rotating pose
- Naddishuddhi Pranayama
- Surya namaskar among others
However, it is important that you are proficient in the easier forms of yoga first and then have proper instruction before you try the harder poses. Apart from Diet, Exercise, Stress Management, Ayurved offers great treatment for Type II Diabetes. Always visit Ayurved Medical Practitioner to know which medicine suits best according to your Prakruti.
Vitamin itself stands for ‘vita’ means ‘important or vital’ and ‘amin’ means ‘substance’. Vitamins are essential for various body functions, and their deficiency can lead to severe problems. Vitamin C is one of the essential vitamins and has multiple benefits for the skin, hair, and overall health. Almost all food substances including regular vegetables and fruits contain some amount of vitamin C, and so it is rare for people to develop this deficiency.
Are you suffering from hair loss? Don't just blame your genes for that. A plethora of reasons ranging from hormonal imbalance to thyroid or nutritional deficiency can lead to hair loss. Hair fall and baldness can hamper your self-confidence and push you to a pessimistic and gloomy world of hopelessness. Your hair is the x-factor that influences your personality and sets you apart from others. But, what should you do to tackle hair loss and boost hair growth? Well, there are several ways to get rid of this problem.