Lybrate.com has an excellent community of General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Procedure
Treatment of Lumpectomy
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suresh JoshiYour feedback matters!
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while.
Hi. I am 23 years female. I have a dark skin around month. Don't exactly remember from how many years. I want to remove it as it look odd. I consult a doctor he said it is due to dandruff on face or pigmentation. I dnt exactly get why dandruff on face causes skin darkening. Can you please suggest me what should I do?
I am suffering with skin problem am getting rashes on my back & in left hand in both sides itching me very badly wat to do.
I have a itches on my back, its turned my skin to black colour on that spot, please suggest me the best medicine for that.
I have a nose bump after my nose piercing but it is not healing from 1 year there is no pain in it and no pus. What I should I prefer.
In the era of information overload, the internet is filled with thousands of beauty advices, most of which tend to do you more harm than good. It is extremely essential to do a thorough and reliable research about the pros and cons of a beauty tip that you intend to utilize.
The following are some of the most common beauty myths that have been passed down through generations:
- Myth- Shaving makes your hair grow back thicker: You must have heard a number of times that shaving tends to make your hair grow back coarser, thicker and darker. Scientific evidence proves this notion as a myth; it states that shaving neither affects the rate of your hair thickness nor its growth. Hair shafts are often thicker than the hair ends, which makes them appear thicker.
- Myth- Toothpaste aids in getting rid of pimples: Applying toothpaste on pimples is among such beauty remedies that have been doing rounds for a long time. Application of toothpaste on a pimple tends to dry your skin and irritates it. Instead of using toothpaste on pimples, it is advisable to utilize medications, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid and are designed to treat pimples.
- Myth- Trim you hair to make it grow faster: It is one of the most common beauty myths that everyone is aware of. Hair does not grow from its end; it grows from its root. The appearances of split ends arise due to severe hair damage, which slowly make its way towards the top of your hair. Trimming your hair on a regular basis gives your hair a healthier and fuller appearance, but it does not accelerate the rate of your hair growth.
- Myth- Cocoa butter helps in preventing stretch marks: Another widespread beauty tip, which is unfortunately a myth is that application of cocoa butter on a pregnant woman's belly throughout the course of her pregnancy will prevent the appearance of stretch marks. According to research, cocoa butter has no role in the prevention or control of stretch marks' appearance.
- Myth- Is it possible to shrink your skin pores: No matter how much you scrub or cleanse your skin; it is not possible to shrink your pores. In fact, you cannot close or open pores even if you want to. In order to give your pores a more refined look, use cleaning devices while cleansing your pores.