Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sunay Pradhan
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Sunay PradhanYour feedback matters!
Hi doctor. I am 21 years old. Since last year which was my first year in college I had fainting feeling one day and went to hospital for check & it was said I was near to lo pressure. After this attack I never felt normal. I had vertigo, ringing ear, sometimes palpitation of heart, nausea, feelingness of vomiting trimmering of limbs and fainting feeling every time. And in my holidays I went back home and showed to our trusted doctor and found out that I have gastritis. I was given medication and breathing and burping problem was over. And I also felt better at home. I came back to college and my second semester and third was over with the same stress and feeling. And after that I again visited referee hospital and found that I have tinnitus. But this days I am suffering bad my chest feels like it is heavy, light. Headedness, weakness, ringing ear, tiredness and fear of dieing. I did ct scanning of my head but it's normal and. Pressure is also normal. I don't know what is the problem doc. Is it Ms. Or a heart problem.
Dr. mere liver me swelling hai, khana hazam nahi hota hai, pure body me gas bhar jati hai, vomiting aur nausea lagta hai and depressed rehta hun, kaam me man nahi lagta h.
I am girl who have fear of losing people .i love a boy and I just do not know why I feel so tensed that I will lose some one. Actually I care people a lot and if my people stop talking me I will be so tensed and I can not do or continue with my work and I just can not concentrate I feel sad and I will be crying whole day. I just want yout help to make me relieved please.
I cannot talk with people nicely because of my stammering. I cannot even say my name. I do not have speech therapist in my area. Can anyone suggest me what should be done? Do ayurveda has its cure?
Depression is more than just feeling low or down. It is a serious illness that is caused by various changes in the brain chemistry. There are a lot of factors that cause depression, which range from genetics to change in hormone level, stress, grief, medical conditions and other life circumstances. All these can lead to depression and that is something which does not go away on its own. However, there are a few efficient ways through which patients can deal with depression. These are as follows:
- Exercise: Taking a brisk walk for fifteen to twenty minutes every day can be very healthy, not only for your body, but also for your mental health as well. Dancing, jogging, cycling and yoga are alternatives as well. Although, people who are depressed might not feel like doing any of those things, but one should try to do them anyway. Once a person gets into the exercising routine, they will start noticing the change in their mood. Deep breathing, yoga exercises and meditation can also help people feel better and less depressed.
- Anti-depressants: Three brain chemicals that are responsible for handling your mood are norepinephrine, serotonin and dopamine. During depression, the brain circuits that make use of these chemicals stop working properly. In this case, antidepressants can be very useful. These tweak the chemicals that run through the brain and help improve your overall mood.
- Psychotherapy: It is a method through which therapists find out a person’s everyday stressors. This therapy is a powerful treatment for depression. Combining psychotherapy with medications can be even better and more effective. This also makes the symptoms easier to take. When a person talks about his feelings and problems with a stranger, it can help him or her release certain amount of stress.
- Social support: Talking to a friend or attending group therapies has proven to be beneficial. However, it is important that the person you talk to is someone who you will feel comfortable around. Therefore, it could be someone you know or someone who empathises with you. This is possible either with your close ones or group therapies where the people you talk with, have been going through the same problem you have.
- Meditation: Calmness and meditation can help you channelize your positive energy and thoughts over the negative ones. It can help a person see new perspective, develop forgiveness and compassion. Much like exercise, meditating briefly can help you gain immediate effects. It helps a person get over depression. This happens over time. One might not be successful in releasing their stress at once. It is a process that takes time.
The treatment that you get for your depression will depend on the kind of depression that you have. Some might get psychotherapy while others might get antidepressants or for some, exercise could be enough.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!