Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Urologists in India. You will find Urologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit Mehta
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit MehtaYour feedback matters!
I do not know why there is odour arising from my vagina. Everytime I urinate, I rinse that portion with water, I change underwear everyday, I also drink lots of water. What am I doing wrong?
My mother age 60. She is suffering from urine inf. Her leg was swelling all the time. Due to swelling she cant walk long n due to swelling she cant sit properly at the time of potty. Every test has been done but no result has been so far. To know the problem. Just she do home remedies. Put hot water on legs to get relex. Sir please help me with your suggestion.
What are the symptoms of colorectum / anal cancer? What are the possibilities of a healthy 23 year old who does not smoke drink vegetarian and no family history of cancer of any kind having colon rectum n anal cancer? I have the following problem since yesterday. I traveled to a place which was super hot and I dint keep myself hydrated at all bcuz of this when I went to pass motion I had to strain myself a lot. Then the 2 other times that I used the toilet, there was no pain the stool was ok with no blood but had little mucus. But after I cleaned the anal area with water I saw a little bloody mucus coming out and when I put water I get a pricking sensation. I had Anal fissure a month back which was cured with medicines. I read about colon rectum n anal cancer on Google. And now m very scared bcuz the symptom they mentioned are same as mine. Can I get a clear guidance from a doctor on this? I know this problem is something that should be examined. And I will go to a doctor in person. But as off now only this one question is bothering me whether the symptoms I mentioned suggest cancer?
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.