Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sujata Sadadekar
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sujata SadadekarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from vitiligo since past 4 years. Spots are mostly on covered areas, few of them are on elbow also. As it has started coming on open skin I am getting a little worried. I am taking homeopathy medicines since past 2.5 years and getting treated by a doctor also in Mumbai since last 1 year. I am stil getting new marks though the frequency is low and marks are also of light colour. Wanted to understand if this is at all curable and what is the reason of getting this disorder. In my family my maternal uncle had vitiligo but other than him no one ever had this. This is really depressing and making me lose my confidence. I am based at Mumbai, if possible also suggest a specialist with whom I can start treatment. Thanks Pratibha.
I'm 20 years old gal. My face and body get tanned drastically so pls give me some useful reply. Med or cream.
When skin is infected by a fungus, the resultant infection is called tinea corporis (ringworm). It is most common in athletes and children. The infection may appear on the scalp, beards, groin, in between the toes and other places.
Tinea corporis can be caused by:
1. Skin contact
2. It is contagious, so if you use towels, bed linens and clothes of an infected person, you will get infected too.
3. Touching a pet infected by tinea corporis.
Signs and Symptoms:
1. The rash starts as a scant area of red, bumpy pimples and spots. Then the rash forms a ring, with raised, red borders and a clear middle. The border might look scaly.
2. The rash may show up on face, legs, arms or other body areas which are exposed.
3. The area feels itchy. It might also be flaky and dry. You might even experience hair loss in the infected area.
The skin in the area will be gently scraped off and the sample will be collected. Then, the sample will be viewed under a microscope. That will help discerning, which type of fungus is causing the infection.
The following treatment regime must be followed:
1. The skin must be kept dry and clean.
2. Fungal creams are best. Creams that contain miconazole, ketoconazole, clotrimazole or oxiconazole are excellent for fungal infections.
3. Only apply the cream on clean skin. You can use it twice in a day. Bandaging the infected area is not recommended.
4. To prevent the infection from spreading, wash your towels in warm water and use clean towels every time you bathe. Also, clean the bathroom and wear freshly washed clothes.
5. If pets are infected, treat them as well.
The infection usually goes away under 4 weeks. The infection may branch out to the nails, groin, scalp and feet. Self-care is effective, but if symptoms persist, then do consult a specialist. Ringworms have certain complications, such as scratching the skin too much causes skin infections and other skin disorders, which may need further treatment.