Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas S. GholkarYour feedback matters!
Diabetic since 8 years. Blood sugar & glycogenated hb within normal limits. On sitagliptin 100mg o d, metformin 1 gm bd, glimipride 2 mg hs, methcobalamin 1500 micro gms od, pregabalin 150 mg od. I have parasthesia of soles of feet & numbness of soles since a wk. Please advise.
Sir I am suffering from migration headache from 2 days? what should I do? can I consult the doctor or can I take medicine for headache from medical store.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
A brain surgery is a serious and very complex surgery. There are different kinds of brain surgeries, which are conducted depending on the condition and severity of the disease. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I have persistent numbness in both hand and feet since 5 days. I have done my full body checkup. All report is normal. Bp is 140/90. Dr. prescribe me trineurosol hp inj. Afer taking 3 inh no improvement is seen. What should I do.
I am suffering from severe headache from few days I am scared that it is migraine so what should I do?
A 28 years old female is suffering from migraine and thyroid for last 4 years. Please advise. Regards.
My father in law who is 61 yrs now had undergone angioplasty in 2007. The stent was inserted through the right side. From last year there is numbness (less sensation) on the right thigh and pain occurs when he stands for a long time or walks for about 2 kms. Is it due to the operation or some other cause? kindly advice.
Hello Dr. Mere sir me drd rehta tha Dr. NE Kaha migrane h. CT scan Khuch nhi aaya. But Aajkl left side sir drd k saath saath. Aankh me b Kone me drd hota h. Jb karwat Leti hu Tb jyada. Jabda b drd krta h left side ka. Kya koi serious problem h? Suggest me Dr. Plzz.
Is migraine curable? My wife feels her neck is heavy. What steps could be taken to avoid migraine. Home remedies. Regards.
Under my both feet When I run or jump a step I feel like current Is it nerve problem? Its like burning feeling for a second.
My son is suffering from Autism, can it be cured and what therapies will be needed and where are the best therapies centres.
Hi doctor my question is my age is 34 years since last 3 years my right hand has started shivering. But sine last 1 week I am also observing that I am facing problem (s) like lack of concentration, forgotness, confusion, problem in reading & writing etc. 1 year earlier I met a doctor and he suggested me a thyroid check which was later found found ok he also suggested me to have migrabeta 40 mg twice daily. But my problem is not resolved yet. Kindly suggest.
My mother is suffering from migraine headache from last 30 years, what kind of is treatment for her.
Hi I am feeling that my bare foot many a times becoming senceless from bottom. If I keep this in hot salt water for 15 min. Then I feel better but after 3 days it again gives me numb sensation. What should I do please. Advice.
I am 22years old and I'm suffering from insomnia. Even if during the day I spent sleepless I don't get sleep at night as well and sometimes it causes excruciating headache along with shoulder and neck pain. As being a student this thing is really making me restless. Please help!
The moment when you learn about your child being autistic can be a life changing moment for you. You might feel all the dreams and aspirations which you built around your child come crashing down on a pile of zilch. However, recent developments in this field show that you can certainly take steps to make your child more comfortable and bond well with them.
Autism related disorder usually begin before the age of 3, when the child starts encountering problems in communication and social interaction. This article tries to help you find a way to deal with an autistic child:
- Learn more about autism: Learn about autism as much as you can; a broad understanding of the causes and symptoms of the disorder can help you understand your child better. This will also enable you to respond to your child’s needs better, both physical and psychological.
- Build a strong support system: It is difficult to parent a child who is suffering from autism. Communicating and interacting with your child might be extremely difficult and problematic. In order to overcome this stress, you should have a strong support network, a support network from which you can draw your strength and logic once you have to take major life decisions for your child.
- Review your treatment options: It is advisable to start treatment immediately after the diagnosis is done. Early treatment can help better your child’s cognitive skills that can help him/her cope better with the surroundings and circumstances. The treatment options include behavioral training whereby self-help or social skills training is used to work on the child’s communication skills and behavior. Specialized therapy is another option whereby the therapies are directed at a particular aspect of the child, primarily speech or physical functioning.
- Focus on your child’s diet: Diet plays an important role in the regularization of any disease. Even in case of autism, deficiency of certain vitamins or minerals makes it very important to analyze the diet and then assess it. Consult with the doctor before making any modification to the child’s diet.
- Behavioral training: Behavioral training is an aspect of autism treatment that allows the child to adapt to various conditions. Before a child undergoes behavioral training, it is advised to assess his/her behavior, functional abilities and the environment your child belongs to. The objective of this therapy or training is to induce desired behavior and get rid of the undesirable ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.