Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Suhas S. GholkarYour feedback matters!
I am feeling numbness in right part of my body specially in right arm and leg. This happened two days before also on the same side and reached left hand too. please help, its kind of weird feeling, with a bit of sensation in both the palms.
Hello Doctor, I want to ask what should I do if seizures comes during eating or drinking? My son is suffering from seizures he is 7 years old waiting for your reply.
- Breathing deeply works against onset of tension and helps combat existing tension.sit or lie in comfortable position and take slow deep breaths through Nose.let the air fill from abdomen up then let it like deflating a balloon.slow exhalation helps feel more relaxed.
- Combine relaxation exercises with favourite music
- Get enough sleeps on a regular basis
- Eat regular meals and stay hyderated
- Quit smoking as it increases inflammation and can trigger Migraines
I am a male of 67 years of age, sufetting from Bells Palsy since 7 days. I am a chronic C. O. P. D patient, undergoing treatment with Furacort nabuliser, Budetrol & Tiova inhaler along with tab Deriphyllin Retard 300 BD & performing breathing exercises as directed by an eminent Pulmonologist (D M) of Guwahati, now normal. please suggest how can I go for Facial Palsy (left)
I have headache almost 10 years I'm also consulted my doctor my doctor told me have migraine problem doctor suggest me a lemolate tab I'm taking this medicine after that my headache is not relief pls sir I have no idea about this headache problem. If any medicine and suggestions for me. Thank you.
My father (45 years) is having fits. He has dat problem since childhood but its vry sad n depressing to see my father when he gets it. He had one yesterday n even today which lasted for 2-3 minutes. His medical report is all clear. Is it a serious problem? I want to know abt this issue. please help me.
I am 50 years of age male. I feel sleepy always at any point of time. It is a problem with me since my child hood. While driving or travelling or talking or studying I feel sleepy and feel embarrassed among others. I am a normal human being, non-diabetic, no blood pressure, cholesterol level is almost normal excepting LDL i.e.129 (as per last report 15 days back ). I am very active, go for regular exercise, yoga to keep me fit. Pl. Suggest me to over come this problem. I also want to add that I never face sleeplessness during night even after drowzing hours of 3 to 4 every day. Is it a neurological disorder? Pl. Suggest.
I am 20yrs old and I am facing problem of numbness in my foot. Can you tell me the reason and exercises.
I suffer from insomnia. At night I don't enjoy sound sleep. Strangely,I don't have problem in sleep during daytime. Please advise me how to combat this problem. I'm 60.
Hello I am 27 years old I am suffering from lack of sleep. My sleep time is 12 am to 9 am but I am not able to get proper sleep. Feel insomnia. I am shifting my side whole night and even not feeling comfortable and sleepy. This is second time happening. First time I wasn't able to sept for more than 20 nights and days as well. My heart rates also increase some times at night. No pain nothing but m feeling my heart is having pressure or something like that. I do 2 hours of gym workout. please help.
Hello, I do not why I am feeling little bit numbness in my right side body like right leg and right hand .its not heavy but little bit .i am feeling very dis comfort and please suggest.
Dr. hume migrain hai so ye bataye ki kya iska koi ilaj hai india mai aur kuch suggest kriye kaise ye thik hoga please Dr. bcz bahut dard hota hai body mai.
I am a 33 year old male and have parkinson disease for last 15 years. What should I do? i have visited so many doctors, but no fruitful result came till date.
My father is paralysed and he is using leofin 10 for longer time but we don't see any improvement is there any alternative medicine for this.
Facial nerve palsy . Sir I'm in great trouble sir I have so many tension in mind related to Facial nerve PALSY . I do not have any symptoms related to palsy neither any pain nor any drooping nor any any other then why sir mam advised me to go for MRI sir plzz help me I have been thinking over it and thinking it is making me uncomfortable sir please advice me suggested way to get rid of negative thinking.
Sir my name is sumit sahgal. My mother has been migraine for two year. I checkup very doctor. But no good result. What am I?
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
Brain surgeries are now much safer with advancements in medical science.