Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sudhir Gokral
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Sudhir GokralYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from pcod. I have irregular periods. I am having periods only after the intake of meprate. I am unable to conceive. I have gained weight from 65 to 80 kg. I want to know. How I can get cured and conceived.
Dr. I always suffer with white flow because of that I fell weakness body pain head ache many more things street.
Fasting has some super beneficial effects on health. Of late it has become increasingly popular among the health-conscious community. Even dietician and health practitioners have started recommending fasting once a week for the overall good health and well-being. Here is an article that will run through some major health benefits of fasting:
- Fasting helps in weight loss: Many studies have proved that fasting is the safest way to burn calories. It is more effective compared to plain dieting. Fasting helps the body to effectively use the fat cells. Even athletes these days are recommended to fast for a day to keep up the shape of the body.
- Insulin sensitivity: As per a study published in the FlemmingDela Journal of Applied Physiology, fasting has a very affirmative effect on the insulin sensitivity of the body. Insulin becomes more alert and can effectively communicate the cells to exchange glucose from the blood.
- Ramp up metabolism: Fasting occasionally can rest the digestive system. It helps the metabolism to get energized that helps to burn the calories effectively. For people who has a problem with digestion, fasting once a week can pay rich dividends to improve metabolism. Fasting also aids bowel function.
- Fasting improves longevity: Absurd as it may sound, studies conducted by the University of Tokyo have shown that fasting has a direct co-relation with longevity. The study had shown that one of the reasons people age is due to a slower metabolism. Fasting helps a person to maintain an agile metabolism. Fasting once a week can increase the lifespan of a person.
- Fasting enhances hunger: Fasting can effectively manage the hormones of the body. The smooth flow of the hormone helps a person feel true hunger. This is especially true for the obese patients. They do not get the correct signal of hunger. Longer the duration of fasting better are the chances of the hormone sending the correct hunger signals to the neurons. Fasting half a day, twice a week can do a world of good to an individual.
- Improves eating pattern: People suffering from binge eating disorders, find it hard to establish the eating pattern due to work priorities. There is a major chunk of people who do not eat anything till the sunset because of work pressure. They tend to eat quite a lot from evening onwards. This is a dangerous eating pattern. It can result in indigestion, putting on weight etc. Fasting once in a week can greatly help this lot to get their appetite back in the day time.
Fasting can clear the acne: Fasting can greatly assist in clearing acne. This is possible since the body gets freed from the work of digestion and can focus on regenerating the energy to all part of the skin.
I am 28 years old. I got married in Jan 2016. I have only one and half day period in every month but my period is regular. Cycle is28 days. Why I am nt conceiving.
My wife is feeling like vomits, uneasiness. She is also going through periods. We too have unprotected physical activity, is their any chance of getting pregnant.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
I am taking thyroxine 50 for more than 6 years. My problem is post pregnancy I have irregular periods. please suggest.
Anxiety is a very normal emotion, which gives rise to feelings of nervousness every now and then. An anxiety disorder is a serious medical condition in which people experience a high degree of distress and mental trauma, which causes difficulties in leading a normal life. People suffering from this medical condition experience high levels of anxiety and nervousness almost all the time. Here are the symptoms that indicate you're suffering from anxiety disorder.
1. Excessive worry - This condition persists if you worry about the day to day activities a bit too much on a regular basis. It is identified when you start taking too much stress about very petty things, which tends to affect you in an adverse manner. A noticeable sign of excessive worry can be too much fatigue.
2. Sleep problems - Problems falling asleep at the right time and problems in maintaining a sound sleep are two signs that indicate you have an anxiety disorder.
3. Irrational fears - This symptom is not generalized; instead, it is specific and subjective in relation to a particular thing or situation. The fears that are experienced under this category are sudden and unexpected in nature and there is no fixed rationale behind these fears.
4. Muscle tension - Muscle discomfort and pain is one of the leading physiological causes of an anxiety disorder. The pain felt is chronic and pervasive, and is very common among people facing situations of anxiety. If you are exposed to constant periods of anxiety, you will experience fatigue, muscle pains and unwillingness to work.
5. Chronic indigestion - Problems related to the digestive system are also a sign of anxiety disorder. In this case, you may face constant digestive problems accompanied by a common disorder called IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). IBS refers to an anxiety situation in the digestive tract, which is characterized by stomach aches, cramping, bloating, gas, constipation, and/or diarrhea.
Apart from the above-mentioned symptoms, other symptoms of an anxiety disorder include stage fright, self- consciousness, panic attacks, memory flashbacks, perfectionism, compulsive behaviors, self- doubt, and such others.