Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sonali
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SonaliYour feedback matters!
Hello doc, my friend's daughter 17 month old getting boil on his body in palms legs hands. When appling oinment it goes away. After some day coming back past whole month it going on.
What is viral fever?
Viral fever refers to an acute infection caused by the action of viruses. Flu or influenza is the most common form of viral fever. Since viral fever is contagious, when an infected person sneezes or coughs the virus spreads and comes in contact with other people. Children can remain contagious for about 10 days if they get the early symptoms of viral fever. Children who are younger than two years are at an increased risk of developing complications pertaining to viral fever. Controlling the symptoms of cold, fever and cough can cure viral fever.
Symptoms of viral fever
Fever and chills are the early signs of viral fever. Children suffering from viral fever will feel pain throughout their body. Other common signs and symptoms involving viral fever include cough, cold, runny nose, sore throat, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and stomach ache.
Certain preventive measures against viral fever
- Keeping your child away from anyone who is sick is advisable. To prevent the germs from spreading ask everyone to use tissues while they sneeze or cough. Make sure that your family member maintains good hygiene habits if he/she is suffering from diarrhea or is vomiting.
- To prevent coming in contact with germs wash your and your child's hands properly
- Seasonal changes are the thriving phase for viruses so take precautionary measures during those periods of the year
Tips for quicker recovery of your child
1. Offer enough drinks - A child gets dehydrated through fever, vomiting, and diarrhea. Oral Rehydration Salts can be given to little ones as it contains all the essential nutrients. This can be given to a baby even if he/she is just in breastfeeding stage.
2. Feed them special food - Soft and semi-liquid foods can be given to your child if he/she older than 6 months. Foods like dals, soups, and curd with sugar are advisable for your child. As he/she gradually gets stronger thicker foods like mashed vegetable can be added to his/her diet.
3. Ensure that your child gets adequate rest - Since viral fever is contagious it is advisable to let your child sleep in a separate room. Since the fever causes fatigue adequate rest is required for recovery. This will also prevent him/her from getting the other family members infected.
4. Sponge your child's body - Sponging your child's body with lukewarm water can control high fever.
5. Maintain proper hygiene - It is essential to wash your hands before and after touching your child to prevent the infection from spreading to the other family members.
We have a 6 years old baby. Frequently she is vomiting many times, she have fever and headache what should we do? Please advise.
Meri Beti 3 and half month ki hai usko sardi hula hai but mere yaha garmi bahut jayada hai bina ac k nahi raha jata kya ac chalane se sardi par bad effect parega pls tell me baby ko kitni temperature me comfortable feel hota hai.
Sir please suggest foods that help in building immunity against cough n cold. My daughter suffers often from cough n cold n tends to lose weight rapidly. Please suggest.
My grandson has club foot (left) from birth. His affected foot was kept in plaster for three months immediately after birth and some exercises later on. Now he is 12 years old and walk freely unless somebody observe carefully. He can't run freely, as foot is never flat on ground. Is there any treatment by Physiotherapy or other way out? I request for response with clarity for future course.
Every time a child consumes junk food, his immune system is weakened. Junk foods disrupt the growth of a child physically and mentally. For e.g. sugar weakens the immunity, brain cells and destroys the gut. It also feeds bad bacteria, which can overcome the good bacteria.
Since kids are young, their bodies are capable of healing itself if the right conditions are provided. They needn’t undergo any rigid detox plans or cleanse. Even simple changes in their eating habits go a long way such as:
1. GET THEM ON TRACK WITH HYDRATION:-
Water is the simplest way to detox. Getting their bodies hydrated ensures proper functioning of eliminatory organs and maintains an alkaline pH. Add a slice of lemon to their water and you further enhance its detoxing power. Junk foods are also dehydrating in a way so consuming water helps.
2. GET THEM TO EAT RAW FOODS:-
Every time your child eats fruits or vegetables, their system gets into detox mode. Encourage more of raw foods in your child’s diet like soaked nuts, seeds, fruits, salads, and veggie juices. Explore recipes that revolve around raw food like cacao almond milkshake with dates or a colourful fruit platter and let your children help in making these foods.
3. ADD FIBRE TO THEIR DIET
Nothing clogs up our gut like junk food. This can lead to constipation and a buildup of toxins within the gut, which is the most important detox organ of our body. Design meals and snacks around fibrous foods like hummus with carrot and cucumber sticks, green moong pancakes, grated carrot with honey yogurt dressing, mashed pea patties, mixed bean salad and watermelon chunks with crushed nuts/seeds.
4. ENCOURAGE OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES
Sweating is another way through which the body gets rid of toxins. Keep their video games out of sight and make them play outdoors. It could be running, walking, jumping up and down, playing in the garden, skating, badminton, football, skipping, cycling, etc. Playing also helps in stimulating lymphatic drainage and developing better cognitive function in them, so it’s a win-win situation.