Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Snehal Yadav
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal YadavYour feedback matters!
I get throat pain and cough in 4 to 5 months and it's hurts I hate to take medicine please tell some home remedies.
I have some pain in my left neck. Jaw and ear ent doctor adv face xray_normal report .throat swabculture+susceptibility report say _gram positive cocci in pairs and chain. Doctor adv azithromycin montemac_L and some other medi. But after sometime problem is back. Pls adv me some medicines.
A nose bleed can take place due to a number of reasons, which usually all boil down to acute dryness of the nasal passages. The nosebleed and dryness can stem from sinus, allergic reactions, constant blowing of the nose, infections, and also during very harsh winter months when there is no lubrication in the nose. Nose bleed can also occur due to conditions, such as high blood pressure and when a foreign object gets stuck inside the nose.
Here are a few tips on treating nosebleeds:
- First step: The very first action when you experience a nose bleed should be to sit down. Once you are sitting, you should firmly pinch the spot that is soft. This lies just above the nostril. Do this for at least ten to fifteen minutes. The trick is to stay upright rather than lying down as this will bring down the blood pressure in the nasal blood vessels to stop further bleeding.
- Breathe: Breathe with your mouth as you lean forward to help in draining the blood into your nose, rather than out of it or towards the throat.
- Ice compress: Find a bag of frozen corn or peas in your freezer or an ice pack, and press this firmly against the nose to help in stemming the bleeding. As you are doing so, do not forget to cover the bridge of your nose with a towel so that it prevents you from catching a cold.
?Medication and side effects: If you are on any kind of anticoagulants that end up thinning the blood, then you may immediately want to see your doctor about a possible side effects and a change in the medication. This could also be an effect of haemophilia where the bleeding does not stop.
What it can indicate?
- Children: If a child who is under the age of two years suffers from such nosebleeds, then you will need to rush him or her to the doctor immediately as it could point at a more serious problem.
- Anaemia: Nose bleeds could also suggest the presence of anaemia, so you may want to see your doctor about lab tests to determine and possibly rule out this cause. You can also start medication accordingly for this kind of an ailment.
- Nasal Packing: The doctor can carry out this procedure with the help of gauze that can seal the spot where the bleeding is happening.
- Cautery: This is a minor procedure that involves burning the blood vessel that is causing the persistent bleeding with a stick of silver nitrate. The stick will be inserted after local anaesthesia is administered to the patient.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I was suffering from chikungunya. Now I am recovering. But I have too much mouth ulcers and sore throat. I've so much pain in mouth. Can I take Levofloxacin 500/ Azithromycin 500 for that? Does it have any severe side effects? Please explain. Thank you.
M not able to eat anything. I am having throat pain. And fever. everything m eating is bitter. Help me out.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat small frequent meals.
- Do not skip any meal.
- Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in diet.
- Eat a combination of carbs (whole grains, oats, brown rice) , fats (good fats like flax seeds, walnuts,olive oil, fish etc) , and lean protein.
- Get good minimum 8 hours of sleep.
- Exercise regularly.
- Don't stress.
- Avoid junk foods loaded with sugar, caffeine, preservatives, etc.
- Don't deprive yourself of adequate sleep.