Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Snehal N KothariYour feedback matters!
You often consume a much higher amount of sugar than you should actually, as it is widely present in a very high number of foods and beverages. Research suggests that this excessive sugar consumption may ultimately be very harmful for your health - and that it may badly harm your skin. Experts believe that too much intake of sugar can make your skin look wrinkled or dull, and also lead to a host of other skin-related disorders. Here are the ways in which excessive sugar consumption affects your skin:
- Causes inflammation: Inflammation, caused by excess sugar intake, can be really damaging for the body - especially because it negatively impacts your immune system, and may lead to frequent breakouts on the skins and increased chances of pimples or warts.
- Increases wrinkling: Sugar's inflammatory properties not only lead to breakouts on the skin, but also cause wrinkles. Collagen, which is essential for healthy, supple skin, is broken down by sugar, which makes the skin look dehydrated and dull, also increasing the chances of premature wrinkling.
- Causes imbalances in blood sugar level: Excessive sugar consumption causes irregularities in blood sugar levels by initially increasing sugar levels, which then reduces when insulin in released into your cells. It often ends up making you hungry, moody or shaky and increases stress levels leading to dull looking skin.
- Leads to occurrence of acne: Increased intake of sugar results in stimulation of hormone levels which raises sebum production and in turn affects growth of skin cells. This may be reason of acne. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist and ask a free question.
I am 52 years old, having no health problems so far but some times I feel heaviness in the chest heart side, whether it is muscular pain or some heart problem is getting developed? I don't smoke, drink or eat non-veg food. Daily walk for 45 mins or say 4-5 kms, exercise daily for 30 mins. Even can climb 16 storied building without any fatigue or so. Will some doctor explain this phenomenon? thanks in advance.
My bp is fluctuating daily from 90 to145. I am taking telma plain tablet daily. My age is 73 years. I am taking 1 ecosprin daily in the morning. What should I do to make it normal.
Life style changes including exercise versus angioplasty- stenting, events like heart attack,stroke and death were less in patients treated with life style changes and more in patients treated with angioplasty-stenting.
I'm 25 years female. In my cholesterol report before few years showed that, total cholesterol - 123mg, LDL - 67, HDL - 37, triglycerides- 60. Although I'm over weight, with lower cholesterol. What should I do now? I'm confused. Please help me doc.
My boy have got BP its about 155/100. Doc told to check ECG, blood sugar, cholesterol etc. Every thing is normal except cholesterol . Its 250mg. His age is 28. Because of cholesterol did he got BP? And tell me how to control cholesterol and BP. Thank you.
I am a boy I have a pain on the left side of the chest & also a pain on the neck- vein. How it disappear doctor? It is happen while I am sleeping. Pls reply & give remedy.
Health experts do believe and are promoting the same nowadays, that eating right is the best step to control high blood pressure other than regular medications. Who knows, if you are strong enough to control your lifestyle and eating habits, you may not need a long term medication after some time. The blood pressure may lower down naturally with improving health and weight.
Factors that elevate blood pressure in the body.
Before suggesting the right eatables for lowering the blood pressure, let’s look at the conditions which actually increase the blood pressure. They are:
- A coronary heart disease
- Work pressure or family and relationship troubles
- Other medical conditions like diabetes, depression, etc.
Each one has a toll on the body with resultant High Blood Pressure. With eating right you may gain a lot of control on the body.
Here are some quick tips on eating right:
Avoid excess salt intake. The more salt you take, the more sodium your body gets, and as a result BP elevates. When you eat readymade snacks, packaged foods and drinks with preservatives, check the nutritional information. Most of them contain high sodium. You may stop the intake of such foods or restrict them completely.
Avoid oily and junk food. Avoid food with unsaturated or trans fats. These kinds of foods straightaway add to the fat deposits of the body, and make you obese or more obese. In such cases, the obesity and increased weight build a pressure on the heart to pump more, thus elevating blood pressure.
Avoid excess caffeine. Caffeine comes in the body through coffee, tea, and aerated drinks. These beverages when restricted to only 1-2 intakes per day may help you lower the BP.
Quit smoking, as this puts excess pressure on the lungs to breathe and thus the heart to pump.
Reduce alcohol intake: Avoid alcohol intake in excess amounts. Drinking more alcohol or frequent drinking can elevate blood pressure.
Besides there are some good foods that can always help to lower or control BP. They are:
- Plain, fat-free yogurt or Greek yogurt
- White beans
- Pork tenderloins
- Small fishes like Tilapia
- Bell Peppers
These food items are designed by nature to reduce blood pressure or normalize blood pressure in the body. Hence, if you are trying heart and soul to eat right, then try these in your daily food to see positive results. Besides, exercising and reducing weight are the two other important steps to take, which complement the healthy diet and eating habits to lower the blood pressure with or without medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
My blood pressure is 140/90 and I am 50. I exercise daily and take high fibre dash diet. I want to keep off medication due to its dangerous side effects. I want to lead a natural life. I have no other medical issue and I am fully fit and fine. Is that OK,
- All diabetics must check blood sugars at home with glucometer.
- If too much tiredness, that may be the sign of low sugars needing dose reduction.
Flaxseed is also known Linseed and its scientific name is Linum usitatissimum, belongs to the member genus Linum and family Linaceae.It was originated from Mediterranean centre and now a days it is worldwide. In India it has been known for years.
This tiny seed is packed with micronutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy cholesterol that help fight from diseases such as, heart disease, cancer, hot flashes(protect from toxicity of radiation), diabetes, etc.
Health benefits of flaxseed:-
- It is fair source of antioxidants (lignan) that has estrogen that helps to regulate hormonal imbalance in women.
- Good source of Omega 3 fatty acids, These are essential poly unsaturated fatty acids that are crucial for healthy heart(dilate arteries) and Prevent cancer.
- It is good source of fibre and low carbohydrate content so It is also helpful to control diabetes
- It helps in weight loss.
- It helps in lowering cholesterol and helpful for skin and hair.
- Nutritional information:- (Per 100 gms)