Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Siwangi SawantYour feedback matters!
Dear sir, I am physically handicap person by one leg. I work as a photographer in my own studio. My problem is left side back pain is occur when I standup. And how to reduce my weight without any exercise. I work on computer, more than 16 hours/day. No .pain in my eye. Only some itches some time. Please advice sir.
Hlo I am anu a student. I have to study for long hours may b due to which my left shoulder pains a lot. Can ddis b related to cervical spondy. Should I go fr a test for it?
Hello sir /mam Now a days I am feeling that I got tiered early my age is 26 and I am software engineer. Also when I walk in my legs they pain in some part like above finger, below know like blood get clot or blue green happens (haara neela hona) so why this is happening.
I have been having knee pain for a long time since I have been exercising . Both the knees doesn't seem equal. Kindly suggest cure for this .
I am newly came in a new palace for a college degree, so what to do maintain my health as I was a very healthy. Suddenly I am looking like a small man. What is the best protection to get addition for this. I wanna come at my initial point to restore. It very occur to see a suddenly changed body. So please help me to overcome from this problem.
I am a 45 yr old woman. I have a realy very bad backpain sometimes it got severe like I c' nt stand straigh .Please suggest
All limbs, joints,knee pains, more right knee to foot even after taking Dr. ortho capsules 2-0-2, oil for 6 months caused by acupuncture treatment for diabetes, kindly advise.
: L3, 4, 5 and S1 intervertebral discs are degenerated and L4-5 shows posterolateral forminal disc protrusion which has compromised lateral neural canal. Prolonged sitting and jerky rides do not suit me. What should I do to get back my normal life and resume work. Is riding a bicycle good for me. I don't know swimming. Pls advise. Thanks.
I am 45 years old female, I have backache as well as headache before my periods and after that also. I feel tiredness all day. What should I do?
The bones and joints orchestrate very well with each other for smooth movements of various joints and the spine. However, due to various reasons, some identified and others unknown, there could be inflammation of the areas where the bones join the muscles leading to impaired movement. The range of motion could be reduced or it could be painful, thereby, limiting movement. Spondyloarthritis includes a group of inflammatory diseases that involves the bones and joints and enthuses which are areas where the ligaments and tendons attach to the bones. This causes conditions like plantar fasciitis, ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis and reactive arthritis. The term spondyloarthritis is a blanket term to describe any of the above-mentioned conditions.
Read on to know a little more in detail about it:
Causes: While the exact etiology is not identified for sure, most patients with spondyloarthritis have an autosomal dominant gene (HLA-B27). Chronic infections could trigger the onset of the disease too.
1. In all forms of spondyloarthritis, there is always inflammation of the spine, joints and entheses. If the fingers or toes are involved, there could be swelling leading to what are typically known as 'sausage digits'.
2. There is sacroiliitis which is inflammation of the joint between the pelvis and the spine, and spondylitis which is inflammation of the joints between the spines. 3. Family history and autosomal dominant gene.
A detailed medical history and physical examination form the cornerstone of a confirmed diagnosis. In addition, radiographic examination and diagnostic blood tests also could be done to confirm the diagnosis. Radiographs, especially, of the spine and the low back show typical changes including sacroilitis in suspected cases of spondyloarthritis. If the spine does not show these changes, but there is a high likelihood of spondyloarthritis, then MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) can be used to confirm the diagnosis.
As a final step, a blood test for the HLA-B27 gene can also be confirmatory. However, it is not true that a person with the gene will definitely develop the disease.
- The most important aspect of treatment is the use of pain medications and anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which help manage pain and inflammation.
- Corticosteroid injections may sometimes be given directly into the joint spaces or the membranes to provide quick relief of these symptoms.
- ESWT / RSWT has a definite role to cure enthesopathy. Plantar fasciitis, and achillodynia can be cured with ESWT. Even small joints of hand and feet are amenable to treatment with RSWT. It is nonoperative and noninvasive treatment and has no side effects.
- Very rarely, stronger drugs such as methotrexate or sulfasalazine may be used.
- Another set of drugs known as TNF-blockers (tumor necrotizing factor blockers) are also shown to be highly effective in controlling the pain of the spine and joints.
- In very severe cases, surgery may be required to correct joint damages or correct severe degenerative changes.
- Exercise plays a very vital role in controlling the issue and improving range of motion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.