Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siddika Panjwani
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Siddika PanjwaniYour feedback matters!
Hai am Sanjeev. Am suffering from stammering problem since my childhood. My age 26. Is there any treatment to solve permanently. Pls help me. Send valuable suggestions. than you.
My age is 16 yrs. I am smoking daily 2 cigrate per day. N I wanna become a athlete. could my lungs be 100% recovered.
It's right that smoking decrease the human stamina. Or muscle power. And if it's true how much smoking need to do that in a day.
Hi am 29 year old married female, I am completely disturbed mentally, and I have lost sleep as well, many confusions are running in my mind, not able to concentrate on any thing. Due to that I was above to loose my job, people who were caring are least bothered about me now, feeling loneliness, and feel am fed up this life. Please help me out of this.
I have been feeling low and sad earlier in previous months from time to time due to some issues but dt I tried to ignore and frgt and get along well. Bt since past 2-3 months its like a constant thing now. I am numb and neither do feel sad or happy. If something gd happens m fine and if I have an issue or a fight or an argument m like numb. Like I don't even get angry nor anything and don't even want to discuss or say anything abt it. I was a social person but now m not. I don't want to meet or see any1. I don't wanna talk or even listen to any1. It irritates me a lot when someone is trying to explain me or is trying to make me understand abt my life. I feel like I should either walk away or bang d phone, to me its useless and just want to end it. I don't remember when was d last tym I laughed its been a month I guess. Nothing delights me not even music which was my all tym fav. I want to stay in my room n just sleep. I have 104/63 bp and 95 pulse normally. I feel tired and hopeless and sick. I don't know whether is it depression or not. But m no more What I was. Need help badly.
Iam 38 years old, 90 kgs, female, even getting the treatment some times when I feel anxiety, angry or depressed I get severe headache nausea pls advise me how to get relief of pain and what is the reason.
I am 18 year old .I will try concentate.But i will cannot conscentrte in studiess. I will try to learn after learning if any one ask i will cannot gives the answer. If any ask .My brain was like totally was.That i will cannot learn any thing. Please suggest me any medicines to improves my thinking power and improvement of brain. And yadaas bhi thik ho jaya. Please suggest me any medicines. And one i will confirm that . Mere head pe kabhi bhi chhote nhi laggi hai. Please suggest me any medicine? to improve my mentally power.
When you're under fire at work, juggling multiple responsibilities at home, or going through a difficult time emotionally, these are the foods you should reach for.
1. Dark chocolate
- If you're one of these individuals who get a nice mood boost whenever you sink your teeth into a bar of pure, unadulterated chocolate, it is not happenstance.
- There's actually a chemical reason called anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced in your brain that temporarily blocks feelings of pain and depression.
- It's a derivative of the sanskrit word" bliss" and one of the great things about chocolate is that it not only produces this compound, it also contains other chemicals that prolong the" feel-good" aspects of anandamide. Chocolate has even been referred to as" the new anti-anxiety drug"
- One study in the journal of psychopharmacology2 also revealed that people who drank an antioxidant-rich chocolate drink equal to about 1.5 ounces of dark chocolate daily felt calmer than those who did not.
A small amount of high-quality source of protein – like organic eggs, a piece of gouda cheese, or a handful of macadamia nuts or pecans – helps keep your blood sugar levels steady for enhanced energy and mood.
Bananas contain dopamine, a natural reward chemical that boosts your mood. They're also rich in b vitamins, including vitamin b6, which help soothe your nervous system, and magnesium, another nutrient associated with positive mood.
Coffee appears to affect a number of neurotransmitters related to mood control, so drinking a morning cup could have an effect on your general sense of wellbeing. Research has also shown that coffee triggers a mechanism in your brain that releases bdnf, which activates your brain stem cells to produce new neurons, thereby improving your brain health.
Interestingly enough, research also suggests that low bdnf levels may play a significant role in depression, and that increasing neurogenesis has an antidepressant effect! 3
5. Turmeric (curcumin)
Curcumin, the pigment that gives the spice turmeric its yellow-orange color, is thought to be responsible for many of its medicinal effects. Among them, curcumin has neuroprotective properties and may enhance mood and possibly help with depression. 4
6. Purple berries
Anthocyanins are the pigments that give berries like blueberries and blackberries their deep color. These antioxidants aid your brain in the production of dopamine, a chemical that is critical to coordination, memory function, and your mood.
7. Omega-3 fats
Found in salmon or supplement form, such as krill oil, the omega-3 fats epa and dha play a role in your emotional well-being. One study in brain behavior and immunity5 showed a dramatic 20 percent reduction in anxiety among medical students taking omega-3, while past research has shown omega-3 fats work just as well as antidepressants6 in preventing the signs of depression, but without any of the side effects.
8. Oolong tea
Sipping oolong tea might help you feel calm, as it contains high levels of gamma-aminobutyric acid (gaba), an amino acid that helps inhibit the firing of neurons in your brain for an overall calming, anti-anxiety effect.
9. Fermented foods
- Fermented foods like fermented vegetables and kefir are rich in beneficial bacteria that have a marked impact on your gut health, which in turn impacts your mood. Your gut is literally your second brain – created from the identical tissue as your brain during gestation – and contains larger amounts of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which is associated with mood control.
- Beneficial bacteria have a direct effect on brain chemistry, transmitting mood- and behavior-regulating signals to your brain via your vagus nerve. For instance, the probiotic lactobacillus rhamnosus was found to have a marked effect on gaba levels in certain brain regions and lowered the stress-induced hormone corticosterone, resulting in reduced anxiety- and depression-related behavior.
One kiwifruit contains more than 85 percent of the daily recommended amount of vitamin c, and that's good news for your stress levels. Vitamin c actually helps reduce your body's production of stress hormones8 while boosting your immune function (so much the better for warding off stress-induced illness)