Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shirish ShethYour feedback matters!
Ladies after menopause should compulsorily take calcium and Vitamin-D supplements. Is it necessary? I am 44 now & menopause at 42. My current serum calcium lvl - 9.0 & 25-OH Vitamin-D - 25.7. Very often I used to get joint pains. Intake of calcium & Vitamin-D tablets will cause side effects. Please advise.
During the first three months of your pregnancy, you need to take immense care of yourself; especially if this is your first pregnancy. There are a few mandatory guidelines which need to be followed while you are in your first trimester. These guidelines are explained in detail below:
- Make sure you are really pregnant: When you are first diagnosed with pregnancy, it is always recommended that you double check the fact. This is because there are increasing cases of false pregnancies, especially when Home Urine Pregnancy Kits are used which are bought from medical stores. Thus, when you do find out that you are pregnant, it is best to visit a clinic or Gynecologist and recheck it once for mental satisfaction and complete confirmation. For a proper Urine Pregnancy test, early morning first sample of urine is utilised.
- Make sure you have a health insurance: If you have never worried about health insurance, then this is the time that you think about it seriously. Pregnancy vitamins, medications, procedures, vaccinations, and the delivery itself usher in a lot of financial burden. Thus, it is best to get your medical insurance at hand. The benefits of this can be availed whenever you need it and it can save you from drilling a hole in your pocket. Health Insurance for Pregnancy is NOT offered by all companies, so find the ones which offer you this facility and if needed change your insurance provider. For those who are employed, and are having Group insurance, usually the insurance benefits are offered by the companies, so they are covered. But one must need to confirm it from your insurance agents/company.
- Take your vitamins regularly: During your pregnancy period, your body goes through a lot of hormonal and physical changes. Hence, certain mild vitamin tablets, health supplements and the like are prescribed to be taken regularly. Some vitamins like Folic acid are required for the baby’s development and in some women who don’t take folic acid tablets a higher incidence of neurologic defects are noted. So to avoid any untoward fetal developmental effects taking Folic acid is the least one can do. Don’t take any “Over the Counter “ vitamins from a medical store or those marketed by MLM groups under various false promises. Your gynaecologist will prescribe the right and adequate ones. Seeing a Gynaecologist and having the pregnancy process under supervision is the easiest way to better outcome. Taking excess vitamins is in no way beneficial so avoid “self-medication”.
- Quit smoking and drinking: Smoking and drinking affect the health of the fetus adversely. Thus, mothers-to-be are advised to give up smoking and drinking at least till their pregnancy period is over. The toxic fumes of the smoke affect the growth of the growing foetus, and also causes problems with the development of placenta which provides nourishment to the baby. Drinks too hinder the development of the child. Thus, these two must be primarily avoided till the foetus develops and the baby is delivered. If a mother-to-be indulges in these habits during the pregnancy, then the child might have development complications and the pregnancy would turn into a complicated one.
Hence, these are some of the major know how’s of taking care during the first trimester of your pregnancy. This is a period which needs to be enjoyed to the core as you are going to step into a new role, that of a mother. But, you also need to be cautious of your health and even the slightest uneasiness must be reported immediately, lest it develops into something complicated in the future. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
Hi im five month pregnant and my uterus is just open now. And dctr said that early pregnancy will done in this situation. So my gynecologist do stitch to my uterus and say I take complete bed rest for 2 months. Is it safe for walking and do some works in this condition?
Yesterday I was intimated with my girlfriend and I rubbed my penis with her vagina and my penis get into her vagina a very little. I didn't release sperm during this stupid mistake. My penis got wet a little bit which is normal while I thought of sexual activity but her vagina got wet more. This was our first time and I am quite worried about her pregnancy. What should I do now? Her period usually comes on 25th day of month but this month it came on 19 october. Should I give her Unwanted 72? Please tell me what should I do now? Can she be pregnant?.
Natural child birth is a process of giving birth to a child with no or little medical interference. In spite of the severe labor pain, many women decide to go for natural child birth because they find the experience beneficial. One of the best advantages that you can expect from a natural child birth is being in full control of your body.
- Utmost care: From the time you conceive until your delivery, hospitals are expected to take the best care of both the mother and the child. At the best child care hospitals, paediatrics should be able to put themselves in your place and aspire to take care of your child. Reliable child care hospitals should have the ability to ensure smooth and safe delivery of the child.
- Expertise: Child care hospitals must provide best paediatric services. Paediatrics deal with child care and that requires a high level of expertise. A child's health and well-being should be of paramount importance for any best child care hospital. The team of doctors should possess wide - ranging knowledge because they have been entrusted with the responsibility of taking care of your child's health. Besides these the hospital's team should include trained nurses; highly qualified and experienced medical workers.
- Work dedicatedly: Doctors from the best child care hospitals should be able to listen to you carefully and should attend to your child. They must be able to assist you with the queries related to your child's development. The child care services should be able to take care of the child from birth and assist them throughout their developing years.
Best child care hospitals should also provide reasonable treatment offers with the use of the latest, state-of-the-art technology. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
I had sex with my wife on 5 th day of her menstrual cycle and I ejaculated inside her and she peed later on. Her cycle is of 28 days What are the chances of conception? She had headache for 2 days from that day. How can I confirm the pregnancy.
Dear dr. Mera 7 month ka baby h baby hone ke baad meri wife ka 4 month ke baad period time aaya tha aur ab 3 month ho gaya hai lekin period time nhi aaya hai please help me.
I am suffering from bronchitis from many years recently I got surgery of ca rectum after chemotherapy my chest remains congested and my sputum is yellow I took med but no relief. What should I do.
Suffering from pcos. Periods were always on time. One day due period. Very dry cervical mucus and sometimes watery but dries up soon. Am I pregnant?
Sex during pregnancy - is it safe?
If you're pregnant, you may be curious or worry whether it's safe to have sex and how you can go about it. The good thing is, it's perfectly safe to have sex during pregnancy. You might find that your sex drive is uncontrollable during your pregnancy you may go through phases of being very sex driven, and then phases of not wanting sex at all so it's important to know about sex during pregnancy and what you can expect.
While sex is safe for most couples during pregnancy, the most difficult part may be having sex in a way that's enjoyable and comfortable for you particularly if you're far along with your pregnancy. It can take a little time to explore and experiment together to work out what's comfortable and pleasurable for you both, especially if you have a bump in the way! your breasts might feel tender, and it may be uncomfortable if your partner penetrates too deeply, so it might be better to lie on your sides with your partner behind; this way he won't put any pressure on your bump but can penetrate and stimulate you at the same time.
You can also:
- straddle your partner as he lies on his back. This way, there is no pressure on your belly and you can control the pace.
- lie side by side with your partner facing your back, and entering you from behind.
- support yourself on your knees and elbows, and have your partner kneel and enter you from behind.
Be aware that it's common for women to experience some bleeding during intercourse whilst pregnant, especially in their first trimester. This is cause by the normal swelling of capillaries in the cervix, which can burst when irritated during sex. Spotting (random spots of blood) is generally nothing to worry about, however you should mention it to your midwife just to let her know if this does happen. However, if you are ever losing a lot of blood, you should consult your doctor immediately and get checked out at the hospital.
It's important to talk about sex with your partner. Your partner's desire for sex may equally increase or decrease during your pregnancy, and be aware that he might feel very cautious about having sex with the fear of hurting you or the baby, so be sure to communicate what feels good and positions that you're comfortable with. Try experimenting with different sexual positions to find ones that suit you both. It may take time to get used to it, particularly as your bump grows bigger, however there is no reason why you should stop having sex just because of your pregnancy.
If you have any queries or worries, the best thing to do is consult your midwife or doctor and they can offer guidance and reassurance about sex during your pregnancy.
i am 25, I had 5 times protected sex in one night. Is it necessary to take a ipill for safety. Can I be pregnant? please reply.
My wife is 23 years old. We have a 1 year old baby. Now we want gap for second child 2 years. We will take be-gap tablet. Is it right or not? please tell me. Thanks.
Marriages in our country usually last a lifetimeand and require effort from both parties involved to make them work. Often, marriages end because of boredom, as the partners begin to believe that the spark is gone. But there are many ways couples can perk up their marriage.
While it is true that many people are short on precious time in today’s day and age, what is also true is that a marriage is well worth some prioritisation.
Leaving dirty dishes in the sink for a little while longer does make good sense, if it means that the time is well-used to bond with one’s significant other. Leisure time spent between couples is crucial for the success of a marriage. Many couples do not make it a habit of listening to each other and this really does work to their detriment. Paying close attention to what the other one says and providing a response may not need a lot of effort but the dividends are rich in the form of the partner feeling good.
Intimacy is a valued feeling of being wanted and it has a big part to play in the success of a marriage. Over the long term, many couples do not make the required effort and the overall quality of their bond is reduced, as a result. While reinitiating contact may be as simple as holding the other’s hand, many people do not do this as they feel their partner should be the one to do so. Intimacy does not only equate to sexual intimacy, but can even simply be looking into one’s partners eyes with love.
Laughter is said to be the best medicine, and this happens to be true in the case of a marriage, as well. It has been found that couples who laugh about their past experiences are happier and get along a lot more amicably than those who do not. Recalling together where the couple first met and started seeing each other also has a positive impact as it makes both partners feel valued and thankful about what they have.
Below, are tips that don’t require much—if any—money, time or even hard work!
Engage in a new activity with your partner. Doing novel activities with your partner enables you to re-experience the original emotional state at the beginning of your marriage. In other words, trying something new sparks excitement, producing passion. You can do anything from deep-sea fishing to salsa dancing to hiking a mountain to eating at a different restaurant.
Add the element of mystery or surprise. Both mystery and surprise also mimic the emotional state of a new romance. But it doesn’t mean whisking your wife away to the Mediterranean or surprising your husband with expensive dinners. Here, little gestures also go a long way. Examples include, surprising your wife at work and whisking her away for lunch, or sending a greeting card in the mail.
Do something that kicks up your adrenaline and arousal. Young marriages start out with an adrenaline rush. Your heart races, you get giddy, you’re alert, awake and excited. Arousal-generating activities can include exercising, going on a vigorous hike, and even watching a scary movie. So it’s almost like fooling your brain that the arousal produced to this scary movie (or any other arousing activity) is really due to your marriage, and this helps to perk up the passion.
Take a mini-vacation — just the two of you. Get out of the house for at least one night and two days, somewhere that interests both of you and creates new memories together. You don’t have to go far from home or spend a lot of money. The key is to spend quality time together away from home. Studies show that for women, in particular, getting away is important. They feel more passionate when they’re away from the pressures of their lives. At home, women have a tough time compartmentalizing things. They’re thinking about the laundry, lunch, paying the bills, cleaning the house, and checking things off their mental to-do list.
Touch more often. Touch produces arousal, comfort and support both physiologically and psychologically, and it doesn’t have to be much of a touch. Holding hands on a walk, making sure you give a hug or kiss or embrace daily reminds you that you’re physiologically bonded. When reigniting your relationship, the key is to shake things up consistently. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist. Good luck!
1) Period k kitne din bad ovulation date aati hain? 13 din bad ya 14 din bad 2) ovulation date k 2 din aage or 2 din bad sex karne se male pregnancy aaskti Hain? 3) ovulation date k din hi sex karne se male pregnancy aata Hain?
Dr. I'm 50 and already reached menopause at the age of 46. Im unable to have sex as have no sensation and my vagina is very very dry. My husband and my relation is going through rough patch coz we can not have penetrative sex from past 3 years. Please save my marriage. No foreplay helps my vagina to lubricate. Suggest something so that I regain my sensation and my vagina lubricates on its own. I hope you getting me. Masturbation too does not lubricate my vagina. Pl. Help Thank you Dr.
A sunscreen lotion with spf 15-30 should be applied daily to protect the skin from damages like sunburn, tanning, sun spots, skin cancer etc.