Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shikha ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi, Myself chandu am suffering from back pain since last 10 days. Can you please suggest me what to do to relieve from back pain.
Sir/mam, my mother is 45 years old and she has severe knee pain. Can you please tell me that is she suffering from chondromalacia and how it can be cured? And also seeing her X ray report doctor has told gap in her joint. Please reply soon. THANKYOU.
I m 22years old grl. I suffer backpain. About one month. I am faced backpain problem. Whn I sit n study. Wht should I do.
Hi this is sandeep kumar I have facing back pain since last one month I am taking pain Killer but it was not cured can you please suggest me some best treat ment.
I am suffering from the leg pain related disease. Its became tough for me to run fast. And the most important its paining during sitting?
Hello sir. Actually I am 24 years old and I have a problem of muscular dystrophy i.e lgmd type 2. So what should I do.?
Hello I am 26 years male and I have back pain from last 1 yr and I consulted doctor and took x-ray and took medication and did physiotheraphy for short period now again pain has started in mid and lower back, what should I do?
I am a 23 year old male I want to ask that if I have Knee pain what ahoul I do instead of using painkiller.
I am male 18 years old there is pain in my left arm from last 2-3 months what to do any suggestions?
Sir, My eyes and head is paining due to riding bike. My back is paining too much due to riding bike from long time. can you give me suggestions for all above sir?
If you are suffering from arthritis, it is important for you to know about how it affects your knee and other joints. Arthritis is a chronic, systematic inflammatory disease which damages your joints and connective tissues. Your knee is commonly affected by arthritis and there are three primary types of arthritis that occur in the knees. They include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and post-traumatic arthritis.
Types of arthritis
The different types of arthritis affecting the knees occur due to different reasons. Osteoarthritis is a progressive condition, which wears away the joint cartilage over time. Rheumatoid arthritis is an inflammatory condition, which may occur at any age. Post-traumatic arthritis occurs after an injury is inflicted to the knee and may occur several years after a ligament injury or knee fracture.
- Arthritis pain may occur all of a sudden, but commonly develops slowly. In the early stages, the pain is observed in the morning after you have been inactive over the night. Pain is likely when you want to move around. Pain may be experienced even when immobile.
- Periodic inflammation is a common symptom of arthritis of the knee. This happens because of the formation of bone spurs or excess fluids in your knee. The swelling gets pronounced after being inactive for a long period. The skin on your knee may look red and feel warm while you touch it. This may lead to chronic inflammation, which is very difficult to manage.
There are several ways of treating knee arthritis. The mode of treatment depends on the severity and cause of knee arthritis. NSAIDS or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are commonly prescribed for dealing with arthritis pain temporarily. Other medicines used for knee arthritis treatment are as follows:
- Analgesics, which help in pain reduction act as good alternatives to NSAIDS.
- Corticosteroids are used for reducing inflammation.
- Certain DMARDs or disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs are used.
Certain injections that are used for helping with knee arthritis. They include:
- Hyaluronic acid supplements, which ease the pain and inflammation by lubricating your knee joints.
- Corticosteroid injections also soothe inflammation and pain.
You may also require a surgery for dealing with knee arthritis when other modes of treatment fail. The most common surgeries are as follows:
- Total joint replacement, where your knee is replaced with a prosthetic made of metal, plastic or ceramic.
- Osteotomy, where the knee bones are modified for controlling pressure and damage in the knees.
- Arthroscopy, where an incision is made in the knee for removing damaged parts.
It is recommended for you to consult a doctor, if you experience any symptom of knee arthritis. Early treatment will prevent the condition from worsening.
Hey. I am having back pain for around last one month. I just wanna get rid of the pain. Please suggest me something.
I am suffering from knee pain in right side leg. Full legs muscle and vain also pain very hard. What can I do. Please suggest me.
Why in my both legs Pain in standing more than 5 to 10 minutes. I have RA and I have COPD also all these problems due to RA Is there is a cure. I am taking regularly SULFASALAZINE .FISH OIL CAPSULES AND supplemental CALCIUM TABLETS 650 MG Twice a day I also drink Green Tea I want a cure for my leg Pain Please help me.
If your kid is affected by Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), it is important for you to know about the best ways of dealing with the condition. Muscular dystrophy consists of group of diseases, which result in the weakening of muscles along with reduced flexibility. DMD accounts for being the most common type of muscular dystrophy. It occurs because of flaws in the gene, which controls how your body keeps the muscles healthy. This disease affects boys and the symptoms start appearing from early childhood.
There is no specific treatment for DMD. However, there are several ways, including medicines and therapy, to deal with the symptoms and to protect the muscles.
- Several steroids such as prednisone help in slowing down muscle damage. Children taking this medicine are able to walk for two to five years longer than they would usually do. Lung and heart functions are also improved.
- DMD leads to heart problems and hence, you should take your child to a heart doctor for regular checkups until the age of 10.
- In some cases, a surgery may be required to fix their shortened muscles, for straightening the spine, or for treating a heart or lung problem.
Taking care of your child
If your child has DMD, it does not mean that he will have to refrain from activities such as school, sports and spending time with friends. By sticking to the right treatment plan, you will be able to make your child active.
- Stand and walk: Being in an upright position will keep your child’s bones strong and the spine straight. You can get your child braces or standing walkers, which will help him in terms of balance and mobility.
- Eat right: Although there is no special diet for DMD, several food items should be taken for preventing problems related to weight. Your child should eat the proper amount of food with a proper balance of nutrients and calories regularly.
- Stay active: You should ensure that your child exercises regularly. Regular stretching exercises help in keeping the muscles and joints limber, which makes him feel better. You can avail the help of a physical therapist for an exercise schedule.
You can look for and join local support groups associated with DMD, as other families living with DMD can be a source of good advice and understanding about life with DMD.