Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shehnaz
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShehnazYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I have some warts problem on my penis. On upper skin skin of penis there are 4-5 pimple type warts and also there in on the tip of penis rashes type pimple is there and now also in the under skin of penis 2-3 pimple at one place exist. Rashes type warts produce very much itching problem on my penis tip. Please help me by suggesting what is this exact problem and how to get rid of this problem.
Sunscreens help shield you from the sun's dangerous ultraviolet (UV) rays in two ways. Some work by scattering the light, reflecting it away from your body. Others absorb the UV rays before they reach your skin.
A few years ago, choosing a good sunscreen meant you just looked for a high sun protection factor (SPF) -- which rates how well the sunscreen protects against one type of cancer-causing UV ray, ultraviolet B (UVB). SPF refers to blockage of UVB rays only.
Research soon showed that ultraviolet A rays (UVA) also increase skin cancer risk. While UVA rays don't cause sunburn, they penetrate deeply into skin and cause wrinkles. The Environmental Protection Agency estimates that up to 90% of skin changes associated with aging are really caused by a lifetime's exposure to UVA rays.
Whether you are heading out to the beach for relaxing day of swimming, or traveling out on the nature trail for a fun day of hiking, sunscreen should be an important part of your day. Follow the instructions contained in this guide to learn how to choose a sunscreen that is right for you.
Clearly, you will want a sunscreen with broad-spectrum or multi-spectrum protection for both UVB and UVA.
Tips for choosing the right sunscreen:
- Broad Spectrum: It means the sunscreen protects against UVB and UVA rays and helps prevent skin cancer and sunburn.
- High UVA protection: Sun's UV rays can be easily prevented, and thus severe kinds of skin troubles can be eliminated. In this case, the product label needs to be checked so that you can get 100% assurance that your skin will be protected against UV rays for sure.
- Water resistance: Pick a sunscreen which is Water Resistant (effective for up to 40 minutes in water) or Very Water Resistant (effective for up to 80 minutes in water). This means the sunscreen provides protection while swimming or sweating up to the time listed on the label. Even when using a water-resistant sunscreen, you should reapply after getting out of the water or after sweating.
- Medicated Products: Do not go by the local brands rather you must choose only medicated products.
- Daily usage: Using sunscreen on a daily basis is a great necessity. In fact, this is one of the most important steps for getting most productive effects. You can apply the cream, especially before going under direct sun.
- Skin-friendliness: The sunscreen should not contain any toxic elements or chemicals, otherwise your skin will get adversely affected. Different kinds of skin damages can occur such as spots, patches skin allergies or infections if you do not choose the right sunscreen apt for your skin.
- Correct application of sunscreen: Apply on exposed areas: You should apply sunscreen, especially on those body parts that usually remain exposed towards sun all the time. If you frequently wear bikinis, then you should include legs, thighs, arms, back, face and other areas.
- Enriched with moisturizers: If the sunscreen is equipped with moisturizers, then your skin will become smoother and soothing effects will be found. Some of the moisturizers consist of organic ingredients that can improve skin quality and texture to a great extent. These moisturizers also provide sufficient nutrients to your skin.
- Frequent application: If you are willing to get best results and utmost protection from UV rays, then nothing can be the right way-out other the applying the sunscreen on a frequent basis. After every two-hours, you are advised to apply the sunscreen.
- Wearing sun-protection accessories: Apart from applying the sunscreen lotion, you are advised wearing different kinds of useful sun-protection accessories for getting greater protection. Some of the most prominent accessories are sunglasses, long sleeves, umbrella and others. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Acne is a very common condition that usually affects people within the age group of 12-25 years. When it comes to the sexes, girls are more prone to acne as compared to girls. It usually occurs in the face, but may also affect the chest, neck and the back.
In order to understand how acne occurs, you need to know about the sebaceous glands. Sebaceous glands are located under the skin, which produce sebum. The sebum comes up on the skin through the pores present on your skin. When these pores get clogged due to dead cells or other impurities, the sebum’s passage gets blocked. Once the bacteria come in contact with it, inflammation occurs, resulting in acne. Now that you know how acne occurs, you can take steps to prevent it. Here are a few strategies to deal with acne –
Keep Your Skin Clean: You know that pores get blocked by impurities and dead cells, which means your face should be kept clean at all times. Use a mild soap or cleanser to clean your face daily, avoid over cleansing as it may lead to irritation. Use lukewarm water as it helps open your pores and clean them effectively.
Keep Your Skin Moisturized: It is a common misconception that oily skin does not require moisturizing. The idea is to moisturize the skin using moisturizers that are water based as they do not aggravate the problem of an already oily skin.
Do Not Make-up: Do not use much make-up if you are prone to acne; applying foundation and blush can aggravate the problem. If you must use cosmetics, make sure they are oil free. Cosmetics labeled ‘non -comedogenic’ are the safer varieties as they neither cause acne nor aggravate the condition.
Avoid the Menace about Hair Products: Gels and oils when used on the hair can travel to your skin and block the pores, causing irritation to the skin.
Avoid Stress: Stress is known to cause changes in the body’s chemical balances which can trigger acne. Get into the habit of practicing relaxation techniques such as meditation to manage and lower stress levels.
Eat Healthy: Foods rich in processed sugar such as chocolates and cakes are known to trigger acne; hence the simple tip is to avoid them. Opt for healthy vegetables which can meet your daily requirements of Vitamins and minerals in order to keep your skin healthy.
Exercise on a Regular Basis: Doing cardiovascular exercises on a regular basis helps in improving blood circulation and preventing acne and other skin conditions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
I have an extreme problem of hair fall since last year. The density of my hairs reduced to half because of dandruff. Right now my scalp is clearly visible to everyone and I am only 18. Please suggest an effective measure to prevent this hair fall and reduce dandruff.
I am getting white hair. I am just 15 years old What are the steps to prevent my hair to turn black.
I am hepatitis B positive. Can I take prp therapy after hair transplant. I have done hair transplant in this november.
My left forearm has turned quite black from last 2 years. People ask about on arm being more darker. And it is only on dorsal part with dry rough skin, touch sensation is also weak.
Aesthetic medicine is a developing branch of medicine and scientific research. The objective is to cosmetically enhance an individual's physical appearance with nominally invasive procedures. It is a modern field and is not just restricted to plastic surgeons and dermatologists. Most medical specialists can offer services in the field of aesthetic medicine.
The major types of procedures and techniques are:
1. Surgical techniques
- Liposuction: This is a surgical cosmetic technique, which is used to remove fat from certain areas of the body to re-shape the body and reduce weight.
- Facelifts: A facelift is a surgical procedure, which is done to restore the healthy and youthful features of the skin by injecting dermal fillers (soft tissue) into the hollow or sagging parts of the face or neck.
- Radiofrequency ablation: In this medical procedure, a radio wave produces electric current and eliminates the diseased or non-functional tissues. The technique has applications outside aesthetic medicine too, such as treating tumors, chronic pain, heart problems, etc.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplantation surgery is a procedure where the hair follicles are surgically removed from a donor site and implanted on the recipient side to cover up bald spots. The hair follicles are taken from the patient and so, the grafted hair continues its natural growth after surgery.
2. Non-Surgical techniques
- Radio frequency skin tightening: This is a non-surgical alternative to facelifts and it produces the connective tissues (collagen and elastin) in order to remodel the tissues and tighten the skin of the face and the neck.
- Chemical peel: A chemical peel is a type of skin treatment, which is used to smoothen and improve the texture of skin. It is especially done for the facial skin to remove lines, folds and wrinkles. The procedure causes the dead skin cells to peel off and the new skin that appears is more even and youthful.
- Non-surgical liposuction: This procedure is done using laser energy and ultrasound and the subcutaneous fat cells are eliminated. There is no suction, incision or injection involved.These techniques are of lower risk as compared to surgical weight loss procedures.
- Laser and Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) Hair Removal: The Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) procedure involves a spectrum of wavelengths (similar to those of a light bulb), which are targeted at the skin and some of the wavelengths can remove body hair. Laser hair removal is slightly more effective than IPL because it involves a focused beam of light in one specific wavelength, which targets the hair follicles of your skin.
Lybrate | Dr. Sudha KV speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY