Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShefaliYour feedback matters!
I am not getting periods from 5 months. No other menopause symptoms except fsh showing high. Tsh is 10and using thyronorm from 2months of 75 mcg. Having palpitations and gaining weight. Whats my problem.
In july me and my boyfriend got intimidated and he ejaculated on my clothes. I have got three menstrual cycles after that but now I am having a white discharge instead and my menstruation date has passed.what might be the problem that i am facing?
I have a problem of severe pain in my abdomen when my periods gets started! Is it a hormonal imbalance or reproductive system problem?
Hi, I know about 14th day ovulation and I am having sex daily from 7th to almost 20 day but still not getting positive result for pregnancy. So can you please tell me what to do?
I am having white discharge (not pregnant), milk textured, milky white colored, not sticky, not sticky. What does it mean.
My wife once pregnant and underwent d&c after that she didn't conceive yet will I need to undergo semen analysis?
I am 18 years old I had my periods on 15 jan and last month I had sex with my boyfriend and now I m felling like vomiting headache dizziness am I pregnant m really worried.
I am 8 1/2 months pregnant. From two days slight bleeding coming urine and some spots are coming. Any problem is there guide me.
I have been married for four months. Trying to conceive. Please advice me what should I do after having sex? Can I move and wash? How many hours should I take rest? Can I do all works next day? I had sex at night next day morning when I do some work like washing clothes I can find some water in my vagina. Is that means all sperm came out?
Sir agr kisi women ko baby ho and phir uske breast normal k liye matlab pehle ka jaise ki tarah kaise hota hai and vagina pehle ki tarah kaise kar sakte hai. Koi upai hai. Ky bilkul pehle ki tarah.
Hii. I am 34 years old. I am planning for my first baby. It hs been already 3 years fr my marriage. According 2 my tubal test I hv B/L fimbrial block. please tell me safe n fast solution fr it. I don't want 2 go with ny kind of surgery.
My wife is 20 year old we got married one year back while we have sex she does not any feeling what would be the problem.
A Herniated disc also known as a slip disc or prolapsed disc and it refers to the problem where one of the discs located in between the bones of the vertebrae(backbone) gets damaged and stacks itself upon the nerves. The tender inner portion of the disc gets protruded over the outer ring. Herniated disc causes severe neck pain and back pain. It occurs when the outer ring gets weak and tears down. The most common symptoms include pain and numbness, especially on one side of the body. The pain extends down to the arms and legs. It worsens during nighttime. The muscles become weak. Overweight people are likely to have this disease, as the discs carry extra weight. Old people are vulnerable to a slip disc.
Effects of Herniated Disc:
- An untreated case of Herniated disc may cause permanent damage to the nerves.
- In certain cases, a Herniated disc is capable of cutting off nerve impulses to the "caudal equine"nerves, present in the lower back and legs. This leads to loss of bladder control or bowel control.
- Saddle anaesthesia is another long-term effect. Nerves are compressed by the slip disc, causing loss of sensation in the inner portions of your thighs, the back of your legs and surrounding the rectum region.
- Symptoms may improve or worsen.
Diagnosis of Herniated Disc:
Treatment or diagnosis of Herniated disc or slipped disc can be either conservative or surgical in nature. The nature of treatment is determined according to your discomfort level and the kind of pain you are experiencing, or how much the disc has slipped out.
- The pain caused by Herniated disc can be relieved by undertaking an exercise schedule, which includes stretching and strengthening the spine and its surrounding muscles.
- A physiotherapist should be appointed for recommending the types of exercises.
- Taking pain relievers also soothes the pain.
- Stronger medicines prescribed by doctors include-muscle relaxants, narcotics to deal with the pain, medicines for nerve pain such as "gabapentin" or "duloxetine".
- In case of the symptoms not subsiding within a span of six weeks, a surgery may be recommended by your doctor. The surgeon may have to remove the damaged part of the disc. This surgery is called a microdiscectomy.
I am an 18 year-old female 4-5 days ago I had sex with my partner we did use protection but after the act we saw that the condom had been torn so I took an ipill. The next day after taking the ipill during another session his condom slipped down into my vagina so I had to take another ipill. Since then, I'm having a very strong burning sensation with pain every time I go to pee. There's a pain in my hole and an urge to pee all the time. What should I do.
I am 29 years old. Before 6 month I aborted a baby due to no foetal cardiac pulsation. Now I was trying for a baby what are the precautions I have to do.
Hi, I have a severe chocolate cyst in both ovaries and get operated 3 yrs ago. But still it pains a lot and having problem in conception. Doctors advised me for ivf. Is there any more option for natural conception ?
Gallstones are bits of solid material that may be formed in the gall bladder. The gallbladder is a little organ located under the liver. You won't not know you have them until they've block your bile duct, causing pain that will need immediate medical intervention, and even hospitalisation in some cases.They may comprise of cholesterol, salt, or bilirubin, which consists of red platelets. Gallstones vary in size. They can be as little as a grain of sand or as even the size of an apricot in many cases.
Women are more likely to develop gallstones than men. Read on to know more:
Causes: There are a number of causes for this condition, especially in women. These causes are as follows:
- Intake of anti-conception medication pills, hormone trade treatment for menopause side effects, or pregnancy
- Malfunctioning of the gall bladder
- High cholesterol levels
- Gallstones may be created when there is excessive amount of cholesterol in the bile discharged by the liver. This bile normally separates the cholesterol and helps in the normal functioning of the liver and other digestive organs of the body.
- Bilirubin: Bilirubin is a substance created when your liver wrecks old red platelets. A few conditions, like cirrhosis of the liver and certain blood issues causes the liver to create more bilirubin than it ought to. This can lead to complicated conditions like gallstones.
- Bile: Your gallbladder needs to exhaust bile to be sound. In the event that it discharges its bile content, the bile turns out to be excessively thick which causes stones to shape.
- Weight: Being overweight or underweight can also cause a malfunction which can lead to the appearance of such stones. The diet also has a bearing in such cases.
- A yellowish tint in your skin or eyes, which can demonstrate jaundice
- Sickness or retching
- Clay coloured stools
- Pain in the right upper quadrant of your stomach area
- Other digestive issues
Numerous individuals with gallstones may be asked to go through surgery to remove the gallbladder. These include the following:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy: The specialist passes instruments, a light, and a camera through a few little cuts in the midsection.
- Open cholecystectomy: The specialist makes bigger cuts in the belly to expel the gallbladder. You may have to spend a couple days in the hospital after the operation.
- Without getting operated: If you have a mild condition and your specialist feels you shouldn't have an operation, he may recommend medicines like chenodiol, ursodiol, or both. These medications work by dissolving cholesterol stones. One may experience mild loose motions as a side effect.