Lybrate.com has an excellent community of ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shavere
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. ShavereYour feedback matters!
A Nasal reconstruction surgery is required to correct deformities in the nasal area formed as a result of birth defects, injuries, trauma etc. It is also used to correct missing parts of the nasal anatomy if required. Recent developments in techniques such as microsurgery, expansion of the tissue and so on, have helped surgeons improve the methods of nasal reconstruction surgery to a great extent. At this point, a patient has a great number of reconstruction methods to choose from, depending on his/her particular case.
Types of Nasal Reconstruction Surgery:
- Local flaps
- Regional flaps
- Secondary Intention Healing
- Simple Suture closure
- Skin grafts
- One stage nasolabial flap
- Two stage nasolabial flap
- Forehead flap
- Bone and Cartilage frame work reconstruction
Indicators of the need for Nasal Reconstruction surgery
- One indicator of the need for this type of surgery is fractures in the nose that have changed the shape of the organ. Patients opt for this kind of surgery in order to improve their overall appearance.
- Another indicator is fractures or other deformities that lead to breathing problems. Living with such problems is difficult; hence it is important to get nasal reconstruction surgery.
- The presence of the Deviated Nasal Septum prevents proper breathing and increases vulnerability to ENT infections. Nasal reconstruction surgery can be used to fix this problem.
- Deformities formed as a result of treatment of skin cancer can be fixed with the help of nasal reconstruction surgery.
Things to know about recovering from Nasal Reconstruction Surgery
- Medication taken orally can help to counter the discomfort experienced right after a nasal reconstruction surgery.
- Usually, splints are used inside the nose during the surgery. These are generally removed within a week.
- Patients are able to get up and walk about within a few days. Normal daily activities may be resumed upon the doctor's instructions.
- At times, a swelling may be observed in the nasal area, but this goes away within a few weeks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.
Hi, Iam suffering from sore throat from last 8 days can you suggest me what can I do to overcome this and sometimes its difficult to swallow food also.
I have very tired because I am illness of sinus disease and properly take the medicine of this disease. I have already use medicine like alopathic and homeopathy from 6-7 year but this disease not cure so please tell me about this and how to do.
There are some problem in my ear as some times loud and slow voices are seemed to come and there is also pain.
I am 20 year old there are some traces of blood (not confirm but they are red in colour) came when I spit so what can I do suggest me.
Swimmer's ear is a medical condition, which involves inflammation, irritation or infection of the ear. It may affect the outer ear and also the ear canal. Swimmer's ear is called Otitis externa in medical terms. The condition may be acute to chronic in nature.
Swimmer's ear is an infection that's usually caused by bacteria commonly found in water and soil. Infections caused by a fungus or a virus are less common. This condition is more common in teenagers and young adults. It may occur due to a middle ear infection or because of a respiratory infection such as cold.
Swimmer's ear can occur as a result of swimming in unclean or contaminated water. These waters contain pseudomonas and other harmful bacteria, which can lead to such ear infections. The infections are rarely caused by fungus.
Swimmer's ear may also result due to other reasons. They can be:
- Scratching the inside or outside of the ear.
- Having something stuck in the ear. When you clean ear wax with cotton swabs or small objects, damage may occur. Using headphone or ear plugs for a long period of time may also cause swimmer's ear.
- Allergic reaction to some object or anything placed in the ear may also cause Swimmer's ear. These may be hair products or jewelry.
- Some chronic skin conditions like eczema and psoriasis may also lead to this infection.
There are several factors, which may enhance the risk of getting swimmer's ear. They are as follows:
- Swimming in water, which has got elevated levels of bacteria. This includes lakes and ponds.
- People having narrow ear canals are at a more risk of swimmer's ear.
- Aggressive cleaning and scratching of the ear canal.
The symptoms which indicate swimmer's ear are:
- Itching of the ear canal. This becomes intense as the condition progresses.
- Redness on the inside parts of the ear, which get more extensive in later stages.
- Discomfort which worsens by pulling on the outer ear or pushing on the tragus of the front part of the ear.
- Drainage of a fluid which is clear and odorless. As the condition worsens, there is excessive drainage of fluid along with the discharge of pus.
- A fullness feeling in the ear and a partial blockage of the ear canal because of swelling and fluids.
- In advanced stages, fever and swelling of lymph nodes in the neck is indicated. Hearing impairment may occur.
Swimmer's ear is a health condition, which involves the ear. The ear gets inflamed because of a certain bacterial infection. Although it is not a very severe condition, in some cases it can do significant harm. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- Ringing sensation in the ear a very common complain of a patient. Any unwanted sound is called tinnitus. Sometime it is associated with other symptoms like aural fullness and vertigo.
- Most of the time it is a only symptom especially in case of old age people, people suffering from diabetes or hypertension or central obesity.