Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shashank AkhirkarYour feedback matters!
My father got operated for total knee replacement and after it he got deep vein thrombosis. And it's more than one and half years now he is taking tablet acitrom How long does DVT takes to cure. Are there any methods and medications for faster recovery from DVT Thank you.
I had c section 2 moths back but still have severe back pain & knees pain & my belly button is still protruded. What can I do?
Peanuts or dried fruits are a good source of vitamin and proteins on a regular basis, would you advise me to have them in good quantity to overcome my weak muscle problems as I have muscle pain above and below my knee. Please advise.
My wife is experiencing severe pain in the right leg below knee. Some times there is fear of twisting of the leg. She some times experiences jerks for the same. She is using knee caps presently. She is 50 years old.
I am 27 years old. I am suffering from hip arthritis since last 10 to 12 years. What should be best treatment for me so that my life could be normal?
My aunt kanta choudhary's was diagnosed that the fluid in her knee is dried up and consequently she started complaining about tremendous pain in her knee. She is unable to walk efficiently and stand for a longer time. Meanwhile we read about the stem cell therapy preferred over knee replacement. My question is should we opt for the stem cell therapy? How much assurance can you give about the cure? What is the success percentage?
I have knee pain on both side of my leg past few days how can I overcome to this problem Please help me out.
My mom is suffering from knee pain since past 3years. Some doctors suggested STO operation. Some others suggested knee replacement. And some of the doctors say that go with physiotherapy as it is too early for operation. What do you recommend?
I have been prescribed Maxgalin M 75 twice a day n Dulane 30 once for fibromyalgia. As well as nervijen plus injection once a month. It is since a year I am taking. Have I to take life long all these medicines. Is fibromyalgia related to thyroid as I am having thyroid also.
Respected Sir, I have frequent burning sensation on my legs in different areas, specially on left leg. Sometimes having mild tingling on legs and hands, specially on left leg and both hands. Why its happening? Pls help if possible. Sometimes I feel sudden dizziness, with Anxiety & lil sweating. Also feeling little weak. Having pressure behind eyes, though eye test normal. Having Cervical Spondylitis. Also have feeling of vibration in legs and body with every heartbeat.
I'm 33years old i am suffering from gout last 6 years. Taking tablet ciploric 300mg in alternate days fell very dull and pain in legs. Sir what can I do?
I am 32 years old bt now m suffering from left knee pain of last 4 years then I want any better treatment for healthy.
I am a 22 years aged male and suffering from constant pain in my right knee cap. I have consumed few pain killers and have used ointments too but didn't got any relief. What shall I do further?
I am suffering pain in knees, pain in waist, I can't stand much time, I can't do heavy work by hand. I feel pain in several joints. I am taking eltroxin 50 mg for high thyroid (now it is 5.2). I am a female, my height 5 ft, weight 52 kg. Please suggest how can I get cure?
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include:
- Consumption of large amounts of caffeine on a regular basis
- Developing irregular sleep schedules
- Taking your smartphone to bed and ending up spending a lot of time with it in the night
- Eating late in the evening
My father is 52years old he is diabetic patient. He is taking medicine (Zoryl MV 1) for his diabetes from few years. But from last 3-4days he is suffering from severe pain in his knees. please tell why it is happening? Is there anything about to worry? Please let me know how to get rid of this problem.
Different foods have different properties. Here are some foods to have and a few you must refrain from if you are suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain:
Include these foods in your diet.
1) cherries - these contain anthocyanocides which assist in lowering uric acids, thus reducing the level of pain.
2) ginger - eating fresh ginger of drinking ginger root tea is advisable if suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain. The gingerols present in it include anti-inflammatory compounds which are extremely helpful.
3) pineapple - there exists in pineapples, an element called bromelain which is a very effective anti-inflammatory.
4) raw apple cider vinegar - anti-inflammatory properties of raw apple cider vinegar are also very beneficial. It can be consumed by drinking a tablespoon of the vinegar mixed in about 250ml water or as salad dressing.
5) turmeric - turmeric or as we call it haldi, has anti-oxidant as well as anti-inflammatory properties.
6) omega 3 fatty acids - omega 3 fatty acids also have anthocyanocides. Which lower the levels of uric acids. Eating more of chia seeds, flax seeds and fish is also encouraged.
And the foods to avoid are,
1) sugary foods - sugary foods are like toxins which cause inflammations and lead to more pains in the body. Hence, avoid foods with excessive sugar when suffering from arthritis and inflammatory pain.
2) omega 6 oils - these oils, if consumed in high amounts, cause inflammations. It is advisable to replace these foods with healthier foods.
3) fried foods: deep fried foods are cooked at high temperatures and thus induce inflammation.
4) salt - this happens to some people where excess intake of sodium increases the pain in the joints. Hence, lowering consumption is not a bad idea.