Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Shanti TiwariYour feedback matters!
Dental. Bleeding in gums. How can prevent your teeth healthy please give new advice. We are totally veg & no smoking, chewening Please notice me.
Lybrate | Dr. S K Chowdhury speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
I am surfing from bad breath what can I do for it. because I'm feeling shy when I took in front of them I never go close with any 1 because mouth stick very badly.
Depression follows the trajectory opposite to contentment. It has adverse effects on a person's mental and physical health. Being depressive is not a choice; it is a condition. The fact that despondency is not an elected way of life is a mystery to many. People surrounding a depressed person should make conscious efforts in treating them with love and dignity. Subjecting a person to strict deadlines, stringent rules or excessive pressure could worsen their situation.
Ways to tackle a depressed family member:
- Create occasions to enjoy a hearty laugh: If you have a family member suffering from depression you should probably share the benefits of laughter with him or her. Laughter is the best medicine to remedy acute depression. Look for opportunities to crack a joke or make the concerned person play with a pet. You can also take the person to watch humorous movies.
- "You are impossible" is the worst way of approaching a problem: In many cases a depressed person is reported with instances of negativity. Though the expressed negativity makes you feel morbid, do not give up on your family member. The person involuntarily finds reasons to feel hopeless. You should never think the case is beyond any kind of betterment.
- Keep them in a positive environment: Positive ideas can counter dejection. Help the person plan for a great future. Lay stress on how important that person is to you and to the world in general. Keeping one's mind creatively occupied can prove to be effective. Music or any other passion for that matter can help a person get over phases of depression.
- You should not associate depression with perpetual sadness: Depression can have plenty of symptoms. The symptoms vary from one person to another. While some people lack in motivation some might want to harm themselves or others. Many become a recluse. The minute you associate depression with sadness you limit your overview of the actual problem.
- Help the family member take his or her medicines diligently: While counseling helps a few patients of depression some others require medication. A bout of depression will dissuade a person from sticking to his or her medical routine. As a loved one it is your due responsibility to persuade him or her to take medicines regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
Garlic powder is an excellent spice that should be kept on any spice rack. This can be an excellent replacement for fresh garlic. If you have ever cooked with garlic, then you know it is one of the most pungent and powerful flavors you can add to a dish, and garlic powder is much the same. It delivers a number of important nutrients, which provide various health benefits.
What is garlic powder?
Garlic powder is the ground form of dehydrated garlic, and it has a number of benefits over fresh garlic. When you dehydrate garlic, you extend its shelf life exponentially, so it can be stored for months or even years without losing its potency.
Furthermore, garlic powder can be a more subtle way of imbuing an entire dish with the flavor of garlic, rather than simply adding individually chopped or minced cloves. This powder is quite easy to make, and you will find it on many different meals, from pizza and ranch dressing to avocados and as an ingredient in barbecue sauce. The versatility and delicious flavor of garlic powder make it a favorite spice around the world.
What’s more? garlic powder also delivers many of the best parts of garlic, in terms of health. Using this spice regularly can give your cooking and your overall wellness a boost.
Garlic powder nutrition facts
Garlic powder has a wide range of nutrients, including vitamin c, iron, calcium, protein, dietary fiber, and a small amount of sodium and sugar. While the concentration of these nutrients is significantly less than fresh garlic cloves, particularly in vitamin c content, there are still a number of antioxidants and organic compounds like allicin that can boost your health.
￼garlic powder health benefits
The most important health benefits of garlic powder include its ability to lower overall cholesterol levels, improve the immune system, prevent certain cancers, and aid digestion, among others.
Balances cholesterol levels
Although garlic lacks allicin, it is the active ingredient in crushed garlic and has a positive effect on your cholesterol levels and reduces plaque buildup in the arteries and blood vessels. It can also help to lower blood pressure!
There are a number of antioxidants in garlic powder that can help to reduce oxidative stress throughout the body, relieve inflammation, and prevent cellular mutation, which can lead to cancer.
Boosts immune system
Although the vitamin c level is significantly depleted when garlic is dehydrated, there are still immune-boosting properties of this spice, coming partially from other minerals and antioxidants present in it.
Aids in digestion
If your stomach is upset or if you have indigestion, some of the organic compoundsfound in garlic powder, as well as the iron and dietary fiber, can help move your bowels smoothly and relieve constipation.
How to make garlic powder?
If you want to make garlic powder at home, it is surprisingly easy to do, provided you have raw garlic, a bit of time and patience. Follow the simple steps below and you’ll have your homemade garlic powder before you know it! the only component in garlic powder is garlic itself, although many people add salt to the mixture, which is then called garlic salt.
Step 1 – peel as many garlic cloves as you want to use (3-4 bulbs is good for a seasonal supply).
Step 2 – slice them thinly and then place them on a plate.
Step 3 – turn the oven to 175 degrees and heat the garlic cloves until they are completely dry.
Step 4 – once they are completely dehydrated, grind them in a blender or with a mortar and pestle.
Step 5 – strain the mixture so only the powder remains.
Step 6 – store in an airtight spice jar between uses.
Side effects of garlic powder
There are some dangers of consuming too much of this powder, as well as potential risks for people with certain medical conditions. The most common problems include gastrointestinal distress, problems with bleeding disorders, bad breath, muscle aches, and dizziness, among others. If you consume garlic powder in moderation, you have little risk of experiencing these side effects.
- Bleeding disorders – for people who consume an excessive amount of garlic powder, bleeding problems have been known to worsen, so always use this spice in moderation.
- Bad breath – as with any garlic product, this powder has a powerful smell, which can lead to bad breath, although it can also help to eliminate oral infections!
- Muscle ache – when too much of this herb is ingested, or if you suffer from a mild allergy, it could cause muscle spasms or aches.
- Stomach issues – stomach aches, cramping and bloating can happen if too much of this powder is consumed.
- Dizziness and headache – some people report symptoms of headaches and dizziness, as well as lightheadedness, sweating, fatigue, and nausea if they use too much of this spice at one time.