Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalu Manish ChhabraYour feedback matters!
Dr. My 7years daughter having calcium lack. Please advice best medicine for her, and my 8 years boy is very thin and not eating food properly.
My baby is born in 36 week and her birth weight is2. 1 kg .after birth she had small pda 2 mm ,asd 11 mm and sever pvh. And also enlarge heart .now she is turn 1 years but her weight is only 5.9 kg how to take care of baby for increase her weight and also doc suggest furoped medicine .is this medicine is good for baby?
My daughter has persistent cough sometimes please prescribe some antibiotic to cure it she is 4years old.
My 45 days old baby always crying in the night. Having some milk again crying. Not able to find better solution.
Sir I'v two sons. The elders on is 9 years old. He has problem with epilepsy for the last 4 years. His treatment is going on. He doesn't eat anything. So, his liver is very weak. What should I do?
My 7 months old baby is suffering from breathing problem. Cough n cold .1 of my doctor said his nose bone is increasing and swelling. My baby is very much in problem. Please help. Which is the best doctor I should visit for my baby for this problem. Pediatrician.or ent specialist.
She has completed 6 month on 5th June. Do I need to start any medicine or supplements like calcium or any thing for teething? Kindly advise?
After delivery I got 10 kg weight increase, for that I am taking ayurveda medicine to weight loss but my baby is breast feeder as less as early and beside it also having outer baby food. Will there is any possibility side effect for baby's health. Please advise.
Sir tomorrow is my son s second vaccination. I want to know what should I do to save my baby from pain and fever before and after taking pentavac, poliovac, .pls say.
Hi doctor my child age is 3 years and problem is nose block wen is born tat time say block and continue water coming in nose. Then I go and c doctor. Doctor say take CT scan and blood test. CT scan is report is enlarged adenoids and blood test normal. But still no talking in my child. And one doctor say MPS urine test tel and then I go lab give sample urine lab party say after 16 days come collect reports. Y is tel MPS test also taking I don't no. I confused and lot of tension. But activity child. No one give clear solution what I can do. Please help me.
I'm a mother of a daughter who completed 4 years this month. But I'm facing a big problem and that is she is not eating any thing except milk. She generally does not feel hungry for whole day. But she is very much active also .she keeps on playing without any food or juice. She is just taking approximately 400 ml of milk in one day and whole night. She is not taking single drop of juice also. She doesn't like any kind of eatable Items which other children of her age eat like chocolate, ice creams,cakes, any kind of junk food also she do not like. have done her blood test her hemoglobin level is 6. Which is very low. Im giving her Hemsi Pd drops and "Bevon syrup. For her growth. Her weight is just 9 kg and height also short. Can you suggest any syrup for growth and height and for making her hungry for food.
My two months old son used to do potty once in a day as per routine, in morning only. But now after his vaccination I am observing he does potty 3-4 times a day. And his diet and feed demands has also increased. Is it a positive sign in his growth or some problem is there, as elders used to say that as the baby grows he does lesser potty, usually once in a day or in two days? Kindly help.
Our 3 months old baby is very active but, her body is generating full heat , we have counclated a doctor also , she is not even having a fever, and she is not drinking mothers milk more, Please can any one suggest us how can a baby can drink milk more, is ther any syrup for hunger and how to reduce the baby body heat.
My son is now 6 and half months old. He can not hold his head for long time. He can able to turn to his back but not able to crawl. Is it normal.
The tooth may look a tiny structure, but is a very complicated one. Structurally, it has very high concentrations of minerals and vitamins, all essential for optimal dental health. Reduced or increased amounts of these substances can lead to obvious defects in the teeth, which may impair aesthetics and sometimes even the functioning of the tooth.
While calcium is one mineral that would immediately come to mind, there are a lot of other vitamins and minerals too which play a significant role both in tooth formation and in optimal dental health. Listed below are some of these, along with their role in dental health.
- Vitamin A: Often associated with vision, vitamin A is essential for production of good amount of saliva which maintains healthy mucous membranes. Reduced saliva increases predisposition to decay and gum disease and also increases bad breath.
- Vitamin D: Needless to say, with the strength of the jaw bones, a good amount of calcium is required to boost bone mineral density.
- Vitamin C: The gums have connective tissue fibers which help bind the tooth to the jaw bone. For good strength of the connective tissue, vitamin C is important. Therefore, vitamin C deficiency can lead to tooth mobility and even tooth loss in severe cases.
- Vitamin B complex: There are too many people who would have popped a multivitamin to ward off mouth sores. Niacin and riboflavin especially are essential for optimal mucosal health and reduce inflammation.
- Vitamin K: This has multiple roles to play. It helps in improving the body's healing process, blocks substances that break down bone, promotes bone strength, and reduces bleeding disorders.
- Minerals: There is a long list of minerals that are essential for optimal dental health, as below:
- Calcium: From strong enamel to jaw bone, calcium is extremely important for the tooth to be fully formed. Calcium deficiency can result in hypoplastic teeth that are more prone for chipping and decay.
- Potassium: Needed to improve bone mineral density. It also works in conjunction with magnesium and prevents from the blood turning too acidic. Acidic blood can suck out calcium from teeth and bones.
- Fluoride: Proven to be the anti-decay magic medicine, fluoride reduces the incidence of tooth decay. Fluoride gels are applied for children to promote remineralization of enamel which may have initial caries.
- Phosphorus: Provides support to calcium and potassium in bone formation.
- Iron: Required for keeping red blood cell count at a good level and fighting infections.
- Iodine: This trace mineral is required for absorption of calcium and potassium that is essential for tooth formation.
- Zinc: Naturally found in saliva, it fights against plaque formation and subsequent infections.
For optimal dental function, ensure your diet has these essential nutrients.
My son 8 Months old, he is not taking milk and having the tendency of vomiting since birth. What should I do and prescribe the medications.
My son is 3 years old and weighs only 12 kg. He is otherwise active but doesn't want to study. At such a foundation whenever I sit with him to make him write or color he is always disinterested. I have tried offering gifts to him as well as bought new colorful books but everything fails. He is very observant and want to just listen to the mechanics of every technology and machine used. He has a great grasping power and wants to only. Listen to stories well everything except for studies. Everyone tells me to start tuition which do not want to at such a age. I worry if he will be able to cope up the pressure of studies.
Measles or rubeola as it is also known is one of the leading causes of children’s death around the world. This viral infection is communicable through the air and spreads through contact with infected saliva and mucus. Thus, sharing cutlery or glassware with an infected person can increase a person’s risk of suffering from this disease. Thankfully measles can be prevented through vaccination known as MMR. This vaccination is given to infants and also protects them against mumps, rubella and chickenpox. The first dose of MMR vaccination is given when the child is about 1 year old and a booster dose is repeated when the child is 4-6 years old.
One of the most characteristic symptoms of measles is a reddish rash that begins inside the mouth and later erupts all over the body. This is usually preceded by a high fever, cold, cough, sore throat and swelling of the lymph nodes. Fatigue, diarrhoea and redness of the eyes are other symptoms of this disease. Measles symptoms are not apparent the moment a person is exposed to the virus. It can take 7 to 18 days for symptoms to become visible after catching the infection, this is known as the incubation period. Measles affects adults is a more severe way than children.
Children and adults with a weak immune system are highly susceptible to complications associated with measles. In some cases, it can lead to life threatening conditions, such as pneumonia and encephalitis or inflammation of the brain. Other complications associated with measles include ear infections, bronchitis, blindness and a sharp fall in platelet count. A pregnant woman suffering from measles also has a high risk of miscarrying the baby or preterm labour.
There is no definitive form of treating measles and doctors typically address the symptoms while prescribing medication. In most cases, the symptoms and the virus should disappear in two to three weeks. Some of the common forms of medicine prescribed to deal with measles are:
- Medication to relieve fever
- Antibiotics to prevent or treat accompanying bacterial infections
- Vitamin A supplements to reduce the severity of measles symptoms
- Pain relievers to deal with muscle pains
In addition, the patient needs plenty of rest and fluids to strengthen the immune system. The use of a humidifier can also help treat a sore throat and cough. Bright lights can aggravate headaches and irritation and hence should be avoided. Hence, avoid watching television and activities like reading. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.