Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Shalin DubeyYour feedback matters!
Hi Whenever I pass my stool there is an immense itching as well as pain near anal area. Recently I consulted with an homeopathic Doctor. He advised me a medicine called Aesculus hipp 1000 and Collinsonia 200. After taking this medicine I was not facing those problem But whenever I stop taking medicine the problem of itching and pain start again Whether I can get rid of this permanently or not? Suggest me?
Sir, I started dieting before 1 week, now I eat only vegetarian, now I have heavy gas problems. Please tell any remedies for this.
Hello Dr. I am 30 years old and my metabolism is very poor I always hav gastric problem and if I eat little more my wait start to increase and stomach get absent. And I am getting fat balls on my body (lymphoma) Please suggest me something please.
I am having after defecation around anus and inside even .during bowel defection also I am feeling much pain can you help me to find out this .am I affected woth hemmorids.
Bachpan se gas hai hume health v nai banta hai kuch kha lete gas ban jata hai, gas ka bayt dawa khay pr koi thoda din thik hota fir jor ho jata hai gas.
I am 3 months pregnant and suffering from thalassemia. Would it effect on my baby? My husband doesn't have thalassemia.
Sometimes blood appears when I go to fresh, blood appears outer, not with shit. It appears 2-3 days but after that it will not and after some months it appears again when I takes any kind of tablet including fever etc. Last time I contacted to doctor he give me a gel tube. I forget the name of that gel tube.
We have a problem with my digestive system when we eat the food just after we have to go for fresh also body is too much fatty please suggest how to improve it.
I have mild gastric problem. I have taken little food in the afternoon with dal and curd rice. From that time stomach pain came. Once motion also happened. But in motion little bit blood came. Little pain near penis left side and right side. Little blow in stomach. Little hiccups. What should I do? Any problem for me? My weight also little decreased recently. Daily I am eating but no problem. If tamarind is added little any problem. I am taking medicines also. Morning rabeprazole before food. Leozyme syrup thrice after meal. Night before dinner cintapride 1 mg, night before sleep lactulose solution. I am taking these medicines. What are the precautions I have to take? What should I eat and I shouldn't eat? Pls suggest me.
My daughter is 18 years old and having fatty liver, fasting blood sugar 180 and using Istamet 50/1000-half tablet, triglycerides-382 can she use fiber 10 or not?
I am suffering from weak intestine digestive system? What should I do to get well by taking any medicine so that my intestine work properly and swollen liver get better? Is it exercise or daily morning walk will help me to improve my digestive system and swollen liver?
PSA free to total ratio. 28/02/2015: 16.702 19/09/2015: 14.684 29/02/2015: 16.340 PSA total. 28/02/2015: 4.245 19/09/2015: 4.733 29/02/2015: 5.465 Digital Rectal Examination 01/10/2015: Normal Family History: Elder brother had prostate cancer Other Symptoms: None Is there a cause of concern here? What should be the next step. Is biopsy a good idea? What is the success rate / benefit of early detection?
I am high having pain in my rectum/anus or you can say at boundaries of my buttcrack. Don't know how to help and which doctor to look for. Pain has been for 3-4 days now.
I am having acidity problem because of this. I use to take eno and I thing because of consuming eno I have gained my weight. Because every time I get acidity my stomach get increase in size and after taking eno it comes in normal size. Please suggest me about what diet I should take so has to control acidity as well as my weight.
Hi, I am suffering from chronic headache due to acidity since last 3-4 years. Every acidity ends with severe headache and gradually decrease with vomiting cough and bile. If I skip /delay my breakfast for a single day my day ends with sever headache due to acidity. Along with acidity.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid is produced in the stomach, it starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, amongst others. So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list!
- Obesity: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Alcohol and Smoking: The muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go Gluten Free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut out ingredients including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tracts can handle.
- Other Dietary Measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit so that it can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and Well Timed Meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing of stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and putting in a small amount of exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required.